talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Police Shoot Down Terrorist After London Bridge Attack

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6f0ee60869d7306c92315d56324bb53f.png

London Bridge has been cordoned off by police, with a BBC journalist reporting hearing gunfire.

BBC reporter John McManus said he saw a group of men involved in a fight on the bridge.

Police then arrived and shots were fired, he said.

The Met Police confirmed that it was dealing with an incident at London Bridge.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.70d767ef7338b4c8cbfa47d41b59700c.png

The Met Police confirmed that it was dealing with an incident at London Bridge and advised people near the scene to follow directions from officers on the ground.

John McManus told the BBC News channel: "Just a few minutes ago I was walking across London Bridge on the south bank to the north bank of the bridge.

"There appeared to be a fight going on on the other side of the bridge, with several men attacking one man."

There's been 4 shootings in Merseyside over a 48 hour period this week as well, but is it really shocking or surprising that there have been shootings or stabbings in these cities? It's like the norm these days unfortunately.

That big gang brawl with 14 year olds with machetes in Birmingham that occurred this week also doesn't surprise me either.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.90646661348c39b7c1ecafe4f3c7853e.png

Man shot and killed by police on London Bridge - police

BBXvIIq.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

A man has been shot by police after a number of people were believed to be injured in a stabbing attack around London Bridge.

A person is believed to have started attacking people with a knife and was then, according to witnesses, shot by police.

There are up to five casualties, police told Sky's home affairs editor Mark White.

LIVE: Armed police respond to London Bridge incident

A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called at 1.58 pm to a stabbing at premises near to London Bridge. Emergency services attended, including officers from the Met and City of London Police.

"A man has been detained by police. We believe a number of people have been injured."

Video from the bridge appears to show one armed police officer at the beginning of the northside of the bridge crouched behind a police car aiming a gun down the bridge.

The video then moves to what appears to be a body on the pavement on the east side of the bridge.

BBXwaoq.img?h=396&w=594&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Offices around the bridge are on lockdown and London Bridge station is closed, while trains are not stopping, British Transport Police said.

Joe, who was evacuated from his office overlooking London Bridge as he spoke to Sky News, said: "We saw loads of police cars heading towards the bridge. We saw a man on the ground and police pointing guns at him."

He added he later saw a lady being carried away from the scene.

Several police cars on are pictured on the bridge, with a lorry stopped across the central reservation of the dual carriageway.

Police have cordoned off the bridge.

Pavements on both sides of the bridge have large bollards to prevent vehicles. They were installed after the 2017 London Bridge terror attack.

London Ambulance Service has tweeted they are on the scene.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/man-shot-and-killed-by-police-on-london-bridge-police/ar-BBXvFVC?ocid=chromentp

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a54e77d3e1aa9ae974c06df755b59c5b.png

London Bridge: People 'injured' after stabbing

A number of people are believed to have been injured after a stabbing at London Bridge, police have said.

The Met said one man had been shot by police and it was treating the incident "as though it is terror-related".

The force earlier said it had detained a man. London Ambulance Service has declared a "major incident".

The BBC's John McManus, at the scene, said he had seen a group of men in a fight on the bridge. Police then arrived and shots were fired, he said.

British Transport Police said London Bridge station was currently closed and no trains would be stopping there.

Police have advised people near the scene to follow directions from officers on the ground.

The prime minister tweeted he was being updated on the incident and wanted to thank the police and all emergency services for their response.

Home Secretary Priti Patel also tweeted that she was "very concerned" about the incident.

FULL REPORT

• Administrator

Massive credit to the people who tackled the cunt down to the ground so armed police could get to him.

Seen a video of him getting hauled to the ground. The knife looked huge. 

Hope anyone injured makes a full recovery and glad the twat was shot down. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Massive credit to the people who tackled the cunt down to the ground so armed police could get to him.

Seen a video of him getting hauled to the ground. The knife looked huge. 

Hope anyone injured makes a full recovery and glad the twat was shot down. 

The guy running away with the knife thought he was doing a good thing but FFS he should have just tossed the knife away, in situations like that when you have a loaded gun in your possession (police/military) your mind is a 100% focused and in a split second you can read the situation wrong, he was lucky the police never opened fire on him, but they never thank fuck.

50 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nice double tap from the policeman. SJWs on twitter demanding to know why he was shot. Just fuck off.

They can fuck off, maybe the police saw the suicide vest, did not know it was a false one, saw his hand make a movement to whatever (detonation button, mobile in a pocket to set it off) they took no chances and shot him, I would have done the same.

VIDEO

51045009_download(1).thumb.png.36422a67565ea7e03c2a6c51acae1e1b.png

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The guy running away with the knife thought he was doing a good thing but FFS he should have just tossed the knife away, in situations like that when you have a loaded gun in your possession (police/military) your mind is a 100% focused and in a split second you can read the situation wrong, he was lucky the police never opened fire on him, but they never thank fuck.

They can fuck off, maybe the police saw the suicide vest, did not know it was a false one, saw his hand make a movement to whatever (detonation button, mobile in a pocket to set it off) they took no chances and shot him, I would have done the same.

VIDEO

51045009_download(1).thumb.png.36422a67565ea7e03c2a6c51acae1e1b.png

I think the police are more than well trained enough to know what to do in that situation... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think the police are more than well trained enough to know what to do in that situation... 

Aye, they are, and it annoys me where you get a situation like them shooting the terrorist then people bloody questioning why did they shoot him, what did they want the police to do, stand back and tell him to put his hands behind his head like a good boy and then if the vest was not a fake and he did detonate it and scores of people were killed and injured then they would say why didn't the police just shoot him funny old world we live in nowadays.  

30 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

And on the other side, plenty saying every Muslim should be expelled from the country. Cuts both ways. 

Not really, you’re just a massive racist cunt anyway if you think that (not you, whoever writes that shit). Questioning the thought process of an ARU officer shooting dead a terrorist is laughable and in no way comparable in my honest opinion. Just absolute barnets the lot of them.

• Subscriber

Doing patrols in N/I on tour in 72 was a bloody nightmare, you had to be fully 100% focused where sometimes you had situations where some old boy at night would walk around a corner and point his walking stick at you like it was a rifle or young kids with toy guns and rifles playing together like we did when we were kids, many a time like that we would freeze for a split second.

I don't think I would like to be a policeman nowadays with situations like what happened today, the policeman who shot him will have to hand a report in why he shot him then go in front of a police enquiry revue in the shooting and give his reasons, I feel sorry for the policeman who was only doing his job and what he is trained to do, not jump onto a twitter account and give his reasons why he shot a terrorist.

Ending this by saying how do we know if the guy shot was a Muslim? it could have been a crackpot with no connections to being a Muslim just followed all the trend's he/she reads on media posts and then act them out.   

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A lot of questions for the police and the government to answer here. Surely if he's on tag they would know if he moved significantly from his home area? 

I read he was attending an event put on by Cambridge University criminology department. He was invited to speak about his prison experience.

Archived