talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Exequiel Palacios - Bayer Leverkusen

football forum

Bayer Leverkusen are reported by various sources to be close to signing Argentinian international midfielder Exequiel Palacios. Leverkusen are set to activate Palacios's release clause at River Plate, which is set at only €15 million.

If Leverkusen go ahead and buy Palacios for just €15 million, they will be buying one of the best midfielders in South America for a bargain price. Palacios has been strongly linked to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Inter Milan and Ajax among other clubs and is clearly highly rated. Surely Leverkusen will have attained something of a coup, if they do sign Palacios ahead of those other elite clubs. Palacios only turned 21 years of age last month, but he is a complete midfielder, able to defend and attack with equal class and effectiveness. Palacios helped River Plate win the 2018 Copa Libertadores. He also helped River Plate reach the final of the 2019 Copa Libertadores, only losing narrowly last week to Flamengo in the final 2-1, as the Brazilians scored an injury time winning goal after they had equalised on 89 minutes.

Palacios looks like he will replace Leverkusen's 30 year old Chilean midfielder, Charles Aranguiz. Aranguiz's contract expires at the end of the season. It seems likely that Leverkusen will try and sell Aranguiz in the January transfer window, so that they can get some money from his sale, instead of losing him for nothing at the end of the season. West Ham are one of several clubs looking to buy Aranguiz in January. If he does leave at the start of 2020, then Palacios is very likely to be his replacement at Leverkusen in January 2020.

https://www.football-espana.net/82076/bayer-leverkusen-land-river-plate-midfielder-exequiel-palacios

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been made Official, Palacios has been signed by Bayer Leverkusen for a reported fee of 22 million and he is contracted to Leverkusen until 2025. The Argentinian international Palacios will join Leverkusen at the start of January.

https://bulinews.com/news/4126/official-leverkusen-sign-exequiel-palacios

Personally I think that Leverkusen have signed a bargain here, Palacios has been highly rated for years now, despite the fact that he is still only 21 years old. It was only an injury that prevented him from joining elite clubs such as Real Madrid in recent years. He is one of the best midfielders in South America, this is an excellent signing made by Leverkusen.

21 minutes ago, Michael said:

It has been made Official, Palacios has been signed by Bayer Leverkusen for a reported fee of 22 million and he is contracted to Leverkusen until 2025. The Argentinian international Palacios will join Leverkusen at the start of January.

https://bulinews.com/news/4126/official-leverkusen-sign-exequiel-palacios

Personally I think that Leverkusen have signed a bargain here, Palacios has been highly rated for years now, despite the fact that he is still only 21 years old. It was only an injury that prevented him from joining elite clubs such as Real Madrid in recent years. He is one of the best midfielders in South America, this is an excellent signing made by Leverkusen.

Indeed, our president is just braindead and more than likely corrupt, putting low clauses to our best players and not renewing on time later.

9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Indeed, our president is just braindead and more than likely corrupt, putting low clauses to our best players and not renewing on time later.

Well you are probably right, because Palacios is an excellent player from what I have seen. For Leverkusen to be able to buy him for only 22 million is surprisingly cheap. But then again, this is South America, where you can find a lot of bargains as many of the top clubs in South America do not ask high prices for some of their best players.

I remember watching Lautaro Martinez at Racing Club a few years ago and I could tell then that he was the real deal and a real class talent. Yet Racing Club also sold him to Inter Milan for only about 22 million. South America seems to be the place to find real bargains when looking to sign talented players. The Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk have made a real business of buying some of the best talents in South America on the cheap and then selling them on 2 or 3 years later for about 4 or 5 or 6 times the transfer fee they initially bought those players for.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well you are probably right, because Palacios is an excellent player from what I have seen. For Leverkusen to be able to buy him for only 22 million is surprisingly cheap. But then again, this is South America, where you can find a lot of bargains as many of the top clubs in South America do not ask high prices for some of their best players.

I remember watching Lautaro Martinez at Racing Club a few years ago and I could tell then that he was the real deal and a real class talent. Yet Racing Club also sold him to Inter Milan for only about 22 million. South America seems to be the place to find real bargains when looking to sign talented players. The Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk have made a real business of buying some of the best talents in South America on the cheap and then selling them on 2 or 3 years later for about 4 or 5 or 6 times the transfer fee they initially bought those players for.

Yes, most chairmans here are corrupt, for example given you mentioned Lautaro, Dortmund made Racing an offer 10M higher than that of Inter, but their braindead president refused because he had given his "word" to Inter, stupid corrupt cunt and they don't even own the clubs like in most parts of Europe, they're voted by the socios (similar to season ticket holders) so it's not like it's their company to do as they please.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yes, most chairmans here are corrupt, for example given you mentioned Lautaro, Dortmund made Racing an offer 10M higher than that of Inter, but their braindead president refused because he had given his "word" to Inter, stupid corrupt cunt and they don't even own the clubs like in most parts of Europe, they're voted by the socios (similar to season ticket holders) so it's not like it's their company to do as they plase.

Yes, I remember that, Dortmund were the other team really after Lautaro Martinez and you've just reminded me how they sold him to Inter because apparently they had already verbally agreed the deal. I remember at the time, I found that really surprising how they accepted the lower offer from Inter.

That's not how most European clubs would work, they usually sell to the highest bidder and then that transfer money is expected to be spent on replacement players.

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I remember that, Dortmund were the other team really after Lautaro Martinez and you've just reminded me how they sold him to Inter because apparently they had already verbally agreed the deal. I remember at the time, I found that really surprising how they accepted the lower offer from Inter.

That's not how most European clubs would work, they usually sell to the highest bidder and then that transfer money is expected to be spent on replacement players.

Exactly, here 95% of chairmen are corrupt and apart from that extremely stupid.

Just now, Berserker said:

Exactly, here 95% of chairmen are corrupt and apart from that extremely stupid.

I am sorry man, if that is indeed the case. It must be extremely frustrating to be a fan of a top South American club and see some great players emerge, only to be sold off for way under their actual value. The least most fans expect if they have to sell one of their top players, is that their club then sells the player for at least close to his actual value. Then that money can hopefully be spent to regenrate the squad. But the current situation is bound to be very annoying to fans such as yourself.

30 minutes ago, Michael said:

I am sorry man, if that is indeed the case. It must be extremely frustrating to be a fan of a top South American club and see some great players emerge, only to be sold off for way under their actual value. The least most fans expect if they have to sell one of their top players, is that their club then sells the player for at least close to his actual value. Then that money can hopefully be spent to regenrate the squad. But the current situation is bound to be very annoying to fans such as yourself.

Yep, it's shit. Thanks for the support hehe.

• The topic was locked

Archived