talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eberechi Eze - Palace Sign QPR Winger

• Subscriber

QPR's England Under-21 midfielder Eberechi Eze's dream move to Tottenham could be off following the departure of manager Mauricio Pochettino. Chelsea, Leicester City, West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday have also been watching the 21-year-old. (Sun)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the ITKs ...

Palace made a bid of 12m a couple of weeks back. QPR want 16m plus add ons. Palace are happy to sit back knowing that QPR will eventually need the money.

QPR are trying to drum up interest to get West Ham involved, but West Ham will need to sell players before funding the money. A swap deal with cash plus Hugill and Fredericks has been rumoured but unlikely because QPR want the cash up front.

QPR would rather sell to West Ham, however Crystal Palace are Eze's preferred destination as he's likely to play regularly as opposed to being a squad player at West Ham.

At the same time, Bright Osayi-Samuel (who is someome i love on the highlights show) has turned down Club Brugge because he wants to play in the Premier League. We are his rumoured favoured club but hes also been linked to every other club in the bottom half.

QPR obviously dont want to lose their two most explosive players to the same club so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I imagine we will end up getting one and id be happy with either.

• The title was changed to Eberechi Eze - Premier League Clubs Interested
  • Subscriber

I'd have him here. I think he's well worth a go at that price. He's young, blatantly talented, versatile and English too (which matters regarding quotas). Honestly, if we don't get a decent wide player in this summer while we let Palace and West Ham battle over Eze I'll be fucking fuming.

Surely as well Palace should just pay up by the way. I thought a while back you were an obvious move for him but I thought asking price could be a stumbling block. I thought he'd be nearer double that.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I'd have him here. I think he's well worth a go at that price. He's young, blatantly talented, versatile and English too (which matters regarding quotas). Honestly, if we don't get a decent wide player in this summer while we let Palace and West Ham battle over Eze I'll be fucking fuming.

Surely as well Palace should just pay up by the way. I thought a while back you were an obvious move for him but I thought asking price could be a stumbling block. I thought he'd be nearer double that.

If you want a wide player, I don't think Eze is your man. He thrives in the middle of the pitch, that's where you'll get the best out of him. But if you wanted him to strengthen the squad, definitely. I think he's potentially a great little player.

I'd love him at Leeds to take over Pablo Hernandez but it looks like we're focussed elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Surely you'd be setting your sights on somebody like David Brooks as opposed to Ebere Eze?

• Subscriber

I think I'd have Eze here as an option, i was under the impression he could play basically anywhere, left wing, right wing, attacking midfield etc... I think he just looks a really talented player but granted I take the point there are probably better 'fits'.

Trincao from Barcelona is one we want but I can see us spending all summer being pissed around by them as they want Soyuncu and I just don't think that's a battle we're going to win, and as much as I'd want Trincao I really don't want to lose Soyuncu.

I think ideally a left footed right winger. Perez was never a good fit for us. An OK player but not a great fit. A silly buy for what we paid.

I'd be happy with Brooks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Eze has bags of potential but so much depends on utilising him correctly. I don't think Palace is a good fit for him to be honest, location wise keeping him in London it is, but style wise, he'll be expected to do far more work and defensive shifts than he currently is. 

I was gutted we didn't pursue him further but by all accounts, he wasn't keen on moving North. The fee would not have been an issue, I think thats a good, fair price for both clubs.

Shame for us really because Bielsa liked him, he seemed to point him out in the post match interviews and visibly, he always caused us problems everytime he played against us.

Palace need every bit of attacking help they can get. He should help take some pressure off of Zaha (assuming he stays again) 

Two very un-Palace signings this summer. It would appear that they’re slightly changing their tact in the transfer market. They’ve managed to get two young English players for a combined £20m, that’s very good business in this day and age. A couple of years of half decent performances and they’re worth £50m+, you’d imagine. 

On 28/08/2020 at 10:42, Smiley Culture said:

Two very un-Palace signings this summer. It would appear that they’re slightly changing their tact in the transfer market. They’ve managed to get two young English players for a combined £20m, that’s very good business in this day and age. A couple of years of half decent performances and they’re worth £50m+, you’d imagine. 

It seems like we will be getting Flynn Downes from Ipswich too. They were originally quoting four million at the end of last season according to The Athletic but that seems to have dropped down now to two million.

It seems we are still very much in the transfer market for another center back, a wide player (Ryan Fraser has allegedly been offered a contract) and another forward too. It's absolutely crucial we get this transfer window right and all the early signs are encouraging.

• Administrator

Did well to sell for that amount with a 20% sell on too. Funnily enough it was the EFLs draconian Financial Fairplay leaching that led to Eze getting his chance at Loftus Road. He's a confidence player so he'll need an arm around the shoulder.  

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Batard said:

Did well to sell for that amount with a 20% sell on too. Funnily enough it was the EFLs draconian Financial Fairplay leaching that led to Eze getting his chance at Loftus Road. He's a confidence player so he'll need an arm around the shoulder.  

He reminds me a bit of Grealish style wise. You've obviously seen a lot more mind.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

He reminds me a bit of Grealish style wise. You've obviously seen a lot more mind.

He's a lot tougher physically, more of an athlete. Can run through players as well as round them.

Archived