talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Is the Worst Player In Your Squad?

• Administrator

The worst player in your side that has played this season (so not some youth player who has no future at all). Someone who has played some part in this season but should be nowhere near your squad.

For us, I'd say Ahmed Musa.

Pace, pace, pace. That's all there is to him and even then he doesn't utilise that to the best of his ability. He seems to be on a par with Jeff Schlupp but just not as strong. One of the worst transfers we've made in a long time.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly not the worst but I find it disgusting that Wayne Hennessey has had the nerve to accept his weekly wage for the past fourteen months. Like a lot of our team, I could see him playing for a bottom half Championship club given his performances an for lack of confidence.

In terms of ability Martin Kelly is one that has really gone backwards in the last two years. Probably due to a combination of lack of playing time and nobody really figuring out what his best position is any more. You can add Frazier Campbell, Chung Yong-Lee and Bakary Sako to that category too.

Paul Pogba. Genuine. Goes missing, can't string 2 fucking passes together, gets chucked off the ball by players 1/2 his size, misses point blank headers and shots with regularity, wanders around the pitch like a headless chicken with zero direction, more interested in getting videos viral and dabbing like a cunt than being a decent footballer.

But more than that, his best mate is the abysmal Jesse Lingard. Urgh.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have my reasons and I know it's going to sound radical, but for Arsenal the worst player (or the player that grates on me the most) is Mesut Özil.

his laziness at times pisses me off so much. if there's one thing I can't stand across the board for any player at a club, it's laziness.

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

if there's one thing I can't stand across the board for any player at a club, it's laziness

This!

Has anyone read the extracts from Özil's autobiography which is due to be released soon?

He's been quite honest in it and there are some parts between him and Mourinho at Real Madrid that tell the story of what some Arsenal fans have been so upset with him on.  The guy is bloody lazy and that's it.

in no particular order.... Walcott, Ramsey , Ozil and Gabriel. Of these only Ramsey is better if he can keep his head under control and not shoot every ball he gets around the box.  I could add Iwobi too but it would be pretty harsh on the youngster, its the manager's fault to throw him in the starting XI all the time

Francis Coquelin by a mile, absolutely useless. Elneny & Gabriel are right up there to.

Ozil is our best player along with Sanchez, no idea why he keeps getting brought up. I suppose the laziness myth will introduce itself because it's not the English way to not run around like an idiot.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Francis Coquelin by a mile, absolutely useless. Elneny & Gabriel are right up there to.

Ozil is our best player along with Sanchez, no idea why he keeps getting brought up. I suppose the laziness myth will introduce itself because it's not the English way to not run around like an idiot.

it's not running around like an idiot though. Don't get me wrong, I rate Ozil because of his creativity and ability to control a game at times. But at the other times you see him just walking around literally being a lazy fucker. Means that other players are made to work harder. Walking about not giving your all is a trait that doesn't sit right with a lot of fans regardless of other stuff they contribute.

• Subscriber

Ahmed Musa for me as well. I've given him a chance but he has so many shockers that I'm starting to think it might be worth just cutting our losses. The amount of times he completely blows the basics worries me. Sixteen million as well.

Even at the time I wasn't convinced we needed to spend that much on someone of his position. The whole thing reeked of awful planning.

From the starting XI, it's Pogba. Wasteful, can't do simple things, was not needed at United at all (said that many times in summer) and using him makes the midfield unbalanced unless Herrera and [on good form] Carrick are playing.

From the bench who are playing regularly, Fellaini and Rooney.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Paul Pogba. Genuine. Goes missing, can't string 2 fucking passes together, gets chucked off the ball by players 1/2 his size, misses point blank headers and shots with regularity, wanders around the pitch like a headless chicken with zero direction, more interested in getting videos viral and dabbing like a cunt than being a decent footballer.

But more than that, his best mate is the abysmal Jesse Lingard. Urgh.

Said at the time everything about the transfer was the complete epitome of where this sport has gone wrong. It's not even the fee itself, every single aspect to that transfer was about marketing rather than what he'd add to your team. Atrocious signing.

6 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

it's not running around like an idiot though. Don't get me wrong, I rate Ozil because of his creativity and ability to control a game at times. But at the other times you see him just walking around literally being a lazy fucker. Means that other players are made to work harder. Walking about not giving your all is a trait that doesn't sit right with a lot of fans regardless of other stuff they contribute.

Works both ways, because we have a lot of unintelligent attackers like Iwobi he has to his job offensively as well as his own. He works extremely hard on the attacking side, I don't begrudge his work rate and have never felt he was lazy. I would fully agree he can be tepid and weak in challenges, that's my biggest peeve with him.

19 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Its not about running like an idiot and clocking 20kms per match mate. But if you see an opponent who is nearby with the ball then the general expectation is to put your leg and make it hard for the opponent. He doesnt even bother anything about it. I dont want him to run all they way into Arsenals box and defend and tackle .... but how often do you see him pressing in opponents box or trying to stop their flow of passing? Also do you know how easy is it for most players to bully and dispossess ozil? You just have to be little physical and ozil will lose the ball.

It's not even that...  How about when YOU lose the ball, do you AT LEAST (the very least) chase back?  There are too many issues with him.  He requires the team to be on top form and isn't a player to take the bull by the horns like Alexis.  A player that pushes his team to try harder because of his will to win.  All world class players are or should be decisive, Özil isn't.  He is extremely talented in what he does, one of the best at that but too many planets have to be aligned to witness all that.

• Subscriber

Don't dislike any of these players but, now that Gibson has cleared off you're choosing from...

Kone - the fuck has happened to him this season?

Valencia - a hard worker who has had an impact once or twice but the fact West Ham were willing to let him go on loan says it all.

Jagielka - harsh but he was terrible earlier this season before he got dropped.

Lennon - feel for him as he seems a good guy but he belongs at a bottom half club. 

I have to go for Kone though.

• Subscriber

Sissoko of course, mainly because of the price tag - he's not a good athlete, but doesn't offer any sort of creativity or goal threat. He's not a typical Tottenham player at all.

Archived