talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Is the Worst Player In Your Squad?

36 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sissoko of course, mainly because of the price tag - he's not a good athlete, but doesn't offer any sort of creativity or goal threat. He's not a typical Tottenham player at all.

Never did get why you lot bought him, especially at that price when in general you lot are pretty stingey? 

It was reported that Spurs tried to sign Wijnaldum along with us and also enquired about Lallana ... But Sissoko?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Never did get why you lot bought him, especially at that price when in general you lot are pretty stingey? 

It was reported that Spurs tried to sign Wijnaldum along with us and also enquired about Lallana ... But Sissoko?

Needed another player in the squad, Poch wanted someone and ended up with Sissoko, strange signing, especially as you say we wouldn't pay the money for Wijnaldum or Mane's wages.

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Needed another player in the squad, Poch wanted someone and ended up with Sissoko, strange signing, especially as you say we wouldn't pay the money for Wijnaldum or Mane's wages.

We had Mane sewn up 6 months before he arrived and I don't think there's much difference between what Spurs pay Sissoko and we pay Wijnaldum? 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

We had Mane sewn up 6 months before he arrived and I don't think there's much difference between what Spurs pay Sissoko and we pay Wijnaldum? 

Not sure that's true...visited our training ground in the summer before he joined you.

And no probably not - it was bizarre that's what I'm saying. I meant we wouldn't pay the fee for Wijnaldum and then spent it on Sissoko, very odd.

15 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not sure that's true...visited our training ground in the summer before he joined you.

And no probably not - it was bizarre that's what I'm saying. I meant we wouldn't pay the fee for Wijnaldum and then spent it on Sissoko, very odd.

We've made some bizzare mistakes ourselves. None more than refusing to pay Delli Alli £5k a week whilst offering Stewart (a free transfer from Spurs no less) a new contract on about £20k a week. 

Disgusting on our part and bugs me everytime I see Alli play because not only is he a die-hard Liverpool supporter, he was also almost about to sign but us fucking around trying to save a few quid enabled Spurs to come in and offer a reasonable wage. 

That's our old much loved transfer committee 

:|

Regarding Mane, obviously I don't what's true or not true but according to Klopp and Mane they spoke in January 16 about a summer move (Klopp wanted him even at Dortmund) and then when we made an official bid the following summer it was all done and dusted within days. 

Fuck it anyway he's ours so suckered :P

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Batard said:

And no, you can't use Sunderland ...

Let's start with Goalkeepers ... can anyone top Eldin Jakupovic at Hull? He's fucking useless xD

is he? I thought he'd done alright at Hull (apart from at the weekend xD )

I'd say Claudio Bravo because of his reported stature in the game and failure to deliver. Hart is better.

• Subscriber

Gomes still looks massively prone to a howler. All over the place at the weekend too.

Thought Jakupovic was atrocious as well. Could've done better with both of our first two.

Don't you dare bring Jak into this! He was poor on Saturday but aside from that he's been mostly reliable.

Bravo has been appalling this season. I dread to think how many goals a team like us or Sunderland would have shipped with him between the sticks xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Speaking of Petr Cech...

20% of the PL goals Petr Cech has ever let in have come in his Arsenal career. Which began last season.

I read that roughly 15% of his PL games have been for Arsenal. Given his age and the defense in front of him (it's not quite Ferriera, Carvalho, Terry and Cole) it's not that bad a statistic. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Gomes still looks massively prone to a howler. All over the place at the weekend too.

Thought Jakupovic was atrocious as well. Could've done better with both of our first two.

many Watford fans still rate him and despite the potential for a howler, he's actually been very good for them apparently. 

• Administrator

Bravo wins this round ... defenders next ... how Shit is Papy Djilobodji? So shit I can't believe Chelsea bought him from Nantes in the first place before moving to Sunderland. He's absolute toss

• Administrator

Ahmed Elmohamady. I think he plays more as a wing-back for Hull but in a defensive sense, he's absolutely turd. 

And you could probably include anyone from Sunderland's defence! 

• Administrator

I'm gonna put forward Otamendi, too. Liability when it comes to positioning and just general defending. his play-acting makes him embarrassing as well. 

• Subscriber

Anyone from Bournemouth's defence. Ours has been pretty horrible this year as well but it's hard to pick one out in-particular. Maybe one of the centre halves.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Gomes is the type of the guy that will give away two penalties by being reckless but them save both penalties magnificently. To put him in the same breath as Wayne Hennessey is insulting to anyone whose watched match of the day.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Gomes is the type of the guy that will give away two penalties by being reckless but them save both penalties magnificently. To put him in the same breath as Wayne Hennessey is insulting to anyone whose watched match of the day.

Watch Watford at the weekend. Some of those goals are beyond belief. He's a very strange keeper.

Mings has had a pretty awful season. Injured for a long time and when he does come back into the team he scores a couple of own goals and is probably about to be banned for  half a dozen games.

Archived