talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Is the Worst Player In Your Squad?

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But as you can see I have left him in the list mate.  He remains there because he has shown again even in this present season he isn't good enough. xD

So I'll give you half a point! :$

Fairy snuff 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xhaka so far looks like one of the worst players I have seen at Arsenal due to the price tag plus everything about him he has just been shocking.

I note about another poor player is  vincent Janssen, not worked out well so far at Spurs.

4 hours ago, Batard said:

I thought Emre Can had been relatively good this season, offering balance in the Liverpool midfield. Personally I rate him 

Don't listen to them he's not crap, he just has his limitations as a CM and I also think this prolonged contract negotiations aren't helping either. Can is very hot and cold to be honest. He's much better when we play the bigger clubs when he's given a specific job to do that he can stick to. He's not so good when we have all the possession aagainst weaker sides where the emphasis is on us to break them down. 

Hes very young though and he'll improve. You don't get to play regularly for Liverpool and be a full German International whilst being scouted intensely by Juventus if you're crap. I'm happy for him to stay as a squad player because our depth on the whole is poor but it looks like he'll be off in the summer due to contract negotiations hitting a brick wall. He'll have a good career though and we'll probably make a decent profit on the £10m we paid for him. 

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Quite harsh on Barry there, he can still do a job in the Premier League but age has slowed his legs down.

I'm still happy for him to stay with us as a squad player.

I admit, I don't follow Everton regularly. Just the odd match, but every time I have seen him, he seems a tad bit slow. Something which happened to Gerrard as well at the end of his career. His experience could be vital if he stays as a squad player

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't listen to them he's not crap, he just has his limitations as a CM and I also think this prolonged contract negotiations aren't helping either. Can is very hot and cold to be honest. He's much better when we play the bigger clubs when he's given a specific job to do that he can stick to. He's not so good when we have all the possession aagainst weaker sides where the emphasis is on us to break them down. 

Hes very young though and he'll improve. You don't get to play regularly for Liverpool and be a full German International whilst being scouted intensely by Juventus if you're crap. I'm happy for him to stay as a squad player because our depth on the whole is poor but it looks like he'll be off in the summer due to contract negotiations hitting a brick wall. He'll have a good career though and we'll probably make a decent profit on the £10m we paid for him. 

Yep, that's why I mentioned him. Hendo, Gini and Lallana have been told about their roles. Can on the other hand hasn't. I actually believed that he would improve and regularly feature under Klopp, but he hasn't progressed as a player. His injuries haven't helped him. But he has been terrible every time he has played( was decent against Arsenal) , slowing the play down and basically not adapting. He is young, but looking at the way his contract negotiations are unfurling, he is more likely to leave in the summer.

2 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Xhaka so far looks like one of the worst players I have seen at Arsenal due to the price tag plus everything about him he has just been shocking.

I note about another poor player is  vincent Janssen, not worked out well so far at Spurs.

I forgot he existed. Quite the disappearing act.

19 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I admit, I don't follow Everton regularly. Just the odd match, but every time I have seen him, he seems a tad bit slow. Something which happened to Gerrard as well at the end of his career. His experience could be vital if he stays as a squad player

Yep, that's why I mentioned him. Hendo, Gini and Lallana have been told about their roles. Can on the other hand hasn't. I actually believed that he would improve and regularly feature under Klopp, but he hasn't progressed as a player. His injuries haven't helped him. But he has been terrible every time he has played( was decent against Arsenal) , slowing the play down and basically not adapting. He is young, but looking at the way his contract negotiations are unfurling, he is more likely to leave in the summer.

Can's such a frustrating player because the technical ability's there but his total lack of mobility and intelligence really hold him back. I don't think he belongs anywhere near this XI, mind.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Worst players of the season

• Petr Cech (Arsenal)
  • Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal)
  • Granit Xhaka (Arsenal)
  • Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)
  • Mesut Özil (Arsenal)
  • Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)
  • Francis Coquelin (Arsenal)

Dispute it!

Be brave...  Go on!  I dare someone by debating football.

Relevance to their status, their wages which is filed by their status and everything else that comes with playing for one of the richest clubs in the world.

• Petr Cech - Old, idiot should not have left for Arsenal.
  • Laurent Koscielny - This idiot has no excuses, should be in his prime.
  • Granit Xhaka - Immobile idiot that shouldn't have expectations.
  • Aaron Ramsey - Obviously has talent but is probably an idiot.
  • Mesut Özil - Always was and always will be an invisible idiot.
  • Francis Coquelin - Was never good to begin with. Idiot.

4 hours ago, VanPanna said:

What baffles me about Xhaka is Wenger came out and said he can't tackle. Why would you authorise spending so much money on a tenacious midfielder and not check he can tackle?

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Worst players of the season

• Petr Cech (Arsenal)
  • Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal)
  • Granit Xhaka (Arsenal)
  • Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)
  • Mesut Özil (Arsenal)
  • Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)
  • Francis Coquelin (Arsenal)

Dispute it!

Be brave...  Go on!  I dare someone by debating football.

Relevance to their status, their wages which is filed by their status and everything else that comes with playing for one of the richest clubs in the world.

I disagree with all of them bar Coquelin to be frank. I think they are all very good players who are being wasted by a past it football coach. I personally still think Laurent Koscielny is one of the best CB's around, considering how disgustingly exposed he is, he really covers up so man errors in our team. If he was playing for Chelsea right now he'd be lauded as the best CB in the league. Xhaka & Ramsey are just completely mis-used, as proven yesterday. In the first half they were very good in 3 man midfield and it's the way they should be utilised.

Ozil well I see the point your trying to make here but it's pretty ridiculous to suggest he is one of the worst players in the league. Interesting stat I saw today actually, will be eye-opening for a few -

C6ZhYYfWcAEBRj8.jpg  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Ubuntu said:

I haven't watched Arsenal at all this year, but is Xhaka really doing that poorly?!?

seems like his main goal is to get sent off. achieved it a couple of times already.

best thing he's done this season is probably the goal against Hull.

I know Giroud was crossed off the list but how he could ever be considered for a Worst XI of the season in the first place when strikers like Mbokani, Diomande, Afobe, Andre Gray, Ighalo and Stuani have seen regular playing time this season is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Ubuntu said:

I haven't watched Arsenal at all this year, but is Xhaka really doing that poorly?!?

He has by no means been spectacular, but no where near as bad as some people are making out. One of the best passers I've seen and he is defensively quite sound. He can be very rash at times, which is his biggest weakness. He will excel if we continue to play 4-3-3 with him at the base, but I don't see that continuing under Wenger.

2 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

seems like his main goal is to get sent off. achieved it a couple of times already.

That's a bit ridiculous, he has been sent off twice this season and his first one was one of the worst red card decisions I have ever seen.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That's a bit ridiculous, he has been sent off twice this season and his first one was one of the worst red card decisions I have ever seen.

the rash challenge against Swansea? Maybe I was exaggerating a bit about it being his main goal, but his reputation speaks for itself. Something like 10 red cards in 3 seasons?

Just now, StanLCFC said:

the rash challenge against Swansea? Maybe I was exaggerating a bit about it being his main goal, but his reputation speaks for itself. Something like 10 red cards in 3 seasons?

He is by no means a saint, but overall he hasn't been that bad for us. He only has 3 yellow cards in the league this year. I think a lot of it comes down to his horrible slide tackling motion. Everytime he slides in it looks a terrible tackle. If he could just stay on his feet he'd be fine. xD 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Rumour has it that we're tapping Keane up to fuck. We had several offers for him rejected by Burnley but there's serious talk that we will go back in again during the summer.

We went for him in the summer and had £15mil turned down.

We used to have him on loan and I thought he was OK but nothing too special, but fair play he's definitely gone a way to justifying the hype around the time we had him.

I'd imagine there'll be a bit of a bidding war for him, I wonder if maybe Liverpool would go in for him as well.

I'm reading that Maguire would be on a free, which I find remarkable. I'm very surprised nobody went for him in January - in-fact, why didn't we?

36 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Yea and the keeper should of saved it, he is just getting glorified still over this, the same people that wank themselves off when Ozil makes a pass. 

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

What baffles me about Xhaka is Wenger came out and said he can't tackle. Why would you authorise spending so much money on a tenacious midfielder and not check he can tackle?

Xhaka is being used wrong totally at Arsenal, he just doesn't suit the play of Arsenal whatsoever his long passing is great but his short passing is shocking, watch him carefully when he has the ball, he gives the ball away so much with his short passes then he chases after the player to try and get the ball back in a reckless way, it is schoolboy stuff it really is.   

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

What's happened to Coquelin by the way? It was only last season that the ArsenalFanTV lot were rimming him to high heaven.

Good list though SirB, not one name on there can be happy with their personal performances this season.

The usual, they got carried away. Never seen the fuss with him at all.

39 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He has by no means been spectacular, but no where near as bad as some people are making out. One of the best passers I've seen and he is defensively quite sound. He can be very rash at times, which is his biggest weakness. He will excel if we continue to play 4-3-3 with him at the base, but I don't see that continuing under Wenger.

He isnt a deep defending player like he is been used at the moment, playing in 4 2 1 3 isnt working at all, he isnt the player that is going to chase players and get the ball back, plus his short passing isnt great at all. He is a long passing player which is very good at but unfortunately he is at the wrong club its just a total miss match of style. 

51 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I disagree with all of them bar Coquelin to be frank. I think they are all very good players who are being wasted by a past it football coach. I personally still think Laurent Koscielny is one of the best CB's around, considering how disgustingly exposed he is, he really covers up so man errors in our team. If he was playing for Chelsea right now he'd be lauded as the best CB in the league. Xhaka & Ramsey are just completely mis-used, as proven yesterday. In the first half they were very good in 3 man midfield and it's the way they should be utilised.

Ozil well I see the point your trying to make here but it's pretty ridiculous to suggest he is one of the worst players in the league. Interesting stat I saw today actually, will be eye-opening for a few -

C6ZhYYfWcAEBRj8.jpg  

Just because he ran 10km doesn't mean he actually did anything. 

53 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just because he ran 10km doesn't mean he actually did anything. 

It's more to point out that he is called lazy, yet Sanchez is lauded for his work-rate. 

People's mis-conceptions of Arsenal players is quite astounding at times. 

Archived