talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Is the Worst Player In Your Squad?

8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's more to point out that he is called lazy, yet Sanchez is lauded for his work-rate. 

People's mis-conceptions of Arsenal players is quite astounding at times. 

What does it matter if he is running but not doing anything?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dan said:

We went for him in the summer and had £15mil turned down.

We used to have him on loan and I thought he was OK but nothing too special, but fair play he's definitely gone a way to justifying the hype around the time we had him.

I'd imagine there'll be a bit of a bidding war for him, I wonder if maybe Liverpool would go in for him as well.

I'm reading that Maguire would be on a free, which I find remarkable. I'm very surprised nobody went for him in January - in-fact, why didn't we?

Maguire's got nearly 18 months on his contract, there's no way he's going for free.

13 hours ago, Batard said:

I thought Emre Can had been relatively good this season, offering balance in the Liverpool midfield. Personally I rate him 

Really? He's been totally dogshite this season. Can just looks clueless out there and for every piece of good play we see from him, we'll see about 5 terrible errors. I had high hopes for Can after his bounce back in form last season, but I now think he'll never really build the consistency to be the player he is in the short time each season he is when he's actually in form.

Barry or Xhaka are other good shouts. When I've watched him this season, Barry looks very, very past it. Xhaka's just been incredibly underwhelming.

It's tougher to decide who the worst wide players are though.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Takyon said:

Maguire's got nearly 18 months on his contract, there's no way he's going for free.

Fair enough. That doesn't surprise me. It came from Foxestalk so wasn't convinced. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, VanPanna said:

What about Vardy and Mahrez?

Neither have hit the heights of last year but I'd not have either of them in this side. I'd get Musa in over either of them.

No surprise both look like last years players given we're actually playing suitable tactics again.

On 7/3/2017 at 6:05 AM, DeadLinesman said:

Phil Jones cruising under the radar. Rojo is horrific as well. Whatever happened to that lad Luke Shaw 🤔

Finally you figured it out with Rojo, we only use him in our NT because he provides height as a LB but he's shit and limited as fuck.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

He's been awful whenever I've seen him and reckless in the extreme. He got away with his limitations at Sporting as he was at a big club in an un-competitive league however with Manchester United it just isn't the same.

I'd be very surprised if he's still playing at Old Trafford come 2019.

Yeah, i was surprised when they bought him, much better LBs or CBs out there. His only good attributes are his height, his versatility as he can play both LB and CB and the fact he can pull a decent cross once every full moon, but that's about it.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, i was surprised when they bought him, much better LBs or CBs out there. His only good attributes are his height, his versatility as he can play both LB and CB and the fact he can pull a decent cross once every full moon, but that's about it.

He's a Mourinho player though, he doesn't like or rate Blind and isn't keen on Shaw either. He's done this before though. He played William Gallas, a right footed centreback at left back at Chelsea. Gallas was never a full back. 

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

He's a Mourinho player though, he doesn't like or rate Blind and isn't keen on Shaw either. He's done this before though. He played William Gallas, a right footed centreback at left back at Chelsea. Gallas was never a full back. 

Yeah he's, the guy's tough as nails, i'll give him that.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:41 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

Possibly not the worst but I find it disgusting that Wayne Hennessey has had the nerve to accept his weekly wage for the past fourteen months. Like a lot of our team, I could see him playing for a bottom half Championship club given his performances an for lack of confidence.

In terms of ability Martin Kelly is one that has really gone backwards in the last two years. Probably due to a combination of lack of playing time and nobody really figuring out what his best position is any more. You can add Frazier Campbell, Chung Yong-Lee and Bakary Sako to that category too.

Such a waste. Tore it up when he was with us in the Prem, had his shitty injury, we went down, he moved on and he seems to be ineffectual at best now. Shame really.

On 3/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Never did get why you lot bought him, especially at that price when in general you lot are pretty stingey? 

It was reported that Spurs tried to sign Wijnaldum along with us and also enquired about Lallana ... But Sissoko?

Do you rate Wijnaldum? 

22 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Do you rate Wijnaldum? 

Yes, I do now anyway. I was one of those that wasn't sure why Klopp bought him but he's been converted to a deeper role than usual and he's done well. He's a big game player but if i had one criticism it would be that he sometimes goes missing against the lesser sides. 

Hes had a good start to life with us in general though and is starting to forge a nice combination with Henderson & Lallana in the middle of the park. 

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yes, I do now anyway. I was one of those that wasn't sure why Klopp bought him but he's been converted to a deeper role than usual and he's done well. He's a big game player but if i had one criticism it would be that he sometimes goes missing against the lesser sides. 

Hes had a good start to life with us in general though and is starting to forge a nice combination with Henderson & Lallana in the middle of the park. 

Wijnaldum was always a number 10 player but in England due to his high energy he plays a deeper role, but overall I rate him as a very good player as I have followed his career from the start.    

On 06/03/2017 at 6:45 PM, Cannabis said:
  1. Claudio Bravo (Manchester City)
  2. Lorius Karius (Liverpool)
  3. Petr Cech (Arsenal)

There you go, a podium of shite. Bravo has been without doubt the worst goalkeeper of the season thus far which is baffling when you consider how competent he was at Barcelona. We managed to stick four past him with only four shots on target when he came to Goodison which says it all, kudos to Pep for swallowing his pride and giving Willy a crack.

Karius has struggled to adapt to English football but is young and should be given time to improve, I'm sure we can all remember David de Gea when he first joined Manchester United and look how he's turned out. As for Cech, it pains me to put him on the list as he's been one of the best goalkeepers the Premier League era has even seen but he's made some costly mistakes this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him relegated to the bench in favour of a new signing next season.  

Who wouldn't give willy a crack? :ph34r:

In all seriousness Bravo has been very poor. Guardiola would have been better keeping Hart.

Zaza was awful. Around the time of his departure back to Juve there was talk of him being the worst player to grace to Premier League for years. Not as bad as Titus Bramble though because he was just...

EDIT: So Zaza is on loan at Valencia now. 7 games and 2 goals. I'm impressed.

23 minutes ago, WhoNose said:

Gonna chuck a striker in.. Calleri. Don't even know his first name, don't care. Worst footballer I've ever seen live

Agustin, you're welcome.

22 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's the one from Deportivo Maldonado isn't he? I saw him when you lot were playing on the TV and it was if he'd won a competition to come and play a game it was that bad. No doubt he will be sent packing in the summer just like Zaza was. 

He's fucking shit, poor West Ham got mugged off haha. He went to the Olympics as the starter striker since Icardi, Dybala, Vietto and Alario couldn't go and sucked ass, missed goals like no other the useless bastard.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Agustin, you're welcome.

He's fucking shit, poor West Ham got mugged off haha. He went to the Olympics as the starter striker since Icardi, Dybala, Vietto and Alario couldn't go and sucked ass, missed goals like no other the useless bastard.

Thought it was Jonathan?!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, you're right. Agustin was a tennis player, i fucked up but you shouldn't have known! xD

xD why not?! I remember watching him earlier on in the season and thought he was absolute doggo

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

xD why not?! I remember watching him earlier on in the season and thought he was absolute doggo

Just so it doesn't make me look bad. xD Reminds me when you were surprised i knew cows were sacred in India.

Archived