Head to Head
Liverpool - 91 wins
Draws - 74
Everton - 66 wins

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I know we'll lose so I just hope we're 3-0 down by half-time and everyone can leave it at that. My mental health can't be doing with being tricked for a second into thinking that we might get out of there with anything.

We aren't playing well and are conceding goals in every game since the start of September. Fortunately we have developed this brilliant habit of grinding out wins. 

I think that's what might happen here but it wouldn't surprise me if Everton managed some kind of result. 

Hate this fixture.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We aren't playing well and are conceding goals in every game since the start of September. Fortunately we have developed this brilliant habit of grinding out wins. 

I think that's what might happen here but it wouldn't surprise me if Everton managed some kind of result. 

Hate this fixture.

In the same way I got questioned for thinking Everton might get a result at the weekend, I'll do the same! Given your favourable record over the years at home to Everton, why would you think they'd get a result!?

It's a certified 3 points for you.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

Can only see a Liverpool win but I'm bad at predicting Premier League games it seems so... 

On a separate note, looking forward to seeing what quality of coverage Amazon Prime provide.

Same.

I wonder what the 'delay/lag' will be and if they can handle a big surge of people accessing it all at one time. Will miss all the Wednesday games but will see what it's like tomorrow & Thursday...

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

In the same way I got questioned for thinking Everton might get a result at the weekend, I'll do the same! Given your favourable record over the years at home to Everton, why would you think they'd get a result!?

To be fair, we've sweated a lot of draws out of them in the last 2-3 years and all of their wins have been last minute winners since Martinez left.

In Koeman's first season they got a last minute 1-0 against us at Goodison, can't remember the Anfield score. Think that might have been another battering actually.

In the Koeman/Allardyce season we got that sweaty draw from Rooney's penalty at Anfield, the Goodison derby was 0-0 because they rested players and they beat us 2-1 with a late Van Dijk debut goal in the cup.

Then there was last season, Origi last minute after we had shut them down for 90 minutes then a 0-0 at Goodison.

So yeah, we've actually made life more difficult for them in recent derbies for various reasons. Unfortunately, I can see us being stubborn enough on Wednesday to give me a glimmer of false hope before we eventually go down to defeat. Like I say, I'd rather just get it over with. Go 2-0 down early on and just leave it at that.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm struggling to recall the last Merseyside derby that i"d describe as a good game for the neutral

I can't remember the actual game (maybe that says a lot about it) but the way the game ended when Jagielka scored that stunner was incredible.

giphy.gif

There was a 3-3 either shortly before that or after that. Can't remember but since then you're right, they've been a bit dull and cagey to my memory.

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I agree with @Stan that game where Jagielka nailed it in the dying minutes is the best derby I can remember. I also remember there being a lot of talking about how Migs could have actually saved it too.

Really? It was a poor game, like the others. The best in recent times for a neutral by far is the 3-3 at Goodison

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Really? It was a poor game, like the others. The best in recent times for a neutral by far is the 3-3 at Goodison

Wait now i am confused isn't that the same as the 3-3?

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Stan said:

I can't remember the actual game (maybe that says a lot about it) but the way the game ended when Jagielka scored that stunner was incredible.

giphy.gif

There was a 3-3 either shortly before that or after that. Can't remember but since then you're right, they've been a bit dull and cagey to my memory.

Dreadful game, we robbed them there. The 3-3 was class though.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I know much more than you about this fixture Stan. Everton have managed to gets draws when on paper we should have won  

You dont mind do you? You seem to think being an admin makes your opinion more relevant than anyone else's?

Look, I think we should win but it wouldn't surprise me if Everton pull something off. That's my opinion and  I'm sorry if it doesn't fit in with your thoughts xD 

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know much more than you about this fixture Stan. Everton have managed to gets draws when on paper we should have won  

You dont mind do you? You seem to think being an admin makes your opinion more relevant than anyone else's?

Look, I think we should win but it wouldn't surprise me if Everton pull something off. That's my opinion and  I'm sorry if it doesn't fit in with your thoughts xD 

Ehhhh???

Hate this fixture. Close win or draw.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

what?

In no way at all is that what I think and you're wildly off the mark if that's what you think. You're allowed your opinion and I've never once stopped you from having it xD. I am allowed to question it just like literally anyone on this forum is allowed to question anyone else.

From my point of view I think it's a guaranteed Liverpool win and I don't think Everton will get a result. But I'll check with you - is that okay?!

Being an admin has no bearing on what I post about football ffs xD. What an absolute weird thing to say. This place is bizarre at times.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

We only won last year because Pickford has little arms 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Stan also thought being an admin would make his penis grow 3 inches but it's still only 2.

Rip.

• Subscriber

This just absolutely reeks of another heartbreaking loss for Everton doesn't it.

But maybe again it's so seemingly stacked one way that you might just get something a bit out of the ordinary happen.

• Subscriber

If you're Klopp do you want the early game with your first choice to glide you into easier substitutions? Or do you take the alternative approach and field a totally different squad and bring on players who you want fresh for the next match?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

If you're Klopp do you want the early game with your first choice to glide you into easier substitutions? Or do you take the alternative approach and field a totally different squad and bring on players who you want fresh for the next match?

Should be going in to it to win it from the start. 

Regardless of squad. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived