• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Aimed at me obviously xD I'm not moaning, I was just saying that we could do with tightening up at the back. I dont think that's a out of this planet comment? We haven't kept a clean sheet in about 12 games. That's not a positive mate. That's all I was saying. 

Otherwise, I'm delighted with how we keep grinding out results. Just want us to piss all over someone without conceding that's all xD

I know mate, but I couldn’t resist a laal dig haha. I’d love ya to give somebody a leathering too, be extra nice of it could be tonight. 

2 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Signed up to Amazon last night and got the free monthly trial,

Same. Best thing is you can then after 30 days just change email address and bank details and get another free trial. When u have used all those options then it's only £7.99 a month anyway xD

Its rate good!

On 02/12/2019 at 11:56, Stan said:

Same.

I wonder what the 'delay/lag' will be and if they can handle a big surge of people accessing it all at one time. Will miss all the Wednesday games but will see what it's like tomorrow & Thursday...

They've got the best network infrastructure in the world. They'll be fine xD

Everton are shite and we're incredible. But somehow I have a bad feeling about this one. Nothing logical about it, just feels like one of those days

I expected a fair bit of rotation over the next two games but thought more of it would have been saved for the weekend. I'm not shocked that Lallana or Milner start. Surprised that both Shaqiri and Origi start though. Could have maybe envisaged Origi in for one of the front three

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This front three beat Barca 4-0. One difference in midfield from that game (Lallana/Henderson). Just saying

They were forced changes! Salah, Firmino and Lallana were all injured for Barca. Shaq has hardly kicked a ball all season though. He might go on to have a great game, hopefully he does. I just think this is a massive gamble in a game like this.

Ox, Kieta, Firmino, Salah all fit and on the bench. Dont get it? 

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This front three beat Barca 4-0. One difference in midfield from that game (Lallana/Henderson). Just saying

Yeah fair enough, but did we really have to rotate so many players for this game? 

I think it’s too much change. Lallana has done nothing to justify being in the side. Ox is in good form and ends up on the bench. Shaqiri comes back from a long lay off and straight into the derby. Have to say, some bizarre choices. But hey, I will always have trust in Klopp so let’s hope it doesn’t bite us. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They were forced changes! Salah, Firmino and Lallana were all injured for Barca. Shaq has hardly kicked a ball all season though. He might go on to have a great game, hopefully he does. I just think this is a massive gamble in a game like this.

Ox, Kieta, Firmino, Salah all fit and on the bench. Dont get it? 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah fair enough, but did we really have to rotate so many players for this game? 

I’m not happy to be honest. I think it’s too much change. Lallana has done nothing to justify being in the side. Ox is in good form and ends up on the bench. Shaqiri comes back frozen a long lay off and straight into the derby. Have to say, some bizarre choices

Rotation was going to be needed at some point over the next week or so. When's best to do it, in a home game against a side 17th in the league or two potentially difficult away games? It's a gamble, I won't deny that but it was needed at some point

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Rotation was going to be needed at some point over the next week or so. When's best to do it, in a home game against a side 17th in the league or two potentially difficult away games? It's a gamble, I won't deny that but it was needed at some point

Could have rotated 1 or 2, then 1 or 2 in the next game.... not half the team in a Merseyside derby mate come on. 

It just comes across as a bit disrespectful to me, both towards Everton and the derby as a whole.

Hope we kick shit out of them obviously but I wasnt nervous at all before the teams were  announced. I certainly am now. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Could have rotated 1 or 2, then 1 or 2 in the next game.... not half the team in a Merseyside derby mate come on. 

It just comes across as a bit disrespectful to me, both towards Everton and the derby as a whole.

Hope we kick shit out of them obviously but I wasnt nervous at all before the teams were an announced. I certainly am now. 

Forgive me for having complete trust in a man who led us to a European Cup and a record points total last season.

It may seem disrespectful to some of us but take the emotion out of it and it's not the big thing some are making it.

It's a gamble absolutely but it would have been if he did it against Brighton last weekend or Bournemouth on Saturday

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Forgive me for having complete trust in a man who led us to a European Cup and a record points total last season.

It may seem disrespectful to some of us but take the emotion out of it and it's not the big thing some are making it.

It's a gamble absolutely but it would have been if he did it against Brighton last weekend or Bournemouth on Saturday

I dont need to forgive you mate, it's just your opinion and your entitled to it. You cant take the emotion out of it though mate, especially to the people who live or lived in Liverpool. It means everything to them.

I just think with Allison and Fabinho already out, resting a further 3 or 4 players is a pretty big gamble. That's more than half our first team not starting. No need in my opinion. Could have rested a couple tonight and a couple against Bournmouth.

Obviously I hope the gamble pays off.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hope we kick shit out of them obviously but I wasnt nervous at all before the teams were  announced. I certainly am now. 

Tbh, I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I don't see it as disrespectful to us or Everton - he's putting faith in our squad players. Regardless of wherever these teams are on the final, this is the Merseyside derby - it is obviously a big match for both clubs. Him picking them for this big match, I think is actually fairly decent man management. He's trusting these players to get a result against our local rivals.

Fact is, we've got a load of fixtures and we need to use the full squad.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived