The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its not all about you 

You said we wasnt relevant, whilst being ranked number 1 in Europe in 2007.

No I didn't. and it is about me because it is my opinion xD Christ almighty, that is the definition of interesting.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont need to forgive you mate, it's just your opinion and your entitled to it. You cant take the emotion out of it though mate, especially to the people who live or lived in Liverpool. It means everything to them.

I just think with Allison and Fabinho already out, resting a further 3 or 4 players is a pretty big gamble. That's more than half our first team not starting. No need in my opinion. Could have rested a couple tonight and a couple against Bournmouth.

Obviously I hope the gamble pays off.

Of course he can. That's his job. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How can a team so inept at defending be so far clear? 

We had the best defense in Europe last season, 2nd or 3rd best in the league this season.

It's obvious we have sacrificed some of that solidity from last season to get the best from our attackers and full backs.

We do need to stop conceding though I agree.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How can a team so inept at defending be so far clear? 

Been pretty poor tonight but despite the lack of clean sheets we've defended quite well in general this season. Not as good as last season doesn't mean inept

• Subscriber

We've actually been decent in two thirds of the pitch. Shame about our defensive setup. Playing a central back three with Mina and Keane's pace is always going to end in tears. Mane always had space out left until we went to a back four. All wrong from the start. Problems go back to failing to get a centre back with some pace in the summer. Zouma would have intercepted the assist on the first goal and at least made things hard for Origi on the 3rd.

Our formation now looks even more suicidal. Davies and Sigurdsson is the defensive side of our midfield. Looks like Silva just wants to see as many goals as possible in his last game. I get that the midfield injuries have partially forced this system upon us but if Schneiderlin was fit enough to come off the bench on Saturday surely he could have done 60 minutes or something here.

Keane with this level of confidence is one of the most painful players to watch in my memory. Shame as at his best he was top drawer last season. Mina needs to play alongside a faster partner and he's sound.

Two positives at least. I accidentally left my captains armband on Mane in FPL and in 45 minutes we can start speculating about who the next false hope of a manager is going to be.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We've actually been decent in two thirds of the pitch. Shame about our defensive setup. Playing a central back three with Mina and Keane's pace is always going to end in tears. Mane always had space out left until we went to a back four. All wrong from the start. Problems go back to failing to get a centre back with some pace in the summer. Zouma would have intercepted the assist on the first goal and at least made things hard for Origi on the 3rd.

Our formation now looks even more suicidal. Davies and Sigurdsson is the defensive side of our midfield. Looks like Silva just wants to see as many goals as possible in his last game. I get that the midfield injuries have partially forced this system upon us but if Schneiderlin was fit enough to come off the bench on Saturday surely he could have done 60 minutes or something here.

Keane with this level of confidence is one of the most painful players to watch in my memory. Shame as at his best he was top drawer last season. Mina needs to play alongside a faster partner and he's sound.

Two positives at least. I accidentally left my captains armband on Mane in FPL and in 45 minutes we can start speculating about who the next false hope of a manager is going to be.

Your analysis is spot on.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived