talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Should be going in to it to win it from the start. 

Regardless of squad. 

I'd say the same but he did try to gamble in the European fixture as well and that leads me to believe he has something already chalked out for how he was going to approach the games. Now, with Fabinho out and Alisson ruled out as well (not like Adrian is bad at all) he's got the issue of continuing without his choice Defensive midfielder and that also throws a spanner into how he would setup. I don't think he fields a proper XI for the Everton game not out of disrespect of any kind but to shield players who he will want to keep fresh and rotate in for the next game because the next week is Champions League as well and that is a massive away game which he will definitely be wanting to field a stronger outfit for.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

If you're Klopp do you want the early game with your first choice to glide you into easier substitutions? Or do you take the alternative approach and field a totally different squad and bring on players who you want fresh for the next match?

There needs to be rotation in midfield as there always is. Henderson rarely starts to in a row. Wijnaldum could do with a rest. I'd expect one of them to be rested. Otherwise I don't think I see any other changes apart from the forced Adrian in for Alisson

• Subscriber

I know I have been wondering what the outcome of this game is but I dont see us losing tonight. This is a derby of all things and the team is going to be amped to put on a performance. I did the like the look of Sidibe when Everton played Leicester over the weekend and thought he was one of their better players.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's nice not to feel nervous on derby day. I just feel nothing.

I thought you'll would feel better considering the performance that your team put in the last game? It's not really all doom and gloom ahead if you'll continue on that path. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I thought you'll would feel better considering the performance that your team put in the last game? It's not really all doom and gloom ahead if you'll continue on that path. 

We could play brilliantly tonight and we'll still lose. Last year's derby is Exhibit A of this phenomenon. If one of our players doesn't shoot us in the foot then the officials or sheer bad luck will do it instead.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Unfortunately I think the trust in Marco Silva is not there. Even if a positive result tonight occurs, I reckon the fans will be ready to pounce on negativity that arises on Saturday.

The owners could minimise the risk of this by making a statement on what they're seeing in training, how they believe results will follow etc. but they wont as there communication is unfortunately like 80%+ teams in the sense that it's under par.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Unfortunately I think the trust in Marco Silva is not there. Even if a positive result tonight occurs, I reckon the fans will be ready to pounce on negativity that arises on Saturday.

The owners could minimise the risk of this by making a statement on what they're seeing in training, how they believe results will follow etc. but they wont as there communication is unfortunately like 80%+ teams in the sense that it's under par.

If thats the case then I can't see why the manager would even want to try and get a win considering it seems like an uphill battle that can't be overturned. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

If thats the case then I can't see why the manager would even want to try and get a win considering it seems like an uphill battle that can't be overturned. 

Football fans are always hard to please to be fair. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Football fans are always hard to please to be fair. 

Well they might be but I suppose the only person who really knows what the team is doing and can do is the manager. This is the person who spends time with them training and knows the ins-and-outs of everyone he wants to select. Still, I see your point of fans being difficult.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's nice not to feel nervous on derby day. I just feel nothing.

Fucking hell, the people running Everton need to be hung for what they’ve done to Everton fans. 

It feels like every blueshite I know has massive football related depression. This is a far cry from what I’m actually used to from Everton fans.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

They aren't going to happy though 1 place from the relegation zone are they to be fair?

No but even if clubs do well fans always find something to moan about. 

Just now, Stan said:

I dont think they would be moaning if they were in the same position as Crystal Palace no. 

4th from bottom is pretty dire mate. They have every reason to be moaning, especially with the money that's been pumped into that squad. 

I'll literally cut my dogs throat if they get a result tonight.

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

True enough Stanley. I mean we are top of the league by 8 points, possibly 11 tonight, but we still have people complaining cause we are conceding goals. 👀

Really nervous about tonight and I think Everton are gonna put on a big performance. Their form doesn’t suggest that, but I have a funny feeling the fuckers are gonna turn it on for the big game. Hopefully we can widen the gap a bit more from Leicester and City. Don’t care if the winning goal bounces in off Lovren’s arse for a dire 1-0 win, just win lads! 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

True enough Stanley. I mean we are top of the league by 8 points, possibly 11 tonight, but we still have people complaining cause we are conceding goals. 👀

Really nervous about tonight and I think Everton are gonna put on a big performance. Their form doesn’t suggest that, but I have a funny feeling the fuckers are gonna turn it on for the big game. Hopefully we can widen the gap a bit more from Leicester and City. Don’t care if the winning goal bounces in off Lovren’s arse for a dire 1-0 win, just win lads! 

Aimed at me obviously xD I'm not moaning, I was just saying that we could do with tightening up at the back. I dont think that's a out of this planet comment? We haven't kept a clean sheet in about 12 games. That's not a positive mate. That's all I was saying. 

Otherwise, I'm delighted with how we keep grinding out results. Just want us to piss all over someone without conceding that's all xD

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I actually can't fathom how a team unbeaten in 31(?) league games can even begin to worry about facing a 17th placed side that hasn't won at their place this century. xD

Because matches between rivals are a completely different type of game.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually can't fathom how a team unbeaten in 31(?) league games can even begin to worry about facing a 17th placed side that hasn't won at their place this century. xD

Not worried, not at all really. Like @Rab says though, owt can happen in a derby. It's usually a grim, shit game that gets decided by a shit decision or a lucky goal. 

Watch us win 10 - 0 :rofl:

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Rab said:

Because matches between rivals are a completely different type of game.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

City regularly beat us when we were flying and they were shite, so anything’s possible.

It's Everton at Anfield. I was six years old last time we won there. The youngest kids I teach are double that age. Nothing is 'possible' when it comes to Everton, there is only the inevitable.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I tried to put that across yesterday but apparently as admin I must not speak xD 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-2 Everton - Wednesday 4th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived