talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 3-5th December, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Are City not interested in playing anymore?

I have no idea what I was thinking here. They looked so lazy and weren't even moving it along well and now they are three goals up.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

VAR didn't review it.

He gets the ball. Hes got eyes for the ball. It's a contact sport. What's he meant to do? It's not even a tackle, it's a clearance.

As incompetent as Taylor is as a human, theres no way hes not reversing that decision if hes allowed the opportunity to do so.

I can see your point and really I just think it’s a bit unlucky - both for Sakho & the Bournemouth player (can’t remember his name).

Personally I think he’s not been sent off because of his intent to go into a dangerous tackle (because as you say, it’s a clearance - not a tackle). I think he’s been sent off because it just looks so uncontrolled and reckless & it would have been a lot more dangerous looking had the Bournemouth player not jumped. And it already looked pretty dangerous.

I think there’s a decent argument that it’s not a red card and it’s just bad luck, but imo there’s a better argument to be made that it is a red card simply because it’s just very dangerous play. I’m usually pretty critical of VAR and the officials - I think this ones a tough decision, but it’s one I’m 99% sure I would have made in the shoes of the officials. Granted that’s with just my layman’s knowledge of red card offenses, as opposed to being well versed in the laws of the game.

This leaves you a bit light at CB though. But I thought Kouyate was immense there tonight. You were already light at the back with injuries though - so does this pose an issue going forward with the festive fixture buildup?

I hope not, I’m enjoying Palace this season

• Subscriber

This really is one of the hardest tables to truly read into. There's nothing between the vast majority of the league.

Brighton went 5th with a win about a fortnight ago, now sit 16th two losses later.

• Subscriber

While I wasn't that confident for Everton, I am for tonight. Best defence against worst attack, Watford have never taken points here in the Premier League, they're managerless and frankly rubbish. I'm pretty confident we'll win this one. 2-0 or 3-0.

• Administrator

Think we'll make a couple of changes to the side tonight. Not to take Watford lightly as even though they're bottom and shite, think some players need a bit of a rest. Sunday perhaps showed that anyway. Maybe Praet in for Tielemans and perhaps Albrighton or Gray (if he's recovered from illness) in for Perez. 

I don't want to go in to this game over confident or complacent though and I think Rodgers will have the players properly focused anyway. Would be good if we could get the game wrapped up relatively early to bring Vardy off. He was 'tired' according to Rodgers after Sunday. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why? We’re absolutely gash.

We're not much better.

It's still United at Old Trafford, not a ground we've had too much success on. Draw seems more likely 

Although I would normally give the prediction that John has given. This game is very tough to predict and ima keep the score to myself. One side has a plethora of talent in every position (that includes the best youth players in all of Europe) except for midfield (having the best midfielder can get us by but when he is injured. We are a fucking mess.) Playing at home were even Liverpool has looked average at best.

Spurs have quality players like the best striker in the league, Kane but they still have a few games under Mourinho to reach the level that we all expect  out of the team with the greatest coach of this generation. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived