talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 3-5th December, 2019

football forum

Just now, Panna King said:

I never said I didnt want i just think he gets put out on the wings so Lacca plays. We need proper wingers. 

Fair enough.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I remember when we used to sell our best players and "only" make it into the Champions League. What a beautiful time that was.

To be honest with these owners I don't think arsenal could do better than fourth. I'm starting to think that Wenger held this club together since David Dean went.

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest with these owners I don't think arsenal could do better than fourth. I'm starting to think that Wenger held this club together since David Dean went.

Its the other people are the problem, Raul needs sacking he needs to be held accountable and also for shambolic recruitment which has turned in to money thrown away.  Kroenke’s need to just sell the club they are clueless owners as the club has no direction even though Josh is more involved but has just been shown up.

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah, I think that's becoming more clear by the day. Granted, some of the players he left you with are 100% some of the worst I've ever seen in their position at Arsenal. It's a big big big job for anyone coming into the Arsenal manager job, to get them back where we'd all expect Arsenal to be.

Whoever the next manager in is... he's going to need to be afforded time to fix Arsenal up - but he also has to demonstrate good performances on the pitch even if results don't go his way, he can't just Unai Emery it. And that'll require patience from the fans. And tbh, I think it's going to be tough for Arsenal fans as well as the new manager - it is hard to be patient when you've seen yourself get progressively less and less competitive since your last title win.

Got to give Brighton full credit though. They looked the better side for most of that match - Arsenal just decent for 20-30 minutes of that. 

18 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its the other people are the problem, Raul needs sacking he needs to be held accountable and also for shambolic recruitment which has turned in to money thrown away.  Kroenke’s need to just sell the club they are clueless owners as the club has no direction even though Josh is more involved but has just been shown up.

Wenger worked under the same owner though. Under kronke he still kept us in the champions League apart from the last two years and won 3 fa cups.  It's fairly obvious now Wenger did a good job under the circumstances 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I think that's becoming more clear by the day. Granted, some of the players he left you with are 100% some of the worst I've ever seen in their position at Arsenal. It's a big big big job for anyone coming into the Arsenal manager job, to get them back where we'd all expect Arsenal to be.

Whoever the next manager in is... he's going to need to be afforded time to fix Arsenal up - but he also has to demonstrate good performances on the pitch even if results don't go his way, he can't just Unai Emery it. And that'll require patience from the fans. And tbh, I think it's going to be tough for Arsenal fans as well as the new manager - it is hard to be patient when you've seen yourself get progressively less and less competitive since your last title win.

Got to give Brighton full credit though. They looked the better side for most of that match - Arsenal just decent for 20-30 minutes of that. 

I don't think it will make a difference what manager we get. This has to happen though. Fans have to see what @6666 saw that the owners are the issue.

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wenger worked under the same owner though. Under kronke he still kept us in the champions League apart from the last two years and won 3 fa cups.  It's fairly obvious now Wenger did a good job under the circumstances 

Yes at a time Wenger was doing an outstanding job which we will never forget but also very noticeable that Wenger was in decline at the end, it was the right move to let him go so we hoped the club could move forward under a new modern structure. We also have to blame Wenger for some of the transfers bought in under him at the end of his time, which we are now stuck with.  Mustafi and Xhaka cost over 70 million between them I mean that is just shocking business.   

Now the league has become more competitive for clubs going for the top 4, Arsenal due to poor recruitment again have gone backwards massively. It clearly shows the players making the same mistakes game after game are uncoachable, the major thing you could blame Emery on was that he never rectified the issue and the club only made it worse by the signing of Luiz.  There have been some shambolic decisions at the club you can go far as back to when RVP left to Man utd and we handed them the title for 20 million or more recently with the likes of Sanchez, Ramsey leaving for free a transfer fee loss of over easily over 100 million, signing Ozil on a new contract at 350K a week. 

The appointment of Raul Sanllehi as head of football has been a disaster, what looked like to be a good window by Arsenal going out spending money and also paying certain agents for players which we never had done in the past has backfired and turned in to pitfull of money just thrown away. The likes of Pepe 76 million plus rumoured we have paid his agent a huge sum of money so he signed for us over Napoli. 14 million loan fee of Ceballos who I would send back in January again is a huge amount of money spent on a player we will never own as we have no buy on clause it is a shocking deal, then you have the signing of David Luiz when you already had an issue with the defence this signing just makes it even worse.  For me Sanllehi needs to be sacked straight away and has to be accountable for the mess so far on and off the pitch as his position is head of football, it just seems that he was only brought in as he knew how to deal with agents.   Whoever is making the decisions that hired people like Edu and Sanllehi also needs firing.

The effort and work rate was immense.

The footballing performance itself was shite. How we won 2-0 and Sheffield United didn't is anyone's guess really.

I've been saying this for a few weeks now but we have cracking fixtures. Winnable games all over the place. Southampton at home next, could go into the top 6 :ph34r:

As for Shelvey's goal it is entirely Sheffield United's keepers fault. It's an absolute stretch to say because the defenders gave up it is unfair. They were no where near in the first place. Probably pulled up because they couldn't be arsed. 

• The topic was unpinned
42 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just read abamayang came if the pitch to go to the toilet O.o

Yea he also kept coming to the side of the pitch taking medicine alot even at important times at corners and freekick.   He clearly was unwell and should not of played, he didnt do anything in the game so might of been better to play Martinelli and Pepe with Lacca upfront. 

15 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

'The game has changed. It is sucking the life out of me'

Sheffield United 0-2 Newcastle

0548918c-2447-4966-bc0a-5e41174fd6f8.jpg

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder: "A missed opportunity. I am okay with that performance, it was always going to be difficult against a team that never shifted. The first goal is really important and it is super difficult when you go behind against a team like Newcastle.

"I was told at the start of the season that the linesman would not put his flag up and let it go. He put his flag up and the referee was about to blow his whistle.

"Everyone in the ground stopped. Jonjo Shelvey even nonchalantly went up and took an opportunity. His body language said to me he had seen the linesman had put the flag up and he was going to be offside.

"The game has changed. This game now is completely different from what I experienced as a 16-year-old lad as an apprentice. This game in a heartbeat has changed. I don't know where it is going and it is sucking the life out of me and the supporters."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50091959

“It’s not like when I was 16”. No fucking shit Sherlock. It wasn’t the same in the 90’s or 00’s either but your team didn’t get the decision did they. I was always taught to play the whistle. Has that changed? Muppet.

Archived