• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 3-5th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Tough game today. Much tougher than expected. Watford sat quite defensive for a lot of the game. Only when we scored did they open up a bit. 

A refined and professional job from us though in the end. Found it difficult to get any clear cut chances. Vardy got booked for a dive but apparently was fouled? Only seen it live so not seen replays yet. The penalty we did actually get was stonewall with Evans getting elbowed in the face. Vardy now with 7 in 7 and 14 for the season already. Could have had another but for a goal line clearance. 

Rodgers changed it up 2nd half to counter their tactics and it paid off. Packed the midfield a but more and pushed Pereira forward who was the difference once again. Justin came on and looked so comfortable at left wing despite being a RB xD. Helped set up the 2nd goal for Maddison. 

Villa on Sunday is going to very tough. They've got more threats than a side like Watford but having said that, they won't be as defensive as Watford. 

3 more points though. With other results the gap to 5th is widening... 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

I’m not getting notifications of replies? 

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Are you turning on your notifications of replies underneath?

1802732916_download(1).png.2ef4bb968708d1aa749346c4d0e22719.png

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

There’s a bug for me. It won’t let me turn that on. 

Calling @Rab or whoever.  :coffee:

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

How is this not a penalty xD

VAR not doing themselves any favours with things like this, clear contact on Vardy there, makes a mockery of having it in the first place. 

I am so sick and tired of it now, it's ruining the game but honestly this is defo the last time I am going to mention it or bring it up... 

Speaking of on fire, Danny Ings is on it.

Been under the radar a bit but he's banging them in. Pleased for him given his injury history.

Massive back to back wins for Saints. I should imagine Ralph will live to survive another few games.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Dan said:

While I wasn't that confident for Everton, I am for tonight. Best defence against worst attack, Watford have never taken points here in the Premier League, they're managerless and frankly rubbish. I'm pretty confident we'll win this one. 2-0 or 3-0.

Fucking easy. I thought we were nowhere near at our best again tonight but as usual it's a 2-0 win v Watford - the third year running we've recorded that scoreline at home to them, all three needing a Vardy penalty to open the scoring.

Watford are awful. They're in real bother this year.

Onto the next. 7 wins on the bounce for us. Phenomenal.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Speaking of on fire, Danny Ings is on it.

Been under the radar a bit but he's banging them in. Pleased for him given his injury history.

Massive back to back wins for Saints. I should imagine Ralph will live to survive another few games.

Yeah I'm glad to see Ings in form, considering his injury history and how it utterly derailed his time with us - especially as whenever he was playing for us, he was one of those players that gave everything they could for the cause.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived