The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 3-5th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Asura said:

I mean, its really unfair because the sheffield players slowed down/stopped after looking at the flag being raised even though the main referee didnt blow the whistle. 

They should take away the option of calling offside by the linesman 

Not so sure that it's that unfair. There was similar discussion from Sunday's game where Iheanacho scored. Ultimately you play to the whistle. And that's always taught from like a seriously young age. 

I'm pretty sure all players are aware of the rules that a referee may raise their flag but ultimately play may still go on and be brought back/checked after the phase of play finishes?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not so sure that it's that unfair. There was similar discussion from Sunday's game where Iheanacho scored. Ultimately you play to the whistle. And that's always taught from like a seriously young age. 

I'm pretty sure all players are aware of the rules that a referee may raise their flag but ultimately play may still go on and be brought back/checked after the phase of play finishes?

Always thought raising the flag (by one ref) is equivalent to blowing the whistle (by the main ref) .. maybe I was wrong. 

• Subscriber

'The game has changed. It is sucking the life out of me'

Sheffield United 0-2 Newcastle

0548918c-2447-4966-bc0a-5e41174fd6f8.jpg

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder: "A missed opportunity. I am okay with that performance, it was always going to be difficult against a team that never shifted. The first goal is really important and it is super difficult when you go behind against a team like Newcastle.

"I was told at the start of the season that the linesman would not put his flag up and let it go. He put his flag up and the referee was about to blow his whistle.

"Everyone in the ground stopped. Jonjo Shelvey even nonchalantly went up and took an opportunity. His body language said to me he had seen the linesman had put the flag up and he was going to be offside.

"The game has changed. This game now is completely different from what I experienced as a 16-year-old lad as an apprentice. This game in a heartbeat has changed. I don't know where it is going and it is sucking the life out of me and the supporters."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50091959

1 minute ago, Stan said:

An Arsenal goal being ruled out for offside after the linesman didn't flag? Absolutely farcical mate!

I'm not watching the match mate. I was referring to everyone on here trying to decifer the actual rules since VAR was introduced. Nobody talks about the actual game anymore xD

The mental thing about this game is that it doesn't even remotely have the feel of a relegation-battling side coming away to a big club. 

Even when Arsenal improved with Pepe, balance-wise it still felt at most like a competitive mid-table match. Brighton have pretty comfortably had the edge you'd say overall. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Always thought raising the flag (by one ref) is equivalent to blowing the whistle (by the main ref) .. maybe I was wrong. 

Not necessarily. Always the referee's whistle which is final.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not watching the match mate. I was referring to everyone on here trying to decifer the actual rules since VAR was introduced. Nobody talks about the actual game anymore xD

I know you weren't on about that :P 

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

'The game has changed. It is sucking the life out of me'

Sheffield United 0-2 Newcastle

0548918c-2447-4966-bc0a-5e41174fd6f8.jpg

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder: "A missed opportunity. I am okay with that performance, it was always going to be difficult against a team that never shifted. The first goal is really important and it is super difficult when you go behind against a team like Newcastle.

"I was told at the start of the season that the linesman would not put his flag up and let it go. He put his flag up and the referee was about to blow his whistle.

"Everyone in the ground stopped. Jonjo Shelvey even nonchalantly went up and took an opportunity. His body language said to me he had seen the linesman had put the flag up and he was going to be offside.

"The game has changed. This game now is completely different from what I experienced as a 16-year-old lad as an apprentice. This game in a heartbeat has changed. I don't know where it is going and it is sucking the life out of me and the supporters."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50091959

He is bang on! 

Take it back to how things used to be before all this utter shite. 

7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Midfield is the problem at Arsenal its fucking awful and needs big changes.  Laca and Auba are killing the attack also no one knows where to play them.  Cleary a new manager needs to come ASAP and ship out 95% of this squad.

I can't believe you don't want abamayang he has literally carried us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived