Freiburg vs Wolfsburg
Bayer Leverkusen vs Schalke, 17.30

Sunday 8th December, 2019
Union Berlin vs Koln
Werder Bremen vs Paderborn, 17.00

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just checked the lineups for Frankfurt's game and it seems like Hutter has decided to pair the Portuguese duo Paciencia and Andre Silva upfront this evening. Kamada will no doubt play just behind them, with Sow and the expernienced Gelson Fernandes in central midfield. Kostic and Da Costa are ever present wide men. But Hasebe is brought back into the defence to partner Toure and our best defender Hinteregger. The in-form Ronnow is still deputising for the injured Trapp.

It looks an exciting lineup from my perspective and it will be another chance for Paciencia and Andre Silva to hit it off in attack. Paciencia has had a great season so far, but Andre Silva has blown hot and cold. Hopefully he has adapted more to the club now and can show us his true potential in this game.

Hertha Berlin's lineup looks strong as well in all fairness. Selke and Lukebakio are a pair of strikers who are a real handful on their day. Hertha's midfield also looks good, Duda, Darida, Grujic and Plattenhardt are all players whom I rate relatively highly. Their defence of Boyata, Rekik and Stark is decent, but I think they have a weakness in Kraft. He is not on Jarstein's leve in my opinionl. I think we should be able to punish their defence and get the better of Kraft in this game. I am optimistic that Frankfurt can win this evening and ruin Klinsmann's party. 

The biggest chance of the game so far goes to Frankfurt. Toure's powerful header from a corner in the 19th minute was excellently saved by Kraft and the rebound from Andre Silva just goes narrowly wide. Frankfurt are slowly getting into this game.

Another great chance from Frankfurt! Defender Hinteregger runs with the ball in midfield he plays a beautiful one two with Andre Silva and then the big Austrian blasts the ball at goal which forces another big save from Kraft.

Just as I write this, Hertha score on the counter attack through Lukebakio! Sods law, damn it!

Goal Frankfurt, it's the equaliser from Kamada! Kostic made a run down the left, then crossed the ball into the area, Paciencia made a beautiful dummy and Kamada finished superbly! Get in!

Edit: The goal has been chalked off :(((

Frankfurt have an equalising goal chalked off. Rode the sub did well by running and dribbling into the penalty area and his cross shot took a deflection which looped past Kraft (who got a hand to the ball) and into the net. But the goal wasn't given because Andre Silva was punished for stupidly slighlty pushing Kraft in the back. It was a stupid little push, because Kraft would probably still of conceded the goal.

Kostic has the biggest chance to equalise for Frankfurt. Kostic superbly twisted and turned in the Hertha penalty area, and his shot which was heading towards the corner was superbly saved by Kraft and the rebound shot by Toure hit the post. Joveljic now comes on for Andre Silva.

It ends 2-2, some more points lost in a home game. We lost 2-0 in our last home game to Wolfsburg and we draw here. Frankfurt created much more chances than Hertha, especially in the last 20 minutes. But we shot ourselves in the foot by going 2-0 down. We did well to pull 2 goals back, but really I think we should of won given the chances we created.

Kostic, Kamada, Hinteregger and Toure all had good games, but Rode was my man of the match. Rode made a big difference to the game when he came on in the 62md minute. He was dynamic in midfield and he even scored the equalising goal for Frankfurt.

• Subscriber

Still 0-0 in Gladbach v Bayern; a bizarre situation after Kimich's shot when Sommer saved it with his fingertips as the ball was almost completely over the line. Would have been a tough one without the goalline technology...

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Still 0-0 in Gladbach v Bayern; a bizarre situation after Kimich's shot when Sommer saved it with his fingertips as the ball was almost completely over the line. Would have been a tough one without the goalline technology...

Brilliant that Sommer reacted that quickly. Watching this on the laptop and Fortuna on TV. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Brilliant that Sommer reacted that quickly. Watching this on the laptop and Fortuna on TV. 

I'm watching Konferenz while working :3_grin:

yeah that was a great reaction by Sommer; maybe should have done better not to let it go through his legs initially though. He already pulled a few other great saves anyway though!

• Subscriber

Yesssss! Gladbach make it 2-1 in added time :D Fantastic. They claim back the top of the league while Bayern slip down to 6th. Great great great.

Also Freiburg scoring a late winner against Wolfsburg.

Sorry about Fortuna @Tommy :( 

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sorry about Fortuna @Tommy :( 

Thanks. I mean, I didn't expect anything so it's okay, but I still don't understand how we stopped playing football completely after the 0-2.

But great support today. All I could hear was the Fortuna Fans throughout the match. Even when we were 0-5 down. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived