talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marco Silva Sacked By Everton

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Very sad as I liked him and he had a lot of characteristics to be a successful manager, just too many flaws in his game management and tactics.

Oh well, time to try not to get hopeful for the next one. Easy to do that if it's Moyes.

• Administrator

I like Marco Silva. I thought he did a good at Hull and not so bad at Watford but it seems to be the same issues no matter where he manages, he just can't organise a defence. Luis Boa Morte isn't ever going to be helpful with that and looking at the backroom team, whoever was responsible for that wasn't up to the task. You look at that squad and wonder how they weren't doing better and then when David Moyes is bandied around you realise why, the club reeks of lacking ambition. You could argue Everton's best XI man for man is better than Man United who somehow despite being either abject or average do enough to sit just outside European football places. Something isn't right there, maybe its at board level but something needs to change beyond bringing in yesterday's golden child. 

I like how I posted this 47 minutes ago:

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How has Duncan Ferguson survived so many managerial changes? Is he actually a good football coach? I feel like not since Lukaku have Everton strikers really looked like... decent strikers... so he can't be great as a strikers coach, if that's what he's up to? Then again, I know fuck all about the coaching dynamics at Everton, so there's a good chance he's a good coach that has survived so many managers based on extreme competence. I just have no idea what he does really... but he has survived a lot of managerial changes and it does beg the question... why?

If it's sentimentality over his competence, Everton need to do the tough thing and tell a legend it's time to go. If he's genuinely good at his job, fair enough. If it's because nobody's got the bollocks to sack him then lol

and now Duncan Ferguson is caretaker.

• Subscriber

Can't say it wasn't coming but of course the question now is who do they go get? I really hope they show some ambition and get a good coach because its weird how they would sometimes totally show up for games and just needed to learn the art of managing games better to get a result.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I used to quite rate Silva but to be honest the defensive flaws are just too frequent. He is likely done in this league.

Definitely not, he's proven himself to be mid-table worthy and any of the likes if Newcastle, West Ham or Southampton could end up with him.

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

Definitely not, he's proven himself to be mid-table worthy and any of the likes if Newcastle, West Ham or Southampton could end up with him.

Hes proven nothing of the sort. He took Hull down, wasnt that great at Watford and has Everton in the relegation zone after spending more than everyone bar City  ffs xD

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Hes proven nothing of the sort. He took Hull down, wasnt that great at Watford and has Everton in the relegation zone ffs xD

I think we all know how well he done at Hull and what a task it was to turn that sinking ship around...he had Everton finish 8th last season and his Watford stint was going well until they rejected Everton's approach, then it went downhill. I'm not saying he's not going to take anyone down, you can't deny the negative parts of his CV but he will get a Premier League job again if he wants one...again with a side like Newcastle or West Ham...in fact if Pellegrini goes he's got West Ham written all over him xD

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think we all know how well he done at Hull and what a task it was to turn that sinking ship around...he had Everton finish 8th last season and his Watford stint was going well until they rejected Everton's approach, then it went downhill. I'm not saying he's not going to take anyone down, you can't deny the negative parts of his CV but he will get a Premier League job again if he wants one...again with a side like Newcastle or West Ham...in fact if Pellegrini goes he's got West Ham written all over him xD

Probably yeah xD

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently it's Vitor Pereira from Shanghai we're going for first. Seems very random and his track record is that of a serious journeyman. *Sigh*

So many managers of varying skill levels have been bandied about - Paul Joyce has said the club has spoken to: Poch, Ancelotti, Pereira, Marcelino, Moyes, Ten Haag. It's a pretty scattergun approach tbh. The best comment I've seen of it on the internet said the approach was "like a single man downloading Tinder after a breakup."

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently it's Vitor Pereira from Shanghai we're going for first. Seems very random and his track record is that of a serious journeyman. *Sigh*

I'm starting to feel sorry for you lot now xD The Summer you won the transfer market was great viewing as it was pretty clear from the offset few of those players would improve you that much (if at all)...but watching that, going from Martinez to Allardyce...poaching Silva just to find out he'll get you in a relegation battle too and now being linked with a geezer who got relegated from the German second division....fuck me that's not ending well

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So many managers of varying skill levels have been bandied about - Paul Joyce has said the club has spoken to: Poch, Ancelotti, Pereira, Marcelino, Moyes, Ten Haag. It's a pretty scattergun approach tbh. The best comment I've seen of it on the internet said the approach was "like a single man downloading Tinder after a breakup."

Pereira just smacks of us trying to be too clever with a left field appointment. Not really arsed who we get right now to be honest as long as it's not fucking Moyes or Hughes or Pardew.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pereira just smacks of us trying to be too clever with a left field appointment. Not really arsed who we get right now to be honest as long as it's not fucking Moyes or Hughes or Pardew.

The Pereira link is just baffling to me. The guy doesn't have a track record that says "yeah, he'll be a good manager in the league."

One name I haven't seen thrown out, but I think isn't the worst shout in the world is Graham Potter - even though I don't think Brighton play good stuff really. But here's the reasoning: 1.) has managed a club through a scrap before - right now Everton are in a scrap; 2.) the type of football that got him the job at Brighton was his work at Ostersunds and Swansea. His work at Ostersunds is really impressive, got them promoted 3 times and his final year with them ended with a decent Europa League campaign. At Swansea his brand of football was pretty well praised, there's a quote from Bielsa about how his Swansea were a very good side.

Seems like the kind of person you could appoint to help you with where you're at right now, but also someone that'll be looking to push Everton into being a more progressive and modern football side - while not being so fragile at the back.

And I imagine he'd see Everton as a massive step up from Brighton. It's a much bigger club in every way possible and he'd be getting more money and have more resources at his disposal.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Classic sign of a club with little to no direction. They get a whole variety of managers there and all of them bring different styles of play. Some are just totally unrealistic. Don't think they'd have ever got Poch or Ten Haag or even Ancelotti. I'd have sympathy for them if they end up with the likes of Moyes or Pardew. 

Going for Moyes sets them back a good 15 years! It's like us going for O'Neill. Wouldn't work as the club is in a totally different place and different stature. 

Archived