• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marco Silva Sacked By Everton

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC apparently you have been linked with Emery. What would be your thought on that?

Not keen. Apparently he said something about improving his English before taking another job in the Premier League but I don't know if that's true or whether it was someone following on the Good Ebening wind up joke thing.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Latest odds:

image.png.b20aca66b4cd41c663e5575a18ac82ee.png

Would be interesting to see Moyes back at Everton personally.

Moyes has been unofficially ruled out by club sources, I suppose it's not impossible we go back there but Moshiri is aware that the fans would be appalled by his reappointment. Ferguson has essentially ruled himself out, Kovac, Emery and Benitez too. Sounds like it will be Pereira. Gallardo is the most popular choice in the Everton Twitter region and there have been reports that he has refused to commit to a new contract at River Plate, but there also hasn't been a serious approach from us as far as I have heard. Ancelotti's odds will probably shorten if he leaves Napoli which could be imminent, but I doubt he'd want to be jumping back into management in a different country within a matter of days, even if he was interested in giving it a bash which isn't guaranteed and arguably isn't particularly likely. More likely to enjoy his payoff for a few weeks if he does get the boot. Not sold on Howe, think he ends up going the same way as Martinez, an exciting young manager making the step up and not being able to emulate their success at a bigger club where they're less of a dominant cog. I like Wilder but let's see how he does over a full season in the Premier League before putting our eggs in that basket.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I just don't get this Pereira link. It just seems a really nothingy appointment if it happens.

Smacks of us trying to be too clever by going for a less obvious appointment. We were seriously linked with him after Moyes which would have been a Kenwright appointment so maybe he reckons it's still a goer. Back then though, Pereira was a Porto manager held in higher regard. He seems to have been involved in a series of calamities including 1860 Munich since then so yeah, it's a weird one. I don't know enough about him to be really annoyed about it either though.

• Administrator

Ancelotti would be a huge coup if you could get him if/when he does leave Napoli. They're on a horrible run of form but not sure how soon they'll sack him if they do.

Can't see Wilder leaving Sheff Utd so soon after getting in to the Premier League, and the fact he's doing really well there so far.

Kovac leaving Bayern for Everton would be weird. 

I think going for Benitez would be a good move. His Liverpool time was so long ago. I wonder if he'll opt for the blue side of the city if he does get offered it - can presume majority of Everton fans will be right on his back because of the Liverpool links though so will be facing an uphill battle from the start...

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ancelotti would be a huge coup if you could get him if/when he does leave Napoli. They're on a horrible run of form but not sure how soon they'll sack him if they do.

Can't see Wilder leaving Sheff Utd so soon after getting in to the Premier League, and the fact he's doing really well there so far.

Kovac leaving Bayern for Everton would be weird. 

I think going for Benitez would be a good move. His Liverpool time was so long ago. I wonder if he'll opt for the blue side of the city if he does get offered it - can presume majority of Everton fans will be right on his back because of the Liverpool links though so will be facing an uphill battle from the start...

Kovac has been sacked though. You'd say Moyes going to Sociedad from Man Utd was weird but it happened because he stepped up, failed and stepped back down. Everton as a project are in a pretty similar place to what Frankfurt were before he had his success there. I imagine the finances are a bit different though.

We are very "dross"like as a club over the past few years but I still maintain there's a huge amount of potential to work with. A manager who fancies himself as getting the best out of young, exciting players who still need a decent amount more guidance and confidence has to be laughing if they come and get to work with Holgate, Davies, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Iwobi, Kean, potentially Jonjoe Kenny, who are all aged under 23, and then the likes of Digne, Mina, Gomes, Pickford, Bernard, who are all a bit older but you'd still say have their best years ahead of them. There are a lot of ingredients for a very exciting team there even if some of those mentioned will inevitably fail to reach their potential or be anything more than squad players in the long term.

• Administrator

Forgot Kovac was gone from Bayern xD.

There's potential but then there's also a hell of a lot of deadwood. It may take a few years to transition the club into something moderately successful compared to how you are now. Will the board/fans afford that time to anyone that comes in?

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Kovac has been sacked though. You'd say Moyes going to Sociedad from Man Utd was weird but it happened because he stepped up, failed and stepped back down. Everton as a project are in a pretty similar place to what Frankfurt were before he had his success there. I imagine the finances are a bit different though.

We are very "dross"like as a club over the past few years but I still maintain there's a huge amount of potential to work with. A manager who fancies himself as getting the best out of young, exciting players who still need a decent amount more guidance and confidence has to be laughing if they come and get to work with Holgate, Davies, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Iwobi, Kean, potentially Jonjoe Kenny, who are all aged under 23, and then the likes of Digne, Mina, Gomes, Pickford, Bernard, who are all a bit older but you'd still say have their best years ahead of them. There are a lot of ingredients for a very exciting team there even if some of those mentioned will inevitably fail to reach their potential or be anything more than squad players in the long term.

If I were you, I’d be wanting Kovac tbh. Still fairly ambitious, doesn’t have the odd stains of his managerial career of being relegated from the German second league, going to Qatar, then managing in China - like the current front runner weirdly does.

It doesn’t seem as unrealistic as Ancelotti (who, as @Cicero has said... has declined a bit as a manager) or some of the other choices.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like Emery might not actually be out of the frame. I saw too many similarities between Arsenal and Everton over the last 18 months to be enthused about that to be honest.

Some Sevilla fans on the internet think Emery's a much better fit for Everton than he is for Arsenal. But if Emery was in charge of signing defenders at Arsenal... I don't think that bodes well for any club that picks him up after his Arsenal experience. But really that should be Brands' job.

Tell you what, Emery's best work came working with a pretty high profile DoF at Sevilla. Personally, I thought his time at Arsenal was an utter disaster... but these Sevilla fans seem to think he'd be a big hit with you. Granted, they're literally just random people from the internet and they could be a bunch of window licking morons for all I know.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh yeah, and Pereira has ruled himself out now.

I think that's good news for you - he's not qualified tbh.

If I was Everton, I'd be inclined to go for either Arteta (if you wanted to take a left field punt on someone up and coming, for the future), or Benitez (experienced, ideal for the hear and now and very much a connection with the city and left the door open Monday judging by his comments)

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd be very surprised if Everton offered the job to Benitez. Their fans were in absolute uproar when he referred to them as 'a small club'.

There's a lot of them recently who would be open to the idea of Rafa. 

Archived