talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 3-1 Chelsea - Saturday 7th December, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

Apparently the club are conducting an investigation into homophobic chanting from our fans on Saturday. 

I don't know if it was something else but from what I gather, it sounds like the days of singing "Chelsea rent boys" being acceptable are over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off full credit to Everton for their win deserved, however we are cancer at Goodison regardless of the line up.

Obviously it was clear things would go downhill after the opening five minutes. We did create a few "half chances" which could be dangerous but apart from a few shots on goal we deserved very little. I don't get mad when we concede, but the second and third should have been so easily stopped. We gifted two goals out of situations where was zero danger. The CB partnership with Zouma and Christensen had to end with this game, they are so poor together. Zouma even was okay in some situations while Christensen is hands down our worst center back out of the current team. Why is Tomori benched/rested when it was clear Zouma and him where okay for most of the season? We can just hope with the return of Rudiger we can have some stability at the back, but also we proved that basically every team in the league no matter the form can easily score against us with our calamity defending. Lampard didn't find a way yet to stop us from conceding, also stop us from conceding from our own critical mistakes. I stood by Kepa even after last season and his antics against Sarri, but now he just think he can't be dropped no matter what happens. Think the key problem is that he has no competition, we bought him for big money our second keeper is closer to retirement than to challenging for the number one spot.

If we don't start defending well i can see us slip from the top four and go out in the UCL maybe even tomorrow night. Three defeats out of four games in the league, with two of those teams struggling at the moment no disrespect to them.

Archived