talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

The rules seem to make a clear exception for the Fred situation. His hand was right by his hip so I don't think you could say it was extended "laterally or vertically".

Whatever that means.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Whilst I love beating Citeh (for now at least), the thought of the this potentially assisting your title ambitions make me sick to my very stomach xD

I don't think you can think like that when the gap is already 11 points at this stage. It's a bit different if there's a point or two in it and it's April and you have nothing to play for yourselves, for example

13 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Whilst I love beating Citeh (for now at least), the thought of the this potentially assisting your title ambitions make me sick to my very stomach xD

I was going to mention that but didnt want to ruin the game for you xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

What happened? Stopped watching but seen loads of messages about 'disgraceful' City fans... 

Fans threw something at Fred from the stands and it hit him. There was a picture of a water bottles and some lighters.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Fans threw something at Fred from the stands and it hit him. There was a picture of a water bottles and some lighters.

Seem some rumours of racist monkey  gestures too. Despicable if so and I'd expect life bans from City. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Seem some rumours of racist monkey  gestures too. Despicable if so and I'd expect life bans from City. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there were gestures as well. I think they'll get lifetime bans as well. How people think they can get away with that kind of behaviour is beyond me.

There are some premium seats in front of the media area.

A Manchester United fan has just been removed after being 'outed' by some other supporters around him.

It is fair to say they did not react well to his presence.

I wonder what that was about then?? 

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

There are some premium seats in front of the media area.

A Manchester United fan has just been removed after being 'outed' by some other supporters around him.

It is fair to say they did not react well to his presence.

I wonder what that was about then?? 

When Fred’s struck by the lighter that hits him on the head, there’s video footage of a guy making monkey noises and shouting racial stuff at Fred & Lingard.

Good in the fans that reported him.

• The title was changed to Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived