talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to OGS, he looked physically ill just a week ago, really looked like stress was putting him under immense pressure. A week later and they had two huge results, United do need to ride it out with him and let him build a squad, needs at least till the end of the season and 2-3 players in Jan. 

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

City are missing Kompany.

Totally. It's like Barca after Puyol. All the great players in the world but missing that one that seemed to have the most significant role in setting the tone psychologically...

• The title was changed to Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019
59 minutes ago, Dan said:

Manchester United actually looking good at the minute. Where the hell's this come from? That's a brilliant win.

Rashford's looking consistently good as well.

Maybe playing against Jose last week reminded them of how things were a year ago and they regalvanised to perform how they did when Ole first took the reigns...? 

Or its just a cyclical thing that Ole's teams just peak in December January every year?

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Thought Man United were supposed to be shit? Two very good wins in a row to be fair.

The seventh stage of shitness is the one where you play good against the teams above you but terrible against the teams below you....

It was great to see Big Dunc have Everton win in his first game in charge as their caretaker manager. Beating a good side like Chelsea as well would of given him a lot of satisfaction. If he can get Everton to avoid defeat in their next league fixture against Man Utd, then I think the Everton board might start contemplating giving him the full time job as Everton manager. He certainly wouldn't be an unpopular choice amongst the Everton fans.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is that all comps though? I went on a stat site that now had us at 8 after yesterday.

Not sure mate, just quoting MOTD. 

Anyway, just seen the footage of Fred getting racially abused whilst having bottles and coins thrown at him. Absolute disgrace! People saying the culprits should get a lifetime ban from all football grounds. I'd argue that they should do actual time. Put the dickheads in prison.

The poor lad shouldn't have to put up with that bollocks and it makes me ashamed that shit like this is still happening in this country. 

• Subscriber

I remember when we beat City at their ground 2-3 when Van Persie scored near the end. They pelted Rio and didn't he get cut? A fan also ran on to attack him but Hart stopped him.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Harry said:

How good is Rashford though...? Looking like a world beater these last two games...

Hitting some really good form. Even when they've not played well he's got them goals. Ole getting the best out of him but it's the rest of the players that fail to deliver on his level sometimes. 

• The topic was unpinned

First half it was all United, killed them on the counters. In the second they sat back and did enough to earn a deserved win. City now so far behind 14+ is in my opinion unreachable. Liverpool if you don't win the title this season fold the club :ph34r:

Archived