• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

You have to genuinely ask if United really need Pogba anymore?

Well they don’t against the top sides, they can use this tactic against big sides to great effect. They do lack creativity when sides sit fee against them.

Citeh in shambles defensively

Fred and McTominay are doing well just keeping it simple and feeding it to the front 4 however they can, as quickly as they can. 

Theyre not dwelling on the ball trying to play a beautiful pass - they're just putting it down the wings or playing it into feet and letting the forwards get at City before they reset.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well they don’t against the top sides, they can use this tactic against big sides to great effect. They do lack creativity when sides sit fee against them.

Citeh in shambles defensively

You're right. If they come up against a better defensive team they'd struggle with the pass to wings strategy but they've done rather well in the last few games and you could argue that they really don't need him anymore and could let him go and get someone else.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It's weird how City coped so well without De Bruyne, but now that he's back they look so dependent on him. 

They don't seem to have many ideas besides De Bruyne hitting those first time crosses from the right channel. 

Get Mahrez on and stick him on that wing. 

It looks like a handball but really, how can you possibly fall like that without putting your hand down? I think if you tried to slide down onto your side, the instinct to put your hand down at the last second would be almost impossible to get over.

He looked like he was trying his best not to put his hand down. 

When you break it down, it's not a deliberate handball, certainly not an unnatural position, and if you asked him to its almost impossible for him to take his hand out of the way. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t know, he put his arm down to break his fall. It’s sort of unreasonable to expect him to not do that right before he hits the ground lol

He may have put his hand down but in doing so has blocked the ball from going into the box and potentially reaching another City player. Hence the reason why I think its a penalty. I get that he has to stop his fall but its also obstruction.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still mad? 

United have played well and exploited City's weaknesses perfectly. Using their pace on the counter attack. You still wouldn't back against City here though. Guardiola looking increasingly desperate.

I don't think that was a penalty either. @Inverted sums it up well

• The title was changed to Man City 1-2 Man Utd - Saturday 7th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived