The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-4 Leicester - Sunday 8th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What is Rodgers record against us since he left? 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Played 1 lost 1 xD

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's pretty impressive xD

I don't get what that has to do with Vardy's goals record xD

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This could have been a cracking contest if Villa had got the first goal. Leicester look a lot like they did when they won the title, they just know they can score on the break because of Vardy.

it's one way we can score if teams open up and play high against us. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it this way but it's not the only way we do score our goals!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

it's one way we can score if teams open up and play high against us. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it this way but it's not the only way we do score our goals!

No that's not how I meant it, but it's useful to have a method of having an almost guaranteed goalscoring opportunity when a team pushes up against you.

• Subscriber

We are extremely good at holding leads and I do think this is a big reason for it.

We're also an extraordnarily good 2nd half side. If you aren't beating us at half time you're usually in trouble.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

We are extremely good at holding leads and I do think this is a big reason for it.

We're also an extraordnarily good 2nd half side. If you aren't beating us at half time you're usually in trouble.

Another clean sheet for us in the 2nd half today xD

8th game in a row we've done that. 

• The topic was unpinned

Now that I’ve calmed down because I was a bit frustrated by our performance yesterday I can see what happened. 

Rodgers out manuvered Smith, we like to commit our fullbacks and he switched to a midfield diamond packed the midfield and went with 2 up top vs our 2 centre backs, hence it seemed like at times Leicester had just cut us open. 

Think a few of our selections were poor to and Wesley needs a striking coach to teach him positioning. But overall impressed with Leicester they’re a good side. 

• Subscriber

Yeah Rodgers made the point about that yesterday after the game and it's hard to argue with. The fact he's getting a tune out of Iheanacho is fantastic. I've not seen a transformation in a player like that since Vardy himself.

Archived