The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-3 Arsenal - Monday 9th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm not sure if it's his fault really. He has taken over a terrible mess

It's not his fault and he's in a tough situation... but usually when you appoint a club legend as caretaker there's at least a boost of optimism around the club. And I don't know what he's supposed to do about shite like Maitland-Niles just turning off for a second while West Ham score.

Fortunately for you, that equaliser has made West Ham collapse completely and now you're 3-1 up. But the warning signs of what might happen against a better side were pretty apparent before that equaliser.

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Pepe by far our best player, he is unreal no way he flops. Just too much to his game. 

You've got to be on the wind up? Hes nothing but an injury faking wet wipe that loses the ball 9 times out of 10 whilst showing the odd flash of quality here and there. Today was his first goal from open play.

He cost the same as Salah, Mane and Firmino combined. 

Honestly mate, I see nothing to convince me hes worth £20m, nevermind £80m.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

At this point Arsenal are in relegation form. It's time for Big Sam.

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

In hindsight at 1-0 West Ham this thread is a funny read 

Was Big Sam hired halfway through the 2nd half :ph34r:

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-3 Arsenal - Monday 9th December, 2019

West Ham just cannot get on with that stadium. It just doesn't seem to suit them. I don't know what it is exactly but it feels like they have sold their soul at the expense of trying to increase profit.

Used to be one of the hardest places to go Upton Park. Especially for a night game. The fans do not have an effect on the atmosphere whatsoever now. Seats are too far away from the pitch and I think the players find it hard to feed off the crowd.

Pellegrini is in the danger zone. Just a question of when they push the big red eject button now.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

West Ham just cannot get on with that stadium. It just doesn't seem to suit them. I don't know what it is exactly but it feels like they have sold their soul at the expense of trying to increase profit.

Used to be one of the hardest places to go Upton Park. Especially for a night game. The fans do not have an effect on the atmosphere whatsoever now. Seats are too far away from the pitch and I think the players find it hard to feed off the crowd.

Pellegrini is in the danger zone. Just a question of when they push the big red eject button now.

It passed me by over last few weeks how bad their form is.

Bottom of form table for last 8 games. 1 win.

I expect they'll go the way Everton did until recently. Lose a couple, hit the relegation zone, sack Pellegrini, get someone in temporarily. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
On 10/12/2019 at 13:07, Stan said:

I expect they'll go the way Everton did until recently. Lose a couple, hit the relegation zone, sack Pellegrini, get someone in temporarily. 

Don't quite understand this comment. Everton have literally done this once in our entire lifetimes.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't quite understand this comment. Everton have literally done this once in our entire lifetimes.

I didn't mean it to say as if you always done it. Just what you've done recently?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I didn't mean it to say as if you always done it. Just what you've done recently?

Ancelotti is coming in. That isn't a temporary appointment. The only one that's been a temporary appointment is Allardyce, unless you count the caretaker managers but every club does that.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ancelotti is coming in. That isn't a temporary appointment. The only one that's been a temporary appointment is Allardyce, unless you count the caretaker managers but every club does that.

Yes I meant Ferguson, not Ancelotti. Perhaps thought at the time he'd be staying longer.

Archived