talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 7-8th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice solid game for Liverpool today.

Honestly the last two wins have been the most satisfying of the season for me... Not because of the goal difference but because we've finally started using the depth in our squad and giving starts to some players who haven't got much of a look in and they've absolutely relished the opportunity. Origi, Shaq, Ox, Naby, Lallana, Gomez, Milner have all really impressed lately.

We are lucky to be able to watch this great side.

Can't flatter ourselves too much today though as Bournemouth were the worst team we've played. 

Don't know what to expect today. Our attacking play was absolute crap at Sheffield United and we won 2-0 :4_joy: 

Southampton have back to back wins. Maybe it will be quite an open game. We haven't actually truly bettered anyone at home this season. 

What we need is Almiron and Joelinton to get their shit together and we might actually have a top half finish. 

Another really poor performance and somehow won :4_joy: I have no idea how this is happening. Best not to ask questions!

Joelinton's time is up for now I think. What is it now, 15 or 16 games 1 goal. Carroll changed the game and should now be considered number 1 striker until Joelinton can turn things around.

• Administrator

Bruce has won 5 and drawn with City since getting spanked by us. Only lost a couple. 

10th in the league yet were certs for relegation. Doing a good job there to be honest. 

• Subscriber

I don't like Ashley but I am glad Bruce is doing well, not just because he is an ex-United man because the knives were out for him when he took over at Newcastle as Raffa was a hard act to follow, I have a Newcastle buddy who is loyal and passionate as fuck about Newcastle and it's nice to see a smile on his face nowadays.

• Subscriber
On 07/12/2019 at 16:52, Dr. Gonzo said:

Henderson almost scores with the last kick of the match.

Its nice when teams play like they’re fucking terrified of you, it was nice to not feel much anxiety after we scored.

There's been a real flip over here. My housemate who's a Red has complained for ages how teams just turn up knowing they're already defeated against City, but play like it's a cup final whenever they play Liverpool. I didn't fully agree with him, thought he had a bit of a point, but it really seems to have flipped around now. Teams are smelling blood when they face Man City and basically accepting defeat against Liverpool now instead.

• The topic was unpinned

This happens every year we play at Watford. It amazes me that they're still allowed to get away with it when they've admitted previously to doing this. There obsession with Zaha is weird. The sooner these blokes get relegated the better it is for English football. It's only to get worse with Pearson in charge too.

Absolute disgrace that Martin Atkinson was allowed to referee this game after what happened at The Emirates. He clearly has an agenda against Wilfried Zaha from the yellow card for diving that was later converted to a penalty after a VAR intervention. 

• Subscriber
On 08/12/2019 at 21:27, RandoEFC said:

There's been a real flip over here. My housemate who's a Red has complained for ages how teams just turn up knowing they're already defeated against City, but play like it's a cup final whenever they play Liverpool. I didn't fully agree with him, thought he had a bit of a point, but it really seems to have flipped around now. Teams are smelling blood when they face Man City and basically accepting defeat against Liverpool now instead.

Bournemouth must be about the worst offenders. Don't think I've ever been as sure of a result as Liverpool beating them.

I don't entirely buy this rolling over business anyway. Bournemouth are just generally hopeless against anyone decent. Surely you'd want to be the side who beats this Liverpool team.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Craig Pawson is to referee a heated fixture, he needs strong officials to support him, not somebody who appears to have agenda due to his sheer arrogance.

Most biased one for us is Chris Kavanagh. The frequently he favours the other side over us is astounding. He was on VAR on Sunday as well and happened to be just about the only person to see that Targett challenge that deemed it a yellow and not a red. An absolutely pathetic showing.

You do have to laugh at some of the organisation. I'm no Pawson fan either.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bournemouth must be about the worst offenders. Don't think I've ever been as sure of a result as Liverpool beating them.

I don't entirely buy this rolling over business anyway. Bournemouth are just generally hopeless against anyone decent. Surely you'd want to be the side who beats this Liverpool team.

Yeah Bournemouth and Watford are the ones that I subconsciously associate the most with their rolling over and getting battered in the past 2 or 3 years. Then again, to be fair to Bournemouth, they beat Spurs and Man Utd over the past few months, and they seem to have beaten Chelsea once or twice as well off the top of my head. Then again again, both Spurs and United were inconsistent at best when they came up against them, so you're probably right, they are capable of beating the top teams when they aren't playing like top teams, but when they get beaten they really get beaten badly.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Most biased one for us is Chris Kavanagh. The frequently he favours the other side over us is astounding. He was on VAR on Sunday as well and happened to be just about the only person to see that Targett challenge that deemed it a yellow and not a red. An absolutely pathetic showing.

You do have to laugh at some of the organisation. I'm no Pawson fan either.

and Michael Oliver :P 

Archived