talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Truth or Myth - Stereotypes about your country/city

football forum

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You need some lessons to understand them better mate... 

I was taking a dig at them xD infact i find Australians to be very brittle from the inside maybe that's why they pretend to be tough from the outside. Their Cricket players being an example, love to sledge but most of them can't handle it back. 

When there was that Australian shooter in Christchurch. When him being Australian was brought up in the discussion here, Spike and Toinho were being so touchy about it, things like these don't bother me at all cause I'm used to it :ph34r:xD so it was nice seeing them having that feel. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I was taking a dig at them xD infact i find Australians to be very brittle from the inside maybe that's why they pretend to be tough from the outside. Their Cricket players being an example, love to sledge but most of them can't handle it back. 

When there was that Australian shooter in Christchurch. When him being Australian was brought up in the discussion here, Spike and Toinho were being so touchy about it, things like these don't bother me at all cause I'm used to it :ph34r:xD so it was nice seeing them having that feel. 

Well it is a stereotype that is very believable and hard to disprove. I was touchy about it because (typically) some British users deferred to their condescending ‘colonial’ attitude. Less the accusation, more the haughty attitude surrounding it.

14 hours ago, Azeem said:

Not really, some are considerably more than others.

I feel pretty strongly that Australia is considerably less racist than many if not a majority of other countries.

Every living thing in Australia can kill you.... True in rural areas but overall false in the context of most people's Daily lives. I'm scared to type this for want of jynxing myself but I've never sighted in the wild any poisonous snake, Spider, jellyfish, octopus or crocodile.... 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah but that's a sandwich with sliced steak?... not the actual whole steak drowned in cheese for whatever reason. And it was not even raclette-like; just the horrid yellow gooey mass haha. I can't find the video anymore.

That's made me hungry, I love steak and ANY CHEESE!!  :P

There's a stereotype of people from Bristol preferring rugby. Although football is far more popular. There is also a cider drinker steriotype. Although I don't think it is anymore popular than lager or beer.

16 hours ago, Harry said:

I feel pretty strongly that Australia is considerably less racist than many if not a majority of other countries.

Every living thing in Australia can kill you.... True in rural areas but overall false in the context of most people's Daily lives. I'm scared to type this for want of jynxing myself but I've never sighted in the wild any poisonous snake, Spider, jellyfish, octopus or crocodile.... 

Not really. I only ever saw a few snakes and spiders in my time. By the way they aren't 'poisonous' they are venomous. I think jellyfish are the most common offender.

Archived