talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Documentaries

football forum

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Is this new ted Bundy documentary any good? Wanna know if it's worth watching since it's nearly 4 hours viewing. 

It's brilliant. Intriguing individual and one we could of learned a lot from in understanding psychopaths. 

They have a film coming out with Zac Efron playing Bundy. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's brilliant. Intriguing individual and one we could of learned a lot from in understanding psychopaths. 

They have a film coming out with Zac Efron playing Bundy. 

I'll give it a go then over the weekend. 

And I know they do, I told you about it on here you fucker 😂

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Rick said:

Is this new ted Bundy documentary any good? Wanna know if it's worth watching since it's nearly 4 hours viewing. 

As Cicero said, its very fascinating for a lot of reasons but the one I like the most is how clueless the entire law enforcement system was back then and how this guy was literally miles ahead of the cops. Had he never gotten pulled over who knows how many more women he would have murdered. 

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

As Cicero said, its very fascinating for a lot of reasons but the one I like the most is how clueless the entire law enforcement system was back then and how this guy was literally miles ahead of the cops. Had he never gotten pulled over who knows how many more women he would have murdered. 

All three times he was apprehended it was by being pulled over after driving poorly xD

Went to law school. Never driving school 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

All three times he was apprehended it was by being pulled over after driving poorly xD

Went to law school. Never driving school 

The other nice thing is how he managed to just 'jump' out of a window during a trial. Fascinating times those were. I'd imagine if you had half a brain and an escape plan or a contingency you could actually disappear. He made the mistake of going more north when really he should have gone more south.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Has anyone used Curiosity Stream? https://curiositystream.com/ 

It's basically a streaming service that's dedicated to documentaries only. Over 2000 on various topics including some original production... At a monthly rate of 2.99$ it sounds great. I just watched a few free episodes and it reminds me of the old Discovery Channel style documentaries before it turned into garbage it is today. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Subscriber

This thread needs to be revived...

Watched Yasuni Man last night.

Very interesting docu on Waorani people and other tribes (including the "uncontacted" ones) living in the Ecuadorian Amazon, their conflict with the oil industry and their own governments, and the impact it has on nature in the Yasuni national park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Every heard of the Gladbeck hostage crisis? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladbeck_hostage_crisis

There's a pretty good documentary about it on Netflix, that only uses original footage. "Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis" 

It's astounding how the media interfered with the police work back then. They interviewed one of the kidnappers while he was in the car holding a gun to the hostages head. 

One journalist literally jumped into their car to show them the way to the Autobahn. Unsurprisingly, that journalist later became the CEO of the German tabloid BILD. 

• Subscriber

Now that I know this thread exists I post this here!

watched a couple of doc's by Bryan Fogel.

Icarus - 10/10 I had heard about this for years and vaguely knew the story by oh my I was not prepared for this. It starts off interesting enough; Bryan is an avid cyclist and huge Lance Armstrong fan and takes part in an amateur tour de france light kind of competition once a year. He finished 18th the year prior to filming and basically said the top 10 where in their own category like could go pro kind of thing easily a tier above. So he has the idea to hook up with firstly one of the head honchos in anti-doping in the states to start a doping regiment and track his progress and training and try to compete in this competition again all doped up. Basically the anti-doping guy wants to help him but ultimately decides not too and risk his reputation so instead he hooks Bryan up with the head of the Russian anti-droping labs Grigory Rodchenkov and not only does he help him back and forth to dope and beat the testing for this competition but shit starts to implode in Russia as Grigory is in charge of the Russian atheletes and more or less discloses they've been doping their athletes since the 80's and hes been the mastermind behind all of it. The film abruptly switches focus as Bryan essentially helps Grigory escape Russia as shit is hitting the fan and safely brings him to the states and breaks the entire story wide open. Leading to investigations by the IOC etc etc.  

Id heard this labeled as the biggest doping story in sport history and I was not let down. Absolutely enthralling stuff. Its available on Netflix if you havent had the chance to check it out I emplore you to. 

The Dissident - 9/10 Because of Icarus I had checked out a few podcast's Bryan Fogel was on in recent years and learned about one his last projects which lead me here. Its about the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Saudi Arabia's Consulate in Istanbul. The story itself is a bit of a slow start building up the entire story and history of Khashoggi and Saudi's monarchy system and what was going on. Its gripping stuff, even knowing some of the backstory from the podcast's its just insane to see it all laid out. Basically power, money and corruption at its finest. Again I highly recommend checking this out the one problem is its much harder to watch this one as no streaming network picked it up.

A bit of a back story given on I think it was meathead Rogan's podcast; After all the acclaim Icarus received (sundance festival awards, critical acclaim, academy award etc) The Dissident was his next big thing and it was released again at the Sundance film festival.. big names attended massive hype going in and it got great reviews. BUT going in he said he had 0 requests for pre screening and going out of Sundance 0 offers to put in on streaming platforms. The feedback he got from his sales manager was basically noone wanted to touch it, too dangerous etc. So the only place you can watch it (legally I should add) is renting it for 20$ on amazon video. Its crazy to think but power and money and all that reaches pretty far. 

• Subscriber

Just watched "The Figo Affair".    Good watch and a reminder of the impact this man had on people back at the time. 

Florentino Perez and power. Figo's agent sent to Figo at Euro 2000 offering him 4x what he was on at Barcelona.

• 1 month later...

Archived