Brentford vs Cardiff
Derby vs Sheff Weds
Swansea vs Blackburn
Wigan vs West Brom

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Might be off to Leeds v Hull. Hoping for a good game if I do. 

All our home games have been a sell out or pretty close so I should imagine the atmosphere will be decent for a night game tomorrow, also helps it's a derby of somekind. Not a high profile derby but a little edge to it I guess.

We'll be missing Cooper again but Phillips will be back.

Seeing as we have two consecutive home games this week, we need to be clinical here. Slipped up against them last year and whilst they still have Jarrod Bowen, he offers them a threat.

Hoping we can attack early, score first and force Hull to come out so we can exploit more space. Otherwise, they will probably look to be solid, frustrate and then try to hit us the longer they stay in the game.

That is correct, we can trigger it anytime before March. We are trying to get him to sign a new deal so we can flog him for more but that ship has sailed we will extend it and then sell him in the summer. Although with our ownership should a reasonable bid come in in Jan he may well go then.

I'd hope he'd go straight to the Premiership rather than a promotion chasing championship club as he's definitely good enough. 

Off to Griffin Park tomorrow night, first time back in what must be nearly 3 years now...crazy. Tickets in the Ealing Road end, the terrace will be sorely missed. Need to make sure I get tickets in each of the other two stands New Road and Braemar Road, Braemar Road was where I first began supporting Brentford and prior to that I've a lot of fond memories as a young teenager giving dogs abuse to the likes of Dean Windass. Young kids calling complete strangers who could flatten you within seconds all sorts is what football's about. New Road I've witnessed us get thrashed by Millwall before our relegation to League 2 and also saw us lose to Boro in the play-off semi final so hopefully I can actually see us win for once there.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Off to Griffin Park tomorrow night, first time back in what must be nearly 3 years now...crazy. Tickets in the Ealing Road end, the terrace will be sorely missed. Need to make sure I get tickets in each of the other two stands New Road and Braemar Road, Braemar Road was where I first began supporting Brentford and prior to that I've a lot of fond memories as a young teenager giving dogs abuse to the likes of Dean Windass. Young kids calling complete strangers who could flatten you within seconds all sorts is what football's about. New Road I've witnessed us get thrashed by Millwall before our relegation to League 2 and also saw us lose to Boro in the play-off semi final so hopefully I can actually see us win for once there.

Hopefully it's a shit night for you. :ph34r:

Hull have absolutely chucked that game away tonight. Should have took their chances. Not going to lie, we were rubbish.

I'm not going to be too sorry because we have been mugged ourselves this year but we got lucky tonight. Guess that happens when you are near the top.

Ok, first half wasn't so bad. We'd get in behind the defence, pull it back straight to a Hull player. Created two openings but poor finishing.

Second half, we went to pot and looked a bit desperate. Misplaced passes all over the shop. Poor touches and control on the ball.

We struggled to create anything, and Hull sensed the game was there for the taking. They blew some big chances if truth is told but credit must go also to Kiko Casilla for pulling off two big saves at critical moments.

The OG was cruel for Hull. 2nd was a blistering counter attack that they were punished for.

Hats off to Stuart 'Can't trap a ball' Dallas. Kept Jarrod Bowen quiet all game. Top marks.

7th straight win, clean sheet again and now 11pts clear of third. It feels like the stars are finally aligning but we'll see.

Think that's Leeds up this year. As Lucas says, we did alright but failed to take our chances. Elland Road never going to be easy but I think we are going to be mid-table rather than a surprise play off team. I do like the way mccan has us playing though, a fluidity I've never seen us have going forward at times. 

Deserved win tonight, first 30 minutes we absolutely dominated. Honestly the things Said Benrahma and Mbeumo done to the Cardiff defence should be illegal. Pure filth, the assist for the first goal from Benrahma was top of the pops. Next 15 Cardiff pushed us but they really didn’t have much about them going forward, a lot of lumping it into the box but Jansson and Pinnock had them covered all night.

Second half we came out quickly and got a deserved second, we went through a period where we just kept giving the ball away and Cardiff kept going at us and going at us but again they only really lump it in the box which by and large was dealt with. Their goal was an absolute screamer though. In previous years we’d probably have fucked that up and let them equalise but we’re picking points up early now where we’ve struggled to before.

10 points off of the automatics which isn’t bad for a January push but still probably unlikely. 2 points off Fulham in third and it’s just December, the season is looking good. With that said I think if you go down to 14th place they’re only 9 points off Fulham. Far too early to tell anything 

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I would still consider Brentford a threat.

Remember, we were about 10 or 12 points clear of Sheff Utd at one stage last season and they eventually pipped us.

Yeah this is also the hardest part of the season imo, if you can stay close until Christmas it’s all about gaining momentum afterwards

Were also due to have 3 strikers join us in Jan, Marcus Forss back from his loan at Wimbledon where he’s scored 8 goals...Emiliano Marcondes who has so much ability but we’re yet to see it and new signing Halil Dervisoglu.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived