football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 11/12/2019 at 10:46, Harry said:

Me neither. Maybe we can create a thread and do a mini book club thing

I started at the weekend. Watching them in chronological order as apparently that's the best way to do it.

Edit: Created the thread now - made it a generic one

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

How are we all doing considering COVID-19?

I had a goal around the number of steps I do a day which has dramatically gone out of the window since lockdown!

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

How are we all doing considering COVID-19?

I had a goal around the number of steps I do a day which has dramatically gone out of the window since lockdown!

On 10/12/2019 at 15:59, Stan said:

Hopefully be arranging a wedding for 2021...

So this is still happening! Obviously got engaged in Feb but planning a wedding in lockdown has been mightily difficult. Think we've done well though in contacting suppliers and getting provisional dates booked in. Not physically being able to see the venue has made it worse.  

On 11/12/2019 at 22:31, nudge said:

Don't have many specific goals as there's currently quite a bit of uncertainty in my life so I'm not even bothering with making any plans xD 

The only specific thing I would like to make progress on is learning Mandarin. 

Other than that I think I'll just take each day as it comes; one at a time haha.

No excuse not to given the lockdown. I expect you to be fluent in it now:ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

No excuse not to given the lockdown. I expect you to be fluent in it now:ph34r:

I actually enrolled in a course, sadly it has to be distance learning though. I'm sure I'll be fluent once this lockdown ends in 5 years time! 

On 11/12/2019 at 06:26, Lucas said:

To try and stealthily make it through another year avoiding the talk of marriage or babies.

I hope you’ve got a small family, the less conversations to have the easier it is. 

Unfortunately for me I come from a large Irish family so every gathering is a million “when’s the wedding?”

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

I hope you’ve got a small family, the less conversations to have the easier it is. 

Unfortunately for me I come from a large Irish family so every gathering is a million “when’s the wedding?”

When is it? And can I be invited? I feel like me and your missus really connected. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

I actually enrolled in a course, sadly it has to be distance learning though. I'm sure I'll be fluent once this lockdown ends in 5 years time! 

Nice. 

5 years! Lower your expectations!

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Large Indian family as well so I can totally empathise!

Before I met my fiance, pretty much throughout my 20s every family event (of which there were fucking loads!) was 'Have you found anyone yet? When are you getting married? When can we go to a wedding?' 

• Subscriber

In all seriousness though, this time in a lockdown has been weirdly productive for me. Finished two programming courses, enrolled in the aforementioned language course, got back into photography, started a new workout routine and am now in the best shape I've been in the last 5 years. 

Would be great if everything else wasn't shite 😂

38 minutes ago, Toinho said:

When is it? And can I be invited? I feel like me and your missus really connected. 

And just in case the first two questions are serious we’re not actually engaged :hh:

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

And just in case the first two questions are serious we’re not actually engaged :hh:

Haha I know she needs to hurry up and propose or DM for ways to earn a visa.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Haha I know she needs to hurry up and propose or DM for ways to earn a visa.

Usually people just let others slide in to the DMs. Very rare someone asks another to do so.

:D 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Any excuse for a piss up.

Archived