talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Draw takes place on Monday 16th December at 11.00am (GMT)

Seeded Teams:
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Man City
PSG
Liverpool
Valencia
RB Leipzig

Unseeded Teams:
Real Madrid
Napoli
Tottenham
Borussia Dortmund
Lyon
Chelsea
Atalanta
Atletico Madrid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

My guess:

Tottenham vs Barcelona

Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool

Lyon vs Bayern Munich 

Atalanta vs PSG 

Chelsea vs Juventus 

Borussia Dortmund vs Man City

Napoli vs Valencia 

Real Madrid vs RBL

• Administrator

Borussia Dortmund vs PSG
Real Madrid vs Man City
Atalanta vs Valencia
Chelsea vs Bayern Munich
Lyon vs Juventus
Tottenham vs RB Leipzig
Napoli vs Barcelona

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Borussia Dortmund vs PSG
Real Madrid vs Man City
Atalanta vs Valencia
Chelsea vs Bayern Munich
Lyon vs Juventus
Tottenham vs RB Leipzig
Napoli vs Barcelona

Some real big ties there. Dortmund vs PSG, Real Madrid vs Man City, Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool, Chelsea vs Bayern Munich, Tottenham vs RB Leipzig and Napoli vs Barcelona are all very tough contests.

However, Juventus got a relatively easy draw getting Lyon. No disrespect to Lyon, but they are really struggling in the French league and they don't look as good as they were in the last few seasons.

Atalanta v Valencia is the weakest tie in my opinion.

But in general, there are plenty of mouth-watering encounters to watch in the Round of 16.

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Michael said:

Some real big ties there. Dortmund vs PSG, Real Madrid vs Man City, Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool, Chelsea vs Bayern Munich, Tottenham vs RB Leipzig and Napoli vs Barcelona are all very tough contests.

However, Juventus got a relatively easy draw getting Lyon. No disrespect to Lyon, but they are really struggling in the French league and they don't look as good as they were in the last few seasons.

Atalanta v Valencia is the weakest tie in my opinion.

But in general, there are plenty of mouth-watering encounters to watch in the Round of 16.

Juve will piss pass Lyon. They've just lost Depay and Reine-Adelaide and they were already under-performing with them anyway.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not too bad. Is it fair to say they're not what they were a few years ago? Could be a frustrating couple of games but think we can see them off

I'd say that's fair.

They've lost players like Godin and Griezmann. Two key players who typified Atletico at the time. They've moved on now and while Atletico are still defensively sound, they seem to lack strength going forward. Morata is still hit and miss. Diego Costa is Diego Costa xD  

Oblak I still count as one of the best keepers in the world albeit aided by a decent defence. Their midfield is alright - Saul and Koke. Joao Felix is quality though - he'll definitely be one to watch.

They're still strong, just not as a strong as they used to be. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Not too bad. Is it fair to say they're not what they were a few years ago? Could be a frustrating couple of games but think we can see them off

Yeah, why I thought. Three years ago I would have been very wary of them but I think we should beat them over the two legs. The away game may be frustrating though. 

Nice to see those cunts City drawing Madrid. Chelsea have got arguably the worst possible tie, I think Bayern could make them look daft if they don’t sort out that defence in the next 2 months. 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

They are going through a transition period after getting rid of all their older players such as Filipe and Godin last summer and bringing in new blood.

They have strengthened well, have probably the best keeper in the world over the last 3 years, a solid defence and a strong midfield, but they are seriously lacking goals at the moment. Costa is finished, Morata is wank and Joao Felix hasn't been living up the hype so far, although he is still a teenager in fairness to him and it's going to take time for him to adapt. Atletico are still very capable of keeping clean sheets, but don't seem to be able to grab the goals needed to finish teams off at the moment, but if they can fix this then Liverpool could have a battle on their hands and Atletico could in fact be that team who can stop Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Well I'd rather get knocked out by Bayern than Atalanta

To be fair, they are 6 points behind the leader(Leipzig) in the Bundesliga. They even got hammered off Frankfurt 5-1 the other week, so I believe Chelsea definitely have a chance, although I'd still fancy Bayern progressing in the end, mainly down to the fact that you're a young team and are going through a transition period. Similar to Atletico Madrid in this regard. Both of these sides(Chelsea and Atletico) will be class in the next few years and are just going through a rebuild process.

In saying that, Bayern's performances have been much better in this competition so far this season than they have in the Bundesliga.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived