talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian Bushfires

football forum

I would just like to take a moment to thank the NSW government for cutting down on funding for Volunteer Firefighting, slashing funding for the council jurisdictions that regulate fire-prevention, combing several of these jurisdictions into unmanageable sizes (most of them larger than Tasmania), removing regulations on logging and land clearing, and of course allowing corrupted government officials to stick their poisoned thumbs into regulated water-sources that are vital to the surival of many towns and people.

Fuck off.

Image result for gladys berejiklian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Have been quietly following this. My mum and dad are in Sydney over New Year so have been wondering if their plans will be affected.

I heard that sometimes the cause of these bushfires is arson because some cunts are jealous over ex-partners leaving them or some stupid arse reasons like that. 

Terrible to see some of the pictures going around and how much various cities and towns gets affected by these. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have been quietly following this. My mum and dad are in Sydney over New Year so have been wondering if their plans will be affected.

I heard that sometimes the cause of these bushfires is arson because some cunts are jealous over ex-partners leaving them or some stupid arse reasons like that. 

Terrible to see some of the pictures going around and how much various cities and towns gets affected by these. 

Well, maybe but sometimes it's a kid playing with matches but the nascent cause to the fires is irrelevant as we have a country with ecosystems prone to fire, in a very warm climate, on an planet with severe climate change. Whomever created the first spark is not the issue; the response, the prevention, why the government has allowed everything to get to this point, are the issues. We should always be in a state of expecting bushfires as that is the natural state of our lands, why these fires are so bad is concerning, not some jilted ex-lover.

I've seen fires like this with my eyes, you could feel the warmth of the blaze kilometres away the night sky is dyed red when it isn't covered with black smoke.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well, maybe but sometimes it's a kid playing with matches but the nascent cause to the fires is irrelevant as we have a country with ecosystems prone to fire, in a very warm climate, on an planet with severe climate change. Whomever created the first spark is not the issue; the response, the prevention, why the government has allowed everything to get to this point, are the issues. We should always be in a state of expecting bushfires as that is the natural state of our lands, why these fires are so bad is concerning, not some jilted ex-lover.

I've seen fires like this with my eyes, you could feel the warmth of the blaze kilometres away the night sky is dyed red when it isn't covered with black smoke.

True. I wasn't downplaying the response/prevention etc. Just that sometimes some people need to wise up a bit more and think about consequences of their actions.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I would just like to take a moment to thank the NSW government for cutting down on funding for Volunteer Firefighting, slashing funding for the council jurisdictions that regulate fire-prevention, combing several of these jurisdictions into unmanageable sizes (most of them larger than Tasmania), removing regulations on logging and land clearing, and of course allowing corrupted government officials to stick their poisoned thumbs into regulated water-sources that are vital to the surival of many towns and people.

Fuck off.

Image result for gladys berejiklian

Disgraceful (the NSW government - not you).

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Disgraceful (the NSW government - not you).

The Liberal Party is a disgrace. Thinly veiled old boys club run by and for investment bankers, and real estate magnates. Thank you negative gearing for allowing investors to sit on huge swathes of property artificially raising housing costs.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Liberal Party is a disgrace. Thinly veiled old boys club run by and for investment bankers, and real estate magnates. Thank you negative gearing for allowing investors to sit on huge swathes of property artificially raising housing costs.

It's pretty interesting how the same sorts of people are causing the same sorts of problems all over the western world.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's pretty interesting how the same sorts of people are causing the same sorts of problems all over the western world.

Not really, it is just because Murdoch runs just about all news in the Anglophone world

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Not really, it is just because Murdoch runs just about all news in the Anglophone world

It's pretty interesting that one Australian arsehole has fucked up the world so badly.

I nominate you to take over, and be OUR Australian arsehole and fix up his bullshit please.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's pretty interesting that one Australian arsehole has fucked up the world so badly.

I nominate you to take over, and be OUR Australian arsehole and fix up his bullshit please.

*American, he thoughtfully gave up citizenship to join the others in their evil cabal.

• Subscriber

I still have family out there in Melbourne, Victoria since 1959 but getting in contact with them over the phone and PM's on Facebook, they are all ok thank god, I grew up out there and have seen the bad times with bushfires in the late 60s.

I think I mentioned this in here before but when we first emigrated to Aussie land when I was a wee nipper we landed there in 59 and lived in Dandenong and that was all bush then and later we bought a house around Ballarat in a place called Daylesford, we were lucky we moved to the City around 1962/63 (Melbourne) as the bush fires raged around the areas we lived in mentioned in the late 60s, thank god I am still here.  

• 3 weeks later...

Over 500 millions animals killed. Bushes the size of Belgium gone. All good though our PM donates money to his church and forces people to shake his hand before turning his back on them and our country .

i am fucking sick of social media and the cunts defending the liberal party and SCUMO by saying “it’s a state issue not federal” and “the greens are to blame”, both are outrageous deflections and our leader is not leading. He reportedly met a chief of a fire department whom hadn’t eaten all day and responded with “I’ll let you get back to it” or words to that degree. 

I love my country but we are backwards, we love coal, so pro big business, liberals want religious freedom which basically promotes discrimination, and much much more. I’m saddened by our current state. We really are a shadow of our glorious neighbours (NZ), and @Berserker they are not usually that bad, the whole country is basically on fire, fortunately Perth has been smoke free, but there’s no sealed road between Western and South Australia due to fires .

We are continual climate change deniers, I don’t give a fuck if you don’t believe in it, what I give a fuck about is, regardless if you do or not, the goal is to benefit our planet. We are destined to be extinct and Mother Nature will be better for it.

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Over 500 millions animals killed. Bushes the size of Belgium gone.

It will take years for those populations to recover... 

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

We are destined to be extinct and Mother Nature will be better for it.

Yes we are... and it will,  You have major disasters like what's happening in Australia and that doesn't even touch what is going on in the oceans right now and across the rest of the planet.. I think despite what is being done it's a mountain that's just too high to climb... so fucking sad what's happening all over

• Subscriber

Got a wee bit worried as my sisters live in Victoria but more urban than bush but they are ok but it's a horrible situation to be in and I read some bastard's deliberately started some of the fires, I hope they catch whoever and put them in the nick for life.  

On 04/01/2020 at 10:58, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I keep waking up to smoke filled skies, and a few times I haven't even been able to see the fucking mountain I live at the bottom of through the smoke. But no fire here, just drought killing the animals off. 

You're not the only one

FB_IMG_1578186289595.jpg

14 hours ago, Toinho said:

Over 500 millions animals killed. Bushes the size of Belgium gone. All good though our PM donates money to his church and forces people to shake his hand before turning his back on them and our country .

i am fucking sick of social media and the cunts defending the liberal party and SCUMO by saying “it’s a state issue not federal” and “the greens are to blame”, both are outrageous deflections and our leader is not leading. He reportedly met a chief of a fire department whom hadn’t eaten all day and responded with “I’ll let you get back to it” or words to that degree. 

I love my country but we are backwards, we love coal, so pro big business, liberals want religious freedom which basically promotes discrimination, and much much more. I’m saddened by our current state. We really are a shadow of our glorious neighbours (NZ), and @Berserker they are not usually that bad, the whole country is basically on fire, fortunately Perth has been smoke free, but there’s no sealed road between Western and South Australia due to fires .

We are continual climate change deniers, I don’t give a fuck if you don’t believe in it, what I give a fuck about is, regardless if you do or not, the goal is to benefit our planet. We are destined to be extinct and Mother Nature will be better for it.

Alan Jones's take.

https://volunteerfirefighters.org.au/the-greens-not-climate-change-are-to-blame-for

He does make valid criticisms of the other side. But he then goes on to be typically profoundly one eyed of his own facts.

What was interesting was it being shared on the NSW volunteer firefighters association website, and them basically endorsing that.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

He does make valid criticisms of the other side. But he then goes on to be typically profoundly one eyed of his own facts.

What was interesting was it being shared on the NSW volunteer firefighters association website, and them basically endorsing that.

Will read in the morning. But not sure how a party who has never held government is to blame.

Archived