talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian Bushfires

football forum

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently they're shooting 10,000 camels in Australia (btw, I did not know that there were camels living in Australia) because they "drink too much water" - but didn't Australia sell off a load of it's water rights to China? Does that mean they're killing camels now because they've not got enough water after selling off water rights? Or are they unrelated?

1. Camels love Australia, they are rampant in the NT and WA. 10,000 would probably need to be killed regardless, like roos.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Yes.

The LNP is fucking corrupt and is selling the country piecemeal to China and the USA. Water is getting tapped despite the drought and regulations, leaving the rivers and damns barrens. Because thye don’t give a fuck about us as long as their negative geared houses on on the picturesque coast as gaining value. This is obfuscation to the facts.

1. The drought has been long and brutal, with little done in terms of water conservation, direction and control.

2. Non-essential commodities are stealing water from vital supplies. It was a huge scandal, the burea of water has turned a blind eye for a lot of farmers because they are in cahoots.

3. The Murray Darling basin has been improperly maintained leading to over one million dead fish and the pollution of many river branches to water stagnation created from damning and tapping up stream sources.

3. Kirribilly is green so why the fuck would they care that dust storms are more common than rain storms.

Labor may be fuck people in the sense of raising taxes on fags and booze but that is comical compared to what this deep seated investment banker corruption has brought us. Melbourne and Sydney are pretty though ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Awful but entirely predictable. I'm 30, I genuinely think we might see the end of humanity in my life time. 

Of course, anyone surprised by this needs a reality check. There were proposed changes to fire safety, even Bill Shorten promised to introduce military grade aerial equipment in early 2019. The opposite happened of course, because why spend money on the long term when profits can be made now?

I wish I kept a note of it but I read a science journal article from 2008 that predicted huge drought and fires by 2020 if reforms weren’t introduced to fire safety and water management.  It is as if Black Saturday never hapoened

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.13f5d74c67481bb5ef5e09b35e5cb8e6.png

Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island

download.thumb.png.441340658e7cf9d2b1696530146b3c66.png

Kangaroo Island in South Australia has been likened to a Noah's Ark for its unique ecology. But after fierce bushfires tore through the island this week, there are fears it may never fully recover.

"You see the glowing in the distance," says Sam Mitchell, remembering the fire that threatened his home, family, and animals last week.

"The wind is quite fast, the glowing gets brighter - and then you start to see the flames."

Sam runs Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park and lives there with his wife and 19-month-old son, Connor. As the flames approached, an evacuation warning was issued. Within 20 minutes, "everyone was gone".

But Sam - and four others - stayed behind.

"You can't move 800 animals including water buffaloes, ostriches and cassowaries [an ostrich-like bird]," he says.

FULL REPORT

Archived