talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carlo Ancelotti Hired As Everton Boss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Taken Napoli in to knockouts of Champions League but league form is drastically suffering. 

Napoli have greatly underachieved this season, they are at least a top 3 team in the league, along with Juve and Inter Milan. To be 7 points and 8 points behind teams like Atalanta and Cagliari, is just unacceptable for a team with the players that Napoli have. Nonetheless, the timing of his sacking after having beaten Genk 4-0 is a little strange. But I suppose the board had planned the date of his sacking before this match.

At least Ancelotti can say in the future that his last game as manager of Napoli was a 4-0 win over Genk, lol.

• Subscriber

I think its absurd that they sacked him after their performance last night and the fact that they are now in the elimination stages of the CL. 

Then they go and do this? Are they purposely trying to sabotage the one competition they are good in?

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think its absurd that they sacked him after their performance last night and the fact that they are now in the elimination stages of the CL. 

Then they go and do this? Are they purposely trying to sabotage the one competition they are good in?

Mate their league form was horrendous for a club of their stature. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Mate their league form was horrendous for a club of their stature. 

While I understand that and the fact that they are below teams that they should be trouncing they could have asked someone else to do the job and I hope this is a temporary appointment. They have the team to do the job they just need the right person and are we saying that Gattuso is going to suddenly galvanize their league form?

Just now, Mel81x said:

While I understand that and the fact that they are below teams that they should be trouncing they could have asked someone else to do the job and I hope this is a temporary appointment. They have the team to do the job they just need the right person and are we saying that Gattuso is going to suddenly galvanize their league form?

I think what happened to Milan after Gattuso may indicate that Gattuso is a better manager than his reputation has him out to be. I think he's on a pretty short term contract too - I think Napoli just wanted someone willing to take the job ASAP. No fucking around with a caretaker (because they, and most Italian clubs generally tend to approach things really short term).

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think what happened to Milan after Gattuso may indicate that Gattuso is a better manager than his reputation has him out to be. I think he's on a pretty short term contract too - I think Napoli just wanted someone willing to take the job ASAP. No fucking around with a caretaker (because they, and most Italian clubs generally tend to approach things really short term).

I hope they are right because any more slips and it gets really ugly for him and more importantly, the club.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/17/carlo-ancelotti-agrees-deal-with-everton-to-take-over-as-manager

Carlo Ancelotti has agreed a deal to take over as Everton’s manager and may forgo money he is owed by Napoli under the terms of his dismissal in order to speed his appointment at Goodison Park.

Ancelotti was sacked by Napoli last week but remains under contract until June 2021. He will hold talks with the Serie A club and decide the best course of action to sever his ties and succeed Marco Silva at Everton.

• The title was changed to Carlo Ancelotti Agrees Deal to Manage Everton
  • The title was changed to Carlo Ancelotti Hired As Everton Boss

Archived