talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Home Alone To Be 'Rebooted' for 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Sadly this idea didn't get booted out of the boardroom whenever that was and will be going ahead in 2020.

They can't ruin this classic, surely :( :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50743023

Earlier this year we heard about Disney+'s plans to do a reboot of Home Alone and it didn't go down well.

And now despite praise for some of the newly announced cast members, the internet is still feeling frosty.

Archie Yates, 10, will take on the lead role. It's thought he won't play Kevin McCallister but a similar character, according to Hollywood Reporter.

Catastrophe's Rob Delaney and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's Ellie Kemper are also signed up.

This is only Archie Yates's second big role, after his part in the film Jojo Rabbit, a comedy set in Nazi Germany. The film is not due to be released in the UK until 2020 but critics have already given his performance the thumbs up.

There aren't any details yet on how exactly Home Alone will be adapted, so no word yet on who will get to give a tonsil-splitting scream on a plane.

If anyone at all.

Home Alone was originally released back in 1990 and has an audience rating of 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The Christmas classic earned over £385 million worldwide and was the highest grossing live action comedy ever until The Hangover Part II's release in 2011.

The reboot is the first project produced by 20th Century Fox for Disney's new streaming service.

Filming is due to begin in Canada next early next year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just leave it alone! The first 2 were brilliant. The third was weird because it wasn't Kevin McAllister. The fourth was the worst of the lot but still not too bad.

I watched Home Alone: The Holiday Heist the other day and it's not worthy of being called a Home Alone film.

On 11/12/2019 at 16:22, Pyfish said:

Just leave it alone! The first 2 were brilliant. The third was weird because it wasn't Kevin McAllister. The fourth was the worst of the lot but still not too bad.

I watched Home Alone: The Holiday Heist the other day and it's not worthy of being called a Home Alone film.

There are only 2. I refuse to accept the "others" existence. 

We were talking about this at work the other day... We were speculating how the reboot might turn out, so many years later he has grown up and due to the childhood trauma of having been left alone to fend for himself is now a gang leader for a city wide drugs gang who uses all his experience and expertise to go round breaking into properties and robbing gaffs to fund his lavish lifestyle... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We were talking about this at work the other day... We were speculating how the reboot might turn out, so many years later he has grown up and due to the childhood trauma of having been left alone to fend for himself is now a gang leader for a city wide drugs gang who uses all his experience and expertise to go round breaking into properties and robbing gaffs to fund his lavish lifestyle... 

Not too far off Macaulay Culkin's grown up life tbh

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Is it... xD

Can't say I really keep up with Hollywood stars in that regard... funny if true though

Haha I doubt the breaking into the houses part but he did have quite a few issues with drugs.

Home Alone 4: A grown Kevin McAllister has run out of heroin and going through massive withdrawals, while his junkie flatmates lie dead on the floor having overdosed on fentanyl. Meanwhile, the Wet Bandits have been freshly released from prison and are out to murder the young boy who sent them away for so long.

So it's an original spin we're going for eh..?

The wet bandits break into the house of a trained child samurai. He goes way to far in defending his house to the point the good guy becomes bad and you end up rooting for the bandits to escape with their lives?

Alternatively, the wet bandits are middle school miscreants, and the person home alone is an elderly pensioner on social security and good stamps. Fending off the attacks from the youngsters help the old man recapture the joys of his youth and they battle it out but all end up bonding at the end and all join together for Christmas dinner as Carol's play and the credits roll?

• 1 year later...

Oh for god sake.

Surely given the amount of talented writers employed by Disney, they can be left to there own devices to think of new stories as opposed to rehashing a classic that's storyline cannot really be modernised for a cheap attention pop.

That trailer is an absolute abomination.

Wow. I expected it to be bad, but that is one of the worst trailers I’ve ever seen. Horrific stuff. Why do they have to force a fucking British kid in there? His posh twat voice makes me hate him already. 

Aisling Bea and Rob Delaney are both great but I genuinely hate what I've seen from this, there aren't many child films you could put up there with absolute classics but Home Alone was one of them. It'd be like remaking The Godfather

Archived