talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

10 years ago today Mike Ashley bought the club. 2 relegation and in Europe once.

Compared to the 10 years before him where we were frequently in Europe that is abysmal.

But HOPEFULLY he's eventually got it right now.

It's taken 10 year, but better late than never. :D 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How has Atsu actually done for you lot this season? Was absolute shite when we had him on loan but then again Martinez never seemed to want to give him a proper chance.

Sub for most of it but broke into the team towards the end. Probably only started a dozen games.

I don't think he'll be good enough to start but he's good enough to step in now and then and be an impact sub because when he wants to he can be very direct and get at the opposition.

• 2 weeks later...

Done well there considering he hardly played, though he has done quite well over there and I'm sure Marseille will see it as a decent deal for them too.

Sels next out of the door, what a shit signing that was.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I was going to rip into that saying that he was a load of shite and then realised that I was thinking about Obertan :$.

Gouffran has had his spell of being a load of shite in the Premier League to be fair.

But he had a decent season in the Championship. A 1 year reward contract wouldn't be too bad but it would be an indication that we wont be moving forward in the transfer market as fast as we'd like.

It might even me no new winger coming in :(

Shola plays for Botts County with player-manager Kevin Nolan and Newcastle legend Alan Smith. And they play in black and white and call themselves the magpies... The legacy lives!

How did you lot like Gini Wijnaldum? I think he plays a bit deeper for us than he did for you... but I'm pretty impressed with his first season. He's very well rounded, works hard, has barely ever had a bad game, and he's had a few important goals for us. Imo he's a pretty underated player & he does all of the things Joe Allen did playing well, but is more physical and imo a better player overall. But didn't he lose his place under Rafa? Agent Rafa has now given us Sturridge and Gini at pretty decent prices I'd say.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shola plays for Botts County with player-manager Kevin Nolan and Newcastle legend Alan Smith. And they play in black and white and call themselves the magpies... The legacy lives!

How did you lot like Gini Wijnaldum? I think he plays a bit deeper for us than he did for you... but I'm pretty impressed with his first season. He's very well rounded, works hard, has barely ever had a bad game, and he's had a few important goals for us. Imo he's a pretty underated player & he does all of the things Joe Allen did playing well, but is more physical and imo a better player overall. But didn't he lose his place under Rafa? Agent Rafa has now given us Sturridge and Gini at pretty decent prices I'd say.

He was good in the first half of the season although he wasn't consistent so we were struggling to find his correct position. Interestingly enough the big no no for us was when he played deeper, the game went by him and he couldn't keep up with it. Since you dominate possession that's probably not an issue you've experienced.

He was dropped under Rafa because he did the stereotypically Dutch international thing and gave up when the going got tough :ph34r:

Can definitely see Lucas moving, Rafa is a big fan of his.

We need another central midfielder too, Shelvey will start but not sure Hayden is up to the PL week-in week-out and Colback isn't up to it at all.

• The title was changed to Newcastle United Discussion - Staveley Takeover Bid Submitted