talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Who do you guys think we should get, Allegri or Pochettino? :ph34r:

Stick with Steve Bruce & keep shithousing your way up the table. An expensive shithousing machine backed by the Saudi royal family might make you the most hated side in the country.

Granted, everyone seems to like Sheffield United and they’re owned by an Al Saud too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rab said:

Mike Ashley isn't going to ever pay employees full pay when he could get the government to cover 80% of it.

He really is a cunt. He will probably be the next USA president

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky so are you expecting heavy investment? 

Taking it as media talk at the minute. We know Staveley and the Rueben brothers are involved. We don't know yet if and how much the Saudi's are involved.

I recall an article over a year ago saying Staveley and her backers would not spend massively. Whether this is the same backers I don't know.

The Saudi's are pivoting to sport washing now, as we saw with the Joshua fight and soon Formula 1. 

41 minutes ago, Storts said:

Can't do it the same way as Chelsea and Man City now though thanks to FFP

Are you sure about that? City still been spending. Backers that wealthy will find a way to put money into a club as big as Newcastle through sponsorship imo 

• Subscriber

Todd Cantwell for £65mil I reckon. Tyrone Mings £40mil. Wondering which flavour of the month winger from Europe comes in for £45mil and is loaned back out to Europe next summer after 3 goals and 2 assists in 26 games. I'll go Chiesa.

On 15/04/2020 at 08:39, Danny said:

From one human rights abuser to another...professional football has no shame

It's a wee bit shit but it's better than all their wealth hoarded in a bank in Switzerland. I suppose the moving of wealth is a silver lining in a cloud human abuse.

We wouldn't be able to attract big names overnight and there's always a risk you do an Everton when you have a lot of money.

Goal would have to be gradual increase. Starting with pulling away from the dross and becoming solid top 8. That shouldn't be too hard as we don't need to build a team from scratch for that. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

All these Middle-Eastern people. Coming over here, taking our jobs :ph34r:

Yea, you say that now but give it a year and Newcastle are back in the fight for a top 3 place we will be asked to come out and clap them once a week with the rest of the Toons... 

• Haha 1

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire thinks within FFP a £150m transfer budget in the next window and a significant wage bill increase will be possible.

Of course we have no clue what the new owners are up for doing. It's all speculation at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Why do people think that whenever their club is being bought that they’re getting a Sheikh with the spending power of Abramovich and Mansour combined and not getting a Venky’s or Duchatelet? 

Well....they ARE getting a sheikh with the spending power of those. Whether he does or not is another thing, but I’d fully expect them to go fairly big. You can’t buy a premier league club nowadays and be a cheap cunt, you’ll soon fall down the leagues.