talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I read somewhere that your game against West Brom is also in danger of being called off on Saturday??? 

Yup.

Apparently more test results are due and the training ground is due to re-open tomorrow so we should know more then.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Bruce is saying 2 of our players might have long covid. Can't walk for 30 minutes without needing to go back to bed.

Really bad news. Seriously wonder how long it'll take to recover from that sufficiently to play football professionally, if ever if there's permanent lung damage

Edited by Burning Gold

15 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Really bad news. Seriously wonder how long it'll take to recover from that sufficiently to play football professionally, if ever if there's permanent lung damage

True, we know Schar and Manquillo are out with COVID. Whether they are the two with suspected long covid I don't know.

28 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Bruce has now confirmed that Lascelles and ASM have COVID. I wonder if they are the two with suspected long covid as surely their isolation period is up now?

That's what it says on the BBC website. Could be a long while before we see either of them again sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard Rodrigo Vilca is performing well for the U23's. I don't think he'll get a single minute for Newcastle's first team this year, but I do hope he can go out on loan to the Eredivisie and continue his form. I was on the fence with him when he played in Peru, but Deportivo Municipal went to the dogs once he left so clearly he was very impactful. 

Solano was clearly impressed with him during his domestic call up back in September.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce appears to be behaving like the world's youngest 60 year old at the moment. Saw some interview he did where he was just banging on about Benitez non stop with sarcastic "the mighty Rafa" comments.

If he spent more time working on his management abilities and less time trying to make the likes of Richard Keys guffaw, Newcastle might be in a better situation.

Benitez says he left the job in China due to Covid issues. I guess we'll see what his next move is. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ToonFan said:

Pressure clearly getting to Cabbage Face. Cancelling written press conference but still doing radio and broadcast. 

To be honest this might actual point to the issues we're having on the field stemming from him we all know it was probably the case, but it's a pretty logical train of thought that if he's a control freak in this sort of thing (broadcast and radio can be controlled by him and his media handlers far more than what someone writes after the fact), he's also probably a massive control freak with regards to his treatment of practice, and forcing players to play his way, doing what he wants and limiting their roles. The biggest issue with our players at the minute is lack of creativity and freedom, it could actually be that that's what's being asked of them from Cabbage Face because of his narcissism. 

If the questions from radio and broadcast media are anything other than 'why are you refusing to do written press conferences?' they're not proper journalists. 

:4_joy:

They did the same with John Carver. It ended up going down to the last game of the season with Gutierrez keeping us up.

It doesn't surprise me one bit the club hierarchy are league table pundits. It's the same level of insight you get from the likes of Jamie Redknapp and Mark Lawrenson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cazza said:

You know I had to google that....

Furthermore, you do know that Albert square exists.... It is like an Inner city farm by with cockneys instead of animals (possibly the same) in their natural surroundings, wheeling and dealing low commodity items and used cars.

#stereotypes

Albert Square is actually designed based on a real place in Hackney called Fasset Square. 

Absolute sithole.