talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

Haven't seen their games in full so can't comment on their performances, but Newcastle certainly getting the harsh end of referees decisions so far this season. Dubious penalties given against them against West Ham and Villa and denied a penalty themselves because some bloke in a van saw the end of a bootlace stray offside. 

On 27/08/2021 at 10:11, ScoRoss said:

Seemingly Aberdeen are signing Matty Longstaff on loan.

Is he any good, or just another one to warm the bench?

Couldn't tell you. Bruce is a knacker. Didn't play him despite begging him to sign a new deal and promising him game time once he did. Really odd. 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Premier Steve's  I just heard on sky sports that you have got rid of 27 players and only bought in Joe whillock who you had on lone anyway.  Are we having a competition to see who is the worst run club 🤣

That's when you add youth players into it so slight distortion.

First team wages level is 5 out 1 in. Actual first team players is 0 out 0 in on end of the season. Because all the pundit class said we were good at the end of last season the club hierarchy don't see why they need to bother adding to the team.

Window closes. Bruce wanted a holding mid and centre back as a minimum. Correct in my opinion. He got neither. Even reports that Charnley shut up shop earlier in the day yesterday and Bruce spent the last hours trying to do deals himself. 

Quite a few loan offers seem to have collapsed as we haggled over the wage % and fee.

Fit and proper owners.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Window closes. Bruce wanted a holding mid and centre back as a minimum. Correct in my opinion. He got neither. Even reports that Charnley shut up shop earlier in the day yesterday and Bruce spent the last hours trying to do deals himself. 

Quite a few loan offers seem to have collapsed as we haggled over the wage % and fee.

Fit and proper owners.

Surprised Choudhury didn't eventually end up with you lot. Literally had all summer to get the deal done as you were the only club ever linked with him properly. 

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

Would Choudhury even be on that big a wage? I'd imagine he'll only be on his 2nd professional contract.

£7500 a week. Leicester even offered a compromise on that to try and get the deal through according to their local press. Whatever we offered it can't be higher than zero. It looks like we were playing silly buggers. Lee Charnley is easily the worst chief exec in the Premier League.

Funnily enough we would have been able to afford it if Charnley didn't get a £500k pay rise this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty poor choice of words really, Fairly sums up the whole situation at Newcastle these past few seasons... You wouldn't expect to be competing with the top 6 but where's the passion?? Have some pride and ambition at least because you certainly have the fans.. 

My Mum was a Toon, born and raised in Newcastle so they were always part of our household in my younger years.. For me under Keegan was probably some of the best football I have ever seen them play and as Beardsley said "We were everybody's second favourite team" 

Sad to see how far they have fallen really... 

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty poor choice of words really, Fairly sums up the whole situation at Newcastle these past few seasons... You wouldn't expect to be competing with the top 6 but where's the passion?? Have some pride and ambition at least because you certainly have the fans.. 

My Mum was a Toon, born and raised in Newcastle so they were always part of our household in my younger years.. For me under Keegan was probably some of the best football I have ever seen them play and as Beardsley said "We were everybody's second favourite team" 

Sad to see how far they have fallen really... 

I've long looked at the way failures speak of their time at a club after they've been booted. It's often totally divorced from reality, full of clichés and blaming others. It makes sense to be like that because how else could you live with yourself. Imagine being a failure in your job where everyone around you thinks you are shit, that's not good for your mental health. You need some defence. Some cognitive twist. Otherwise you'll be depressed.

The problem for Bruce, as it was for Pardew, is that he's long past his failure cut off point. He's still in the job so we are seeing the defence mechanisms while he still comes to work. Like Pardew a couple of wins here and there could buy some respite but it is all temporary because ultimately he's most likely not good enough for the job. At least there's no evidence now or in his past that he is.

• Upvote 1

@The Premier Steve's  pardrew got you in europe. I dont think  Newcastle will get a good manager while ashley is there. Newcastle never wanted Bruce there and they never give him any credit. However they loved Benitez even though Bruce did as well as him last season or if not almost as well. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Premier Steve's  pardrew got you in europe. I dont think  Newcastle will get a good manager while ashley is there. Newcastle never wanted Bruce there and they never give him any credit. However they loved Benitez even though Bruce did as well as him last season or if not almost as well. 

Pardew wasn't wanted. He came in to fans chanting for Chris Hughton back. Yet when Pardew did well that one time he was celebrated. No reason Bruce can't be either. I don't buy any of this you never wanted him therefore you Geordies are too thick to give him credit when it is due.

Bruce, the Donald Trump of football, who treats us fans like the Democrats, the Evening Chronicle like CNN and Rafa like Hilary Clinton, by virtue of his own stupid mouth has to do more than otherwise to win fans over. He makes everything 100 times worse for himself and is ruining football for a city with his twatish remarks all the time.

He is the embodiment of anti-Newcastle, he chooses to be that. He isn't our manager he is yours. He takes his strength from you not us. He sees himself as superior to us and not the servant of the fans. He takes his lead from you. The ease of which Newcastle United majority fan opinion can be written off by outsiders is what he gets out of bed for. 

I long for the day he and the rest of those who have a negative opinion on our support and who we are, back us or just leave us alone.

@The Premier Steve's I don't think for a second geordies are to thick to give him credit. I've asked you before how you know so much so clearly I think you are very intelligent. However I do think passion gets the  better of Newcastle fans sometimes. Like I said he hasn't really done any worse then Benitez who fans love. At the moment under Ashley Newcastle wont achieve much. So they have to be realistic in the manager they can get. And I dont think they will get a manager who will do much better