talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

This was an interesting article on the whole thing from the BBC I read earlier... 

Newcastle United takeover: Phil McNulty asks what Magpies should do in their new era - BBC Sport

image.thumb.png.24014eec3cd1f3bba15ef5636073f4fc.png

Does anyone remember the series V where they came to earth claiming peace disguised as humans but underneath they were lizards or something like that??? When I saw this picture I thought of that show... Just waiting for her to start pulling her skin off and start eating rodents.. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

This was an interesting article on the whole thing from the BBC I read earlier... 

Newcastle United takeover: Phil McNulty asks what Magpies should do in their new era - BBC Sport

image.thumb.png.24014eec3cd1f3bba15ef5636073f4fc.png

Does anyone remember the series V where they came to earth claiming peace disguised as humans but underneath they were lizards or something like that??? When I saw this picture I thought of that show... Just waiting for her to start pulling her skin off and start eating rodents.. 

Wish they made another season of that.

I think Staveley may end up the fall person when reality sets in that the PIF are now and never have intended to replicate Man City. She said it wouldn't replicate Man City herself a year ago but right now is saying win the league in 5 years. A year ago the PIF funds allocated were not the kind you would actually need to win the league. Either something has changed since or this one isn't what it seems.

56 minutes ago, shut up said:

So what are they here to do then,if not trying and build what City have done?

It seemed like a year ago they weren't up for pissing money in like Man City and PSG. I don't know if that has changed all of a sudden or not. It's a consortium that includes the wealthiest property developers in the United Kingdom and a state investment portfolio. They're going to grow the asset value and they will need moderate success to do so, but what it sounded like to me back then is that they're not going to piss money in, they're going to grow the club and they're going to have the ambition to be successful.

They'll start with money as they've earmarked an amount from the fund to invest. At some point I expect when that ends we might hit a cross roads in which they have to decide if they want to invest further or not. Everything Staveley was saying a year ago is that this is a long term project, not an overnight job.

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2021 at 22:43, The Premier Steve's said:

Despite all this we do genuinely have a serious relegation risk right now. Some may remember we tried to buy our way out of the drop under McClaren in January and that didn't work. Can someone come in and undo the Bruce damage to the defending overnight, depends, maybe.

It would be the most Newcastle thing ever to get relegated and have the richest club in the world in the championship. I do wonder what a lot of the players will be thinking. Most of them wont get playing time if there is heavy investment and bruce will be sacked so could make things difficult 

Isnt the malaga owner one of the richest in the world? They dont invest. I doubt that will happen with newcastle though. Normally these state owned clubs do invest heavily 

1 hour ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Zidane the latest nane linked. Lap it up now. We all know it will be Dyche.

Dyche is actually a very decent coach to be fair. Before the takeover I would have said you could have done  a lot worse. Its funny how even though you are ridiculously rich you still have that Newcastle pessimism 😂

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Dyche is actually a very decent coach to be fair. Before the takeover I would have said you could have done  a lot worse. Its funny how even though you are ridiculously rich you still have that Newcastle pessimism 😂

I imagine @The Premier Steve's is realistic enough to understand it won't be instant success and it will probably take 2-3 years at minimum for all this new wealth to kick in or get some return on it.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I imagine @The Premier Steve's is realistic enough to understand it won't be instant success and it will probably take 2-3 years at minimum for all this new wealth to kick in or get some return on it.

It took Chelsea two years to win the league but they were in the champions league and so were already able to attract players. It took city a bit longer because they were further down the league. However when  Chelsea got taken over no body knew if it would work. Now we do know that state run clubs are gernally very successful so players will feel confident to go to them 

Benitez didn't get a full season at Chelsea, he did get them playing some entertaining football. The issue was a fair contingent could not forgive for a statement he made about Chelsea while at Liverpool.

The question is does he still have the drive and ideas?