talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

• 2 months later...
On 24/08/2022 at 12:03, Chickasaw said:

Liverpool in two matches time, your chance to give them a thrashing.

I'd take a 1-0 win and be grateful if fate allows it.  We will certainly go into the game with more optimism than anytime in the recent past.   

Pep mentioned the noise in SJP as something he only heard in Barce or Madrid and the first time since he has been at City going to Newcastle it has never been like that.   

shearer has also spoken about the small ask of playing with pride and the crowd will lift you.  mentioned some of his great goals being down to the sheer adrenaline from a crowd that is pulsing it just boosts you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I'd take a 1-0 win and be grateful if fate allows it.  We will certainly go into the game with more optimism than anytime in the recent past.   

Pep mentioned the noise in SJP as something he only heard in Barce or Madrid and the first time since he has been at City going to Newcastle it has never been like that.   

shearer has also spoken about the small ask of playing with pride and the crowd will lift you.  mentioned some of his great goals being down to the sheer adrenaline from a crowd that is pulsing it just boosts you.

I was up that way for 5 years...I know. When The Magpies are in attack mode those black and white shirts are unstoppable.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Isak out for a few months.

Good in the games he played. Now a serious injury. Wilson is also injury prone. Wonder if you'll go for another striker in the January window...

maybe but they said he is back after the world cup so if that means January or Feb it's not worth it.   December is a freebie.   I think Maddison is most likely.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Only Newcastle, Man U and Arsenal so far but all seem legit good coming from a channel that derives from the Athletic.

on the Newcastle one, Alexis Mac Allister would be better money spent than James Maddison because he fits a need perfectly.   the alternatives were Lo Celso who I don't like due to his stupid injury history and Connor Gallagher who needs to leave Chelsea to save his career and I'm a Gallagher fan, that said I would only pay Chelsea the value of how they treat him, he is treated like a spare wheel, played out of position and lambasted, 25m is the most I'd pay for him and is fair value for a player Chelsea do not value.

in defence, Maxence Lacroix and Milan Skrinriar are good shouts, just because our defense is good doesnt mean it can't be made better

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

No thoughts on the crowd issues in the Leppings Lane end at Hillsbrough last week in the FA Cup?

Sheffield Wednesday are the most irresponsible club in the UK and South Yorkshire police are the dumbest cunts in England.

And I'm not surprised that something like this ends up happening decades after 1989 when nobody has been held accountable when people died.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sheffield Wednesday are the most irresponsible club in the UK and South Yorkshire police are the dumbest cunts in England.

And I'm not surprised that something like this ends up happening decades after 1989 when nobody has been held accountable when people died.

It's been a life time since I stood up in the Leppings Lane end, it used to be home end when I was a kid, but I was at Hillsbrough for two games in November.  I was in the South Stand, the newest and best part of the stadium. 

The South Stand has nice seats, great sight lines and the pitch looks in good condition, but getting to you seat  and the toilets at HT is another matter.  Narrow turnstiles, narrow stairwells and a crowded concourse and that's the home end.  

Wednesday have Fleetwood at home in 4th round and are expected to advance, what happens if they are home to Liverpool or Man Utd in the 5th round?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been there twice and both times it's been hairy. Stand needs pulling down.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

it is sad, he gave us a few  years under the tragic Ashley reign.  he was a championship play left exposed by no investment

I hope the club give something to his family for his service and that he was always a good professional

Edited by OrangeKhrush
  • Upvote 1

without getting drawn into whether it will happen or not it is at least good to see the rumours are focused on areas of dire need.

Kieran Tierney (25)

Piero Hincippie (20)

Tiago Djalo (22)

Manu Kone (21)

Maddison (25/26)

a left back, center back and midfielder are high priority