talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

I'm so chuffed we were able to get so much for Benteke. He's got talent, but everything has to be set up perfectly and up to his specific needs for him to be a success.

As for Newcastle, I hate Ashley nearly as much as you lot do. An absolute cretin. There should be rules in place for things like this. The FA should be able to force negotiations, or something. He shouldn't be able to ruin a club like he has done. Two fucking relelgations, less marketing and sponsorship money that a decade ago??? Crazy how its been allowed to happen. 

As for Rafa. I can't have any sympathy for him in this case. He knew what he was getting into. Too naive to trust the words of that fat cunt, he was never going to be backed properly. 

• Upvote 1

We did offer £21m for Berahino :ph34r:

But only because he was young and the club thought we could get £50m for him 2 years down the line.

For years we had a policy of never signing anyone over 25 xD Even now, despite Rafa demanding experience we've got the youngest team in the league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I don’t get that argument - of course he’s been highly successful in the past and I am sure Newcastle fan respect that, but at the same time the longer he stays at Arsenal, the less of a threat they become in the league and even clubs like Newcastle can start closing the gap on them.

I hope Wenger remains for a very long time. He’s lost his touch over a full season - even if he can still churn out a cup win 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seen that it's been a year since Cheick Tiote passed away at age 30. I'd totally forgotten that happened until I just saw it. I remember him and Cabaye making up a pretty good midfield unit. And 30 is far too young to die. Sad stuff to remember, RIP.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just seen that it's been a year since Cheick Tiote passed away at age 30. I'd totally forgotten that happened until I just saw it. I remember him and Cabaye making up a pretty good midfield unit. And 30 is far too young to die. Sad stuff to remember, RIP.

Yeah I saw it on Twitter, mental really, had that screamer against Arsenal that was one of those classic games.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What the fuck? Tiote died? I can't believe I missed that.

£100?! that's a massive increase. What percentage is that? Is that across the board?

Ashley knows how to keep you lot on side. He does not give a flying fuck, i think you're stuck with him too

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

£100?! that's a massive increase. What percentage is that? Is that across the board?

Ashley knows how to keep you lot on side. He does not give a flying fuck, i think you're stuck with him too

They put season tickets down 10% when we went down and froze prices for the first year back up. They've just increased season ticket prices 20%.

You could say fair enough if they went back up 10%, but 20% is taking an extra 10% at a time that tv revenue is at an all time high and probably millions more than the year we went down because we missed the first £100m minimum year by getting relegated.