talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

They put season tickets down 10% when we went down and froze prices for the first year back up. They've just increased season ticket prices 20%.

You could say fair enough if they went back up 10%, but 20% is taking an extra 10% at a time that tv revenue is at an all time high and probably millions more than the year we went down because we missed the first £100m minimum year by getting relegated.

Yeah 10% this year and 10% next year he might have got away with it, but a £100 increase is a lot of money for people.

It also seems very late to be announcing season tickets prices, i'm sure we do ours like March

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Yeah 10% this year and 10% next year he might have got away with it, but a £100 increase is a lot of money for people.

It also seems very late to be announcing season tickets prices, i'm sure we do ours like March

Because the club was for sale I think. He thought us staying up would get him £400m, he was wrong. Takeover has gone dead. Third attempt to sell the club, third failure. No urgency to sell the club, happy to sit on it and wait, that is what rich people do with assets, cashing in is neither here nor there to them unless they think someone is paying them over the odds.

• 1 month later...

Newcastle were discussed in the house of commons today. Basically fans are saying something needs to be done to stop owners comong in and taking money out clubs.      

What do you think @Harvsky  do fans have a legal case?

Edited by Guest

It's so far beyond a joke now I can't find the words to aptly describe the state of the situation. 

Mike Ashley is a fucking fat, greedy pig and it's disgusting that the FA are sitting back and letting him ruin a great club like Newcastle. There should be sanctions for his treatment of that club. No signings, making less money commercially than a decade ago, sitting on a shit load of prize money. When you've got clubs like Fulham (with a third of the stadium capacity and nowhere near the fan base) spending 30m+ on a player and then your only buy this summer is a goalie for 3m then it's a fucking laugh. 

Feel so sorry for everybody having to endure that fat bastard, hopefully some oil baron gets his hands on you lot.

On 21/01/2018 at 18:06, Machado said:

Newcastle haven't broken their transfer record for 13 years.

od3wlj68oeb01.png

To be fair though when you look at it like that they didn't break it for 9 years and that was before ashley

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Newcastle were discussed in the house of commons today. Basically fans are saying something needs to be done to stop owners comong in and taking money out clubs.      

What do you think @Harvsky  do fans have a legal case?

There's no evidence available. The last accounts released were 2016/17 and they were bizarre and littered with confusing financial hocus pocus. No football finance expert could make sense of it, something is afoot, we just don't know what.

Our revenue is at an all time high. £126m in tv money alone. So where are the funds? 

Will we ever get to know? 

Transparency is the starting point. It's jumping the gun to say cash reserves are being taken out.

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

There's no evidence available. The last accounts released were 2016/17 and they were bizarre and littered with confusing financial hocus pocus. No football finance expert could make sense of it, something is afoot, we just don't know what.

Our revenue is at an all time high. £126m in tv money alone. So where are the funds? 

Will we ever get to know? 

Transparency is the starting point. It's jumping the gun to say cash reserves are being taken out.

Mile ahsley said he can't right big checks as his money is tighed up and the club have to generate their own finances. What would you say to that mate?

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mile ahsley said he can't right big checks as his money is tighed up and the club have to generate their own finances. What would you say to that mate?

We are not asking for his money, we are asking where our money is. The latest furore is that in the public eye backed by football finance experts and Rafa is that money promised to us is missing, unaccounted for. We are asking why when revenue is at an all time high are we scraping the barrell in the transfer market and are sell to buy.

On 7/25/2018 at 13:28, Gunnersauraus said:

To be fair though when you look at it like that they didn't break it for 9 years and that was before ashley

I saw a stat today that made me think of your comment.

132 players have been signed by Premier League clubs for over £20m since Newcastle spent £16m on Michael Owen.

I saw another that also calculated that Newcastle's most expensive signing under Mike Ashey is in inflation terms the equivalent of spending £115,000 on a player in 1996, the year we bought Shearer for £15m.

The whole record signing stuff is disingenuous anyway. If we break it it wouldn't negate the decline, we'd have to buy someone for at least £40m for it to be anywhere near the equivalent of signing Michael Owen for £16m when we did.

13 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I saw a stat today that made me think of your comment.

132 players have been signed by Premier League clubs for over £20m since Newcastle spent £16m on Michael Owen.

I saw another that also calculated that Newcastle's most expensive signing under Mike Ashey is in inflation terms the equivalent of spending £115,000 on a player in 1996, the year we bought Shearer for £15m.

The whole record signing stuff is disingenuous anyway. If we break it it wouldn't negate the decline, we'd have to buy someone for at least £40m for it to be anywhere near the equivalent of signing Michael Owen for £16m when we did.

Wow. Just looked it up and Ruben Neves cost wolves £16.1 million which means a championshil club has spent more than you while in the championship.

We just got beat 4-0 off Braga xD 10 of the 11 starting players from the Championship side. First half 0-0, couldn't do shit going forward as per usual. Half time Lascelles is subbed off for new boy Fabian Schar and the defence collapses, could have lost 6 or 7 nil.

With our horrendous fixtures this could all be very ugly within 6 weeks.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

We just got beat 4-0 off Braga xD 10 of the 11 starting players from the Championship side. First half 0-0, couldn't do shit going forward as per usual. Half time Lascelles is subbed off for new boy Fabian Schar and the defence collapses, could have lost 6 or 7 nil.

With our horrendous fixtures this could all be very ugly within 6 weeks.

2 weeks later than usual then... got to love your optimism

Rafa after tonights 4-0 defeat to Braga

“Am I optimistic? Thinking that in ten days we can do what we didn’t do in two months?

“I don’t think so.

“I think it’s obvious we need people, we need (more) bodies.

“I said two months ago what we needed and 10 days before the start of season we still are where we are.

“There are four or five players we thought we could bring in…but we haven’t.”

• Subscriber

Feel sorry for Benitez. He could quit out of protest but it's so clear that Mike Ashley won't change that he can't even comfort himself with the slight possibility that walking away could be the only thing he could do to incite a change.

• Subscriber

All this moaning is starting to grate a bit. They’ve signed 5 players this summer, 21 in the last two years apparently. Ashley clearly not giving them a blank cheque but they’ve been able to bring players in

We haven’t signed a single player this summer, neither have Burnley - that is unacceptable. 

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

All this moaning is starting to grate a bit. They’ve signed 5 players this summer, 21 in the last two years apparently. Ashley clearly not giving them a blank cheque but they’ve been able to bring players in

We haven’t signed a single player this summer, neither have Burnley - that is unacceptable. 

Is the lack of spending by Spurs due to the new stadium, simular to the route Arsenal went down or just Levy reigning the spending full stop?

Edited by LFCMadLad