talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

21 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I don't know how old you both are but that part of Hackney is as most of the Borough 'up and coming' house prices have gone high.

That's because it's London and house prices in London are just stupid. 

£1m in London would buy you basic in a shithole. Move a 2 hour drive north and it buys you a mansion. 

Some people will just throw money away for the prestige of living in London. Why anyone would want to live in London is a mystery though? It's horrible.

Edited by LFCMadLad

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

A massive sweeping generalisation but hey ho. 

You ever lived/worked in London Stan?

I have, all over the place. The standard of living for the prices you pay is disgusting. 

So no, it's not a sweeping generalisation Stan, it's from experience. 

You however.... hey ho.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You ever lived/worked in London Stan?

I have, all over the place. The standard of living for the prices you pay is disgusting. 

So no, it's not a sweeping generalisation Stan, it's from experience. 

You however.... hey ho.

Yes I have. 

So in my experience, it's not all bad. :what:

If we're talking just money and prices for things, then yeah it's overpriced and terribly so. Can't disagree with that. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes I have. 

So in my experience, it's not all bad. :what:

If we're talking just money and prices for things, then yeah it's overpriced and terribly so. Can't disagree with that. 

That was basically my point mate. The state of the houses for what you pay is disgusting. The prices you pay for food etc is diabolical. The state of some of the places in London isn't fit for a rat. Then there's the traffic. Totally different set of rules just because it's London. 

Then you have all the gobshite gangster whonabees with the cringy loud annoying accent... and it's a horrible place to live. 

So much more value for money and a better standard of life anywhere outside of 1 hour from London.

Honestly, I wouldn't live/work there again for any amount of money.

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

London is a great city. A shame it has become inaccessible for many because of money, something which is only getting worse but to walk around its great. Most importantly it has so many wonderful pubs.

Go to any country in the world and you hear the same about New York City, Paris, Toronto, Rome etc etc.

Nobody wants to live there ...........except the tens of millions that love living in them.;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That was basically my point mate. The state of the houses for what you pay is disgusting. The prices you pay for food etc is diabolical. The state of some of the places in London isn't fit for a rat. Then there's the traffic. Totally different set of rules just because it's London. 

Then you have all the gobshite gangster whonabees with the cringy loud annoying accent... and it's a horrible place to live. 

So much more value for money and a better standard of life anywhere outside of 1 hour from London.

Honestly, I wouldn't live/work there again for any amount of money.

I used to pay about 65-70% of my salary to rent what you might call a box in zone 2. I don't regret it one bit. If I was younger and at a different life stage to right now I'd do it all again. London isn't perfect, there's a lot to have a pet peeve about, but if you are a young single professional its the place to be. There's many different London's though, this is a specific one. It's a very different world for those who come to London on a poor wage with few prospects, or the blue collar workers who come to make money and leave. And many other worlds in the city.

17 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

I used to pay about 65-70% of my salary to rent what you might call a box in zone 2. I don't regret it one bit. If I was younger and at a different life stage to right now I'd do it all again. London isn't perfect, there's a lot to have a pet peeve about, but if you are a young single professional its the place to be. There's many different London's though, this is a specific one. It's a very different world for those who come to London on a poor wage with few prospects, or the blue collar workers who come to make money and leave. And many other worlds in the city.

It takes all sorts I suppose. I worked/lived there (different parts of London) for 6 years on a more than decent wage and got offered another 3 year contract to stay, which I fundamentally turned down. Couldn't wait to get out of the place.

Give me the relaxed luxury life further north over that rat race anyday.

Edited by LFCMadLad

16 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It takes all sorts I suppose. I worked/lived there (different parts of London) for 6 years on a more than decent wage and got offered another 3 year contract to stay, which I fundamentally turned down. Couldn't wait to get out of the place.

Give me the relaxed luxury life further north over that rate race anyday.

I've moved further out twice and getting further away each time. Gradual retreat for me. 

I think the place is perfect for 25-30, assuming you have no kids. Diversity in everything. Met and worked with people from every corner of the earth. I'm not sure I'd want to be there at 21. There are better cities for that age and I'm almost certain it's not the place to bring up kids.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

What do window cleaners get paid on Tyneside these days?xD

Fwiw I feel bad for Newcastle, sacking Rafa was lunacy, hiring this bonehead is like pouring salt into the wound.

Rafa wasn't sacked, he fucked off because he was being treated like a total mug.

6 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Rafa wasn't sacked, he fucked off because he was being treated like a total mug.

Sorry I did know that, what I meant was that Rafa had been forced out rather than sacked.

Bruce just makes me cringe, he thinks the fans owe him something because he is local but he has a fucking big chip on his shoulder because the fans would dump him in a heartbeat to get Rafa back.

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Sorry I did know that, what I meant was that Rafa had been forced out rather than sacked.

Bruce just makes me cringe, he thinks the fans owe him something because he is local but he has a fucking big chip on his shoulder because the fans would dump him in a heartbeat to get Rafa back.

That's pretty much spot on, he's being immature and a bit stupid really. Referring to Rafa as 'the mighty Rafa' in a press conference was a bit stupid.

3 minutes ago, N U F C said:

That's pretty much spot on, he's being immature and a bit stupid really. Referring to Rafa as 'the mighty Rafa' in a press conference was a bit stupid.

He really is a joke, nothing is ever his fault. He might be able to bullshit his way at other clubs, I don't see that happening at Newcastle.

"Mighty Rafa" has forgotten more about tactics, man management etc than that fathead will ever know.