talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 - The Most Googled...

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50728830

Game of Thrones, Caitlyn Jenner, the Rugby World Cup, what is Area 51, how to eat a pineapple and what is a dead ting?

These are some of the top phrases and questions you searched for on Google in 2019.

The Rugby World Cup - which South Africa won after beating England in the final - topped the list of overall trending searches in the UK, according to the search engine.

"What is Area 51?" and "How to pronounce psalm" were among the top questions you had this year.

For those wondering, Area 51 is a top secret US air force base which some people believe is home to aliens.

In July, the US Air Force warned people not to go near the area after a million people RSVP'd to an event on Facebook called "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us".

Psalm is the name of Kim Kardashian-West and Kanye West's fourth child who was born in May. It's pronounced "salm" - the P is silent.

TV, film and sport featured heavily in the list of the UK's top 10 trending queries - the Cricket World Cup, Chernobyl and Avengers Endgame all made the list.

And we all wanted to know a little bit more about Caitlyn Jenner.

She was the most searched for celebrity in the UK - which is likely to be down to her appearance on I'm A Celebrity.... Get Me Out of Here!

The public was also interested in how to watch big events and how to take part in politics.

"How to watch the Champions League final" "How to watch KSI vs Logan" and "How to register to vote" were some of the questions asked.

Top 10 trending queries list

Love Island took the number three spot on the most searched for TV shows - while contestant Tommy Fury was the fourth most searched for celebrity.

The reality TV show was also responsible for the seventh most googled "What is?" question of the year.

People wanted to know "What is a dead ting?" after Love Island winner Amber Gill used it to describe another islander. (It basically means you're boring)

Take a look at some of the other highlights below:

How to...

1. How to watch Champions League Final
  2. How to watch Game of Thrones
  3. How to floss dance
  4. How to pronounce psalm
  5. How to watch KSI vs. Logan
  6. How to vote in European elections
  7. How to eat pineapple
  8. How to register to vote
  9. How to tame a fox in Minecraft
  10. How to watch Chernobyl

What is?

1. What is Area 51
  2. What is the backstop
  3. What is D-Day
  4. What is Finn's Law
  5. What is a super over in cricket
  6. What is Article 50
  7. What is a dead ting
  8. What is Article 13
  9. What is a VSCO girl
  10. What is quark

Celebrities

1. Caitlyn Jenner
  2. James Charles
  3. Prince Andrew
  4. Tommy Fury
  5. Boris Johnson
  6. Jeremy Kyle
  7. Adele Roberts
  8. Liam Neeson
  9. R Kelly
  10. Nadine Coyle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably because a person died after filming for one of his shows.

That was splashed all over the new for days, you don't hear much about him nowadays so I would imagine someone has mentioned his name and someone died and they Googled it for more info. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not on a fucking pizza is the answer.

I don't like it on pizza but I don't get the issue people have with it. If someone likes it on pizza just let them enjoy it

• Subscriber

If you'd like to know what the search trends were Globally and outside the UK have a look here.

https://trends.google.com/trends/yis/2019/GLOBAL/

This is what India searched for in 2019

image.png.5c3a289137546cdc7779c6fdaa3da687.png

I'm going to say with the exception of Captain Marvel the rest seem pretty much right.

What's really odd is that if you look at the Global search list Brie Larson is #9 on the celebrities/actors list too. Who knew.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

How to eat pineapple? Putting it in your mouth and chewing it usually works for me....

image.thumb.png.2f47ae8bbd301223814f5623e75bc6f8.png

Whats really disturbing is that the question was asked the most in Wales with Scotland seemingly at the lower end of the spectrum. @Bluebird Hewitt do you'll not get exposed to many pineapples up there? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Mel81x said:

What scares me is that they omitted searches which would have broken data laws in this so what we are seeing is a 'clean list'.

Haha only in English and other major languages probably - one of the most searched questions in the Lithuanian list is asking how to unblock an illegal movie streaming site that was blocked a while ago xD 

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

Haha only in English and other major languages probably - one of the most searched questions in the Lithuanian list is asking how to unblock an illegal movie streaming site that was blocked a while ago xD 

If you look at how they populated the lists its based on spikes from the previous year so they've been searching it for two years (or more) on the trot.

Archived