talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Round of 32 Draw

football forum

• Administrator

Draw takes place Monday 16th December at 12pm (GMT)

Seeded (italics from CL groups)
Sevilla
Celtic
Espanyol
Arsenal
FC Basel
LASK Linz
Malmo
Istanbul Basaksehir
Espanyol
Gent
Porto
Braga
Man Utd
Ajax
RB Salzburg
Inter Milan
Benfica

Unseeded
APOEL
Eintracht Frankfurt
CFR Cluj
Getafe
Sporting Lisbon
Copenhagen
Roma
Ludogorets
Wolfsburg
Rangers
Wolves
AZ Alkmaar
Bayer Leverkusen
Shakhtar Donetsk
Olympiacos
Club Brugge

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wolves vs Espanyol
Sporting Lisbon vs Istanbul Basaksehir
Getafe vs Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Porto
Copenhagen vs Celtic
APOEL vs FC Basel
CFR Cluj vs Sevilla
Olympiacos vs Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar vs LASK Linz
Club Brugge vs Man Utd
Ludogorets vs Inter Milan
Eintracht Frankfurt vs RB Salzburg
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Benfica
Wolfsburg vs Malmo
AS Roma vs Gent
Rangers vs Braga

• Administrator

Shakhtar vs Benfica is probably tie of the round.

Perhaps AZ Alkmaar vs LASK could be interesting. Copenhagen vs Celtic could be good. 

Frankfurt can't get away from RB clubs xD 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shakhtar vs Benfica is probably tie of the round.

Perhaps AZ Alkmaar vs LASK could be interesting. Copenhagen vs Celtic could be good. 

Frankfurt can't get away from RB clubs xD 

Yes, Shakhtar vs Benfica should be very entertaining, I can see quite a few goals in that one. 

I think LASK could actually overcome AZ Alkmaar with the way that LASK have been playing. Nudge will no doubt be watching this encounter.

Celtic should get the better of Copenhagen, they have the better team in my view.

Out of the German clubs, Leverkusen got a very tough tie against Porto and Frankfurt were drawn against Salzburg, one of the teams that I really wanted to avoid. Even if Minamino leaves for Liverpool and Haaland also leaves in January, they will still be a very difficult team to play, they have so many good players. They are the dominant force in Austria, backed by a huge company that signs up most of the best young talent in the world.

Wolfsburg got the easiest draw out of all the German clubs, they should beat Malmo.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't help but feel this is Inter Milan's competition to lose.

Well Inter Milan got a very easy draw against the Bulgarians Ludogorets. Bottom of the La Liga table Espanyol destroyed Ludogorets 6-0 in the Europa League this season, so I don't think that Inter Milan will have much trouble beating them.

But I do not think that Inter Milan are the favorites to win the Europa League. There are plenty of other strong clubs in this competition who would give Inter Milan a real handful.

Inter have a great attack, with Martinez and Lukaku really hitting it off and forming a deadly strike partnership. Inter also have a very good goalkeeper in Handanovic and a strong defence, but their midfield isn't amazing in my opinion. They may be leading the Serie A table, but I think that Juventus will overtake them this season at some point and win the league again.

The English clubs, the German clubs, the Spanish clubs(not including Espanyol), Ajax, Salzburg, Benfica, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk and even possibly Celtic, are all capable of beating Inter Milan in my opinion. There are plenty of clubs capable of winning this year's competition in my view.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Can't help but feel this is Inter Milan's competition to lose.

It also depends how bad inter want this tournament vs winning serie A. 

They have a good chance to take away from Juventus. Playing in two or possibly 3 competitions (copa Italian) will test them. 

Conte is a very competitive coach yes but even he has complained about the clubs depth earlier in the season 

19 hours ago, True Blue said:

Club Brugge will be a real test for the process

#pogBack

Not the type of opponents I like to see Man Utd facing... after handling De Jong and De Ligt's ajax with ease I'm the final a few years back , it makes me wish we could play that great Sevilla side from a few years. Physically and talent wise, its Man Utd's cup to lose IF the consistency and right mentality is there. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived