Plymouth vs Morecambe
Salford vs Exeter
Scunthorpe vs Colchester
Swindon vs Oldham
Walsall vs Macclesfield

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge test for Rovers this. Been in fine form of late (four consecutive wins prior to Swansea on Wednesday) which has taken us to the verge of the playoffs, now we have one of the toughest away days in the league without our main source of goals. Would happily take a point, Millwall have shown lately they aren't invincible, and we seem to have finally struck a chord at the back. 

I've been reading about Fulham and it's history, tried to get behind them as my team last season but didn't really helped me to really feel them as my team after seeing them getting relegated so badly, i mean a little bit of gloryhunting is okay for someone who is looking for a club to follow. 

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

First three of our seasonal six points. :D

God, I hope not. Always you isn't it.

You are just the kind of team that could end our winning run as well. Sit back, defend, frustrate and get a goal out of nowhere.

Lost the last three against you as well. That said, it's the first time you play us under Bielsa so will be interesting to see how you handle that.

Big opportunity for us tomorrow. Home game, winnable and some interesting fixtures for those around us. Fingers crossed, we got to be better than against Hull.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

God, I hope not. Always you isn't it.

You are just the kind of team that could end our winning run as well. Sit back, defend, frustrate and get a goal out of nowhere.

Lost the last three against you as well. That said, it's the first time you play us under Bielsa so will be interesting to see how you handle that.

Big opportunity for us tomorrow. Home game, winnable and some interesting fixtures for those around us. Fingers crossed, we got to be better than against Hull.

In all honesty, I think you'll win. We were piss poor against Brentford and our defence is shocking. We're also toothless up front, with Tomlin the only player who can create anything. 

Gutted I'm not at Ashton Gate today - sounds like it's been a decent match with us 2-0 up with a slight run of luck, a wound up City and a good old half time tunnel fight. In an unthinkable position now compared to a month ago. Always knew we'd come good and Mowbray would lead us to the promised land :ph34r:

14 hours ago, tlr said:

Gutted I'm not at Ashton Gate today - sounds like it's been a decent match with us 2-0 up with a slight run of luck, a wound up City and a good old half time tunnel fight. In an unthinkable position now compared to a month ago. Always knew we'd come good and Mowbray would lead us to the promised land :ph34r:

Much better form now and beating Bristol City away is no easy feat considering how they have been one of the better teams this season. The next 2 games are very winnable aswell and it could end up being a very merry Christmas for Rovers. 

Keeping it up will be no easy task though as this league has a habit of being like that. I mean, North End were on fire and sat top of the league just a month ago and now they are 12 points behind 1st place. The Nobenders were fortunate to grab 3 points yesterday as well. 

The season is long but right now the signs of a team being capable of finishing in play off spots are realistic. 

The last defeat was a small loss to Leeds away and there is no shame in that given how they are a top side at this level and have a manager, who probably shouldn't even be managing at Championship level, more like the Premier league. I would be massively surprised if Bielsa doesn't take Leeds up on his second attempt. 

During this period there have been wins against Brentford, who are a side on similar points, Stoke away, who may be shit this season, but aren't easy to beat at the Britannia(or the Bet365 stadium as known today), albeit it not being on a Thursday night, then a win against Bristol City away yesterday, a side who are regarded as being superior. So these are really positive signs going into two very winnable games at home against Wigan and Birmingham respectively. 

16 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Full Time - 3-3

@Lucas will be absolutely fuming at this as we were literally pissed on. 

Typical Leeds. 60 mins of our best football of the season, followed by 30mins of our worst.

Honestly cannot explain the game shifting momentum quite like that.

And even at 3-2, we still couldn't take back control when Cardiff went down to 10. I will not accept complacency in this team because we haven't earned the right to be like that.

I'm still angry now, I hope that hurt the players big time to get them going for next week because that is shocking.

That was a comprehensive win where we could have won by 2, 3 or 4 goals. Most of the time we get the better of our west London rivals and it’s happened again today. Last Fulham derby at Griffin Park sealed with a dominant win.

You look at how much money Fulham have spent over the last couple of years and you compare that to us...the difference on the pitch is phenomenal.

Ollie Watkins has become a really good centre forward this season and has not only the goals but the build up play to go with it. Said Benrahma is hands down the best player in the division, we have to go up to keep him. Bryan Mbeumo is really starting to settle in now and has 8 goals. Jensen’s technical ability is top class and his effort that hit the woodwork today was great.

We have a team now where if we go up I struggle to see who doesn’t make the step up. 

48 minutes ago, Danny said:

That was a comprehensive win where we could have won by 2, 3 or 4 goals. Most of the time we get the better of our west London rivals and it’s happened again today. Last Fulham derby at Griffin Park sealed with a dominant win.

You look at how much money Fulham have spent over the last couple of years and you compare that to us...the difference on the pitch is phenomenal.

Ollie Watkins has become a really good centre forward this season and has not only the goals but the build up play to go with it. Said Benrahma is hands down the best player in the division, we have to go up to keep him. Bryan Mbeumo is really starting to settle in now and has 8 goals. Jensen’s technical ability is top class and his effort that hit the woodwork today was great.

We have a team now where if we go up I struggle to see who doesn’t make the step up. 

I keep waiting for Fulham to click but it's not happened yet. You'd think on paper they would smash it but in reality, they don't quite have that team cohesion. Big game away for us next week at theirs. One for me we have to win now to get back on track after yesterday.

Brentford for me need to sort out the away form. Always turn it on at home and no one likes going there as it's so small and tight. It's the away games they sometimes let themselves down for me.

49 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I keep waiting for Fulham to click but it's not happened yet. You'd think on paper they would smash it but in reality, they don't quite have that team cohesion. Big game away for us next week at theirs. One for me we have to win now to get back on track after yesterday.

Brentford for me need to sort out the away form. Always turn it on at home and no one likes going there as it's so small and tight. It's the away games they sometimes let themselves down for me.

We won something like one away game last season and whilst our away form isn’t great this season we’ve picked up wins at Swansea, QPR, Barnsley and Wigan. We started the season a bit slow in general but have managed to pick up points quicker than previous seasons and since October we’ve lost two away games and won three which is better than what we’d previously do

We just need to keep momentum now, the small pitch is an advantage to us as we play it every other week but we play expansive football so pitch size shouldn’t be an issue really. Away form will be the difference between play offs and automatics for is this season I think

• Subscriber

Hey, we didn't lose! A bore draw isn't much better though.

It wasn't a bad game by the sounds of it, we just couldn't get any balls in the back of the net. An improvement on our 3-0 loss last week. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived