Liverpool - 23 wins
Draws - 4
Watford - 5 wins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

You'd like to think that Liverpool wouldn't balls up on this one but it's this kind of game where they are likely to unexpectedly drop points.

it'd be typical of football in general for Watford to spring a surprise and then us to lose to Norwich xD 

• Subscriber

In their current state I don't think they'll be turning anyone over. Norwich on the other hand, I can't tell. They seem to go through phases where they look dangerous but I doubt Leicester will have any trouble getting a result with them.

10 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Klopp extension, Milner extension, Lallana off at the end of the season. Today has been far too good for Liverpool FC. Nailed on Watford win tomorrow

I like(d) Lallana - in the early days of Klopp, he was one of our better players. Had that season where he was like a man possessed. Injuries have really derailed his career, which is a shame. Hope he goes on to have a good rest of his career after he leaves us.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like(d) Lallana - in the early days of Klopp, he was one of our better players. Had that season where he was like a man possessed. Injuries have really derailed his career, which is a shame. Hope he goes on to have a good rest of his career after he leaves us.

Let's be honest, it was about three months, which he's been trading on for the last 4 years. Not that he's ever said it himself, but I think injuries are a convenient excuse for what's basically been a regression to his actual level.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Let's be honest, it was about three months, which he's been trading on for the last 4 years. Not that he's ever said it himself, but I think injuries are a convenient excuse for what's basically been a regression to his actual level.

Nah he was probably our best player that season, it was more than a few months. And he’s been barely in the side because of injuries while the side has gotten better, so it’s hard to say what his actual level is at this point - because he’s not going to play regularly and get into form with us at this point. He was basically out for a whole season 2 years ago. And in and out of the first team squad with injury most of last year.

Seems strange to judge his actual level of talent while he’s not played - we can say he’s not as good as the other midfielders that get in ahead of him. Doesn’t mean he’s as shit as he was for us before Klopp came in though - a number of players I thought were a bit of a waste of space improved when the man who signed them finally fucked off. And he’s one of them.

At this point he’s a squad player (who managed to make sure we didn’t get a loss this season at Old Trafford, mind you) that’s just got a few short months left with the side. Regardless of whether or not you rate him, let’s just wish him well and hope he leaves us with a league winners medal.

6 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Let's not be silly. It was from when Klopp came in and most of 16/17. This side has moved beyond players like him now but he was important early in Klopp's tenure. The fact that he's still around tells you what Klopp thinks of him. 

I’ve got a lot of time for Lallana as a professional, he’s been nothing but that with us even though he’s restricted to the bench and the odd start. Wish him well for when he leaves, deserved a nice end to his career.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah he was probably our best player that season, it was more than a few months. And he’s been barely in the side because of injuries while the side has gotten better, so it’s hard to say what his actual level is at this point - because he’s not going to play regularly and get into form with us at this point. He was basically out for a whole season 2 years ago. And in and out of the first team squad with injury most of last year.

Seems strange to judge his actual level of talent while he’s not played - we can say he’s not as good as the other midfielders that get in ahead of him. Doesn’t mean he’s as shit as he was for us before Klopp came in though - a number of players I thought were a bit of a waste of space improved when the man who signed them finally fucked off. And he’s one of them.

At this point he’s a squad player (who managed to make sure we didn’t get a loss this season at Old Trafford, mind you) that’s just got a few short months left with the side. Regardless of whether or not you rate him, let’s just wish him well and hope he leaves us with a league winners medal.

Equally, it's very optimistic to say his actual level is a three month purple patch as opposed to what he's shown the rest of his career before and after.

He's a hard one to judge even when he is on the pitch, to be fair. He's clearly technically gifted, but outside of that spell where it all just clicked for him... he just doesn't really produce anything, and has a penchant for getting caught in possession unnecessarily. Can't disagree he got better under Klopp, as does nearly everyone, but I think people overestimate the extent to which he did.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Let's not be silly. It was from when Klopp came in and most of 16/17. This side has moved beyond players like him now but he was important early in Klopp's tenure. The fact that he's still around tells you what Klopp thinks of him. 

Or does it tell you what every other club thinks of him? I think Klopp made a mistake giving him a big extension, and that basically put him at a level where his wages were too high for his ability. He's been a model pro, to be fair (apart from that time he choked a kid). Haven't seen him complaining while he basically hasn't had a look in even when fit.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived