talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Monday 16th December, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Live on Sky Sports

Kick-off 20.00

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Match History
Crystal Palace 1-2 Brighton
Brighton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 3-2 Brighton
Brighton 2-1 Crystal Palace (FA Cup)
Brighton 0-0 Crystal Palace

Head to Head
Crystal Palace - 35 wins
Draws - 25
Brighton - 39 wins

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its typical that our injury list is beginning to expand as soon as we hit a real Gucci run of fixtures.

This is the team I expect to start:

Guaita 

Kelly - Kouyate - Tomkins - Riedewald

McArthur - Miliojevic - McCarthy

Zaha - Meyer

Ayew

To put it frankly, if we win with this team it will be the biggest victory since we beat them in the playoffs. I know its criminal that no youngsters will still get a chance because theres no pathway to the first team, or that Victor Camarasa will STILL be overlooked by Roy. But quite frankly, if Jairo Riedeald scores on his first start since August 2017 I will be getting naked.

Score draw with Maupay and Zaha was possibly the most likely result. I definitely would have taken it at half time. For 70 minutes there we were dire.

Max Meyer has to start soon, he changed the game when he came on. Roy really needs to figure out how to make a player so good work in our system.

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Score draw with Maupay and Zaha was possibly the most likely result. I definitely would have taken it at half time. For 70 minutes there we were dire.

Max Meyer has to start soon, he changed the game when he came on. Roy really needs to figure out how to make a player so good work in our system.

What’d you make of Roy? I’d have thought he’d of made you a decent mid table outfit by now. You’re not a relegation battler though I imagine you’re all well relieved once you’ve hit the 40 point mark but whoever I watch you you just seem a bit meh

22 hours ago, Danny said:

What’d you make of Roy? I’d have thought he’d of made you a decent mid table outfit by now. You’re not a relegation battler though I imagine you’re all well relieved once you’ve hit the 40 point mark but whoever I watch you you just seem a bit meh

When he joined we had a reputation for over spending, sacking managers, and were heading to be another Sunderland.

Fast forward two and a bit seasons and we are three points off fifth after seventeen games.

That's in spite of not spending a penny in defence (our clean sheet record since Guaita replaced Hennessey is very impressive), an injury crisis after a horrendous set of fixtures and having a positive net spend as the owners have wanted to sell for some time. 

He was playing cat and mouse when he first joined but once we caught up with the teams above us I wouldn't say we've ever really flirted with relegation. He was bought in to give us stability and so far hes more than succeeded.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Monday 16th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived