talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [15. Spieltag] - 13-15th December, 2019

football forum

Fortuna Dusseldorf 0-3 RB Leipzig is the final score.

RB Leipzig go top of the Bundesliga table with this win and Leipzig's next Bundesliga match against Dortmund, promises to be a cracker!

Schick had another very good game. Leipzig have an option to buy Schick permanently at the end of the season for around €28 million. That figure is looking quite a bargain now for a young striker of Schick's quality. RB Leipzig would be fools not to buy him for that amount, given his impressive performances for them so far.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Great goal from Wolfsburg!

Schlager with a nice left-footed finish in to the top corner to follow some decent Wolfsburg pressure. Deserved lead.

Yes, Schlager's strike was great, but Arnold's last minute winner was arguably better. It was a lovely snap shot volley by Arnold, which was unstoppable for Sommer to save. I thought that it was a well deserved win for Wolfsburg in the end, on the balance of play.

I think that Gladbach really felt Zakaria's presence in midfield today, but you can't take anything away from Wolfsburg today as they played very well and ended up as deserved winners.

Hutter has made a lot of changes for Frankfurt against Schalke today. The Spaniard Lucas Torro and the American Timothy Chandler surprisingly start in midfield against Schalke. While N'Dicka and Toure start in defence in place of Hasebe and Abraham. It looks like Gacinovic will play just behind Bas Dost in attack. So there have been a lot of changes in the starting lineup. We haven't been playing too well recently, so I guess that Hutter wants to freshen things up by ringing the changes. But I have to say that I am not too optimistic. I don't think this lineup is as good as Schalke's starters. I am not too convinced of Chandler and Torro.

Schalke are playing the Welsh international Matondo in attack to partner Raman. With Harit playing just behind them, that looks like a talented trio, with a lot of pace. It should be an intriguing game, but Schalke do look like they have the stronger starting team out.

• Administrator

Schalke have been all over Frankfurt.

Wonder if the away side are tired from Europa League game on Thursday. Schalke should be ahead by a couple of goals at least.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Schalke have been all over Frankfurt.

Wonder if the away side are tired from Europa League game on Thursday. Schalke should be ahead by a couple of goals at least.

Yes, Schalke have dominated most of the play in that 1st half. They have had several dangerous chances and they have had most of the possesion.

I don't think that it's so much to do with the fact that they are tired from the midweek Europa League game. I think it's more to do with the team Frankfurt have out against Schalke. First of all, we played Vitoria Guimaraes at home, so we didn't have to do any travelling. Secondly, 6 players that are starting today against Schalke, didn't start against Guimaraes.

So I don't think that player fatigue from the Guimaraes game, can be used too much as an excuse for our performance so far against Schalke. I know the commentators have spoken about the Europa game being a possible factor, but I don't think that is a big enough reason given the drastic change to the lineup.

I personally don't think that players like Chandler or Torro are as good as our regular midfielders. Certainly Da Costa is much better than Chandler in my view. But we are also playing a top 5 side like Schalke away from home, so I think that this game was always going to be a challenge, even if we played our best 11 from the start. That's just my personal opinion on the matter.

Schalke goal! Raman scores with a neat finish past Ronnow!

Frankfurt's defence were caught out there on the break and Harit slipped the ball to the left to the unmarked Raman and the Belgian finished calmly to score for Schalke.

• Administrator

Schalke keeper absolutely cleans out the Frankfurt player way outside the box. He's studded him in to the chest ffs what the fuck is he thinking. Then the body goes in to the Frankfurt player's head.

Rightly sent off.

Just now, Stan said:

Schalke keeper absolutely cleans out the Frankfurt player way outside the box. He's studded him in to the chest ffs what the fuck is he thinking. Then the body goes in to the Frankfurt player's head.

Rightly sent off.

That was a crazy challenge! As you said, that's a deserved red card, such a reckless challenge there by the youngster Nubel.

Lets see if Frankfurt can take advantage of being a man up with about 22 minute left of the game. Hopefully we can!

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2019/20 - [15. Spieltag] - 13-15th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived