talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Where Did You See Yourself?

football forum

At 18 my dream was simple, I trained heavy for my dream as well. 

I wanted to be a Royal Marine. 

My behaviour ballsed that up though, but with every life mistake becomes a life opportunity and I met my now wife because I couldn't join the Army as planned. 

I had my first child and the rest is history, I dedicated my life to my family like I'd always planned. 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit off topic but looking back now I wish I never went to university. After leaving college at 18 I should have worked and tried getting into the property game. There was a crash in the 90's and people were picking up houses on the cheap, but in the noughties there was a boom. If I jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's which I had chances to do then I could have reaped the benefits that others I knew did. But that's life and not everything pans out like a fairy tale.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Bit off topic but looking back now I wish I never went to university. After leaving college at 18 I should have worked and tried getting into the property game. There was a crash in the 90's and people were picking up houses on the cheap, but in the noughties there was a boom. If I jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's which I had chances to do then I could have reaped the benefits that others I knew did. But that's life and not everything pans out like a fairy tale.

I don't regret going to uni at all, but I probably wouldn't do the Master's again, it was essentially pointless in terms of education. However, the experience of moving abroad alone for the first time, looking for work etc. was priceless, so I still don't regret it. 

14 minutes ago, MUFC said:

For me, I'm very glad I went even though back when I was young I definitely thought "why the fuck does it matter if I go to uni? I'm going to be working at a fucking bakery, what do I need an education for?" Then I ended up not being a baker. And I ended up getting a post-grad degree after uni outside of the UK... and that step sort of changed my life forever and ended up putting me on the track I'm on now.

It's not been perfect and I do get very homesick at times, but for the most part life's been pretty good to me since then.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For me, I'm very glad I went even though back when I was young I definitely thought "why the fuck does it matter if I go to uni? I'm going to be working at a fucking bakery, what do I need an education for?" Then I ended up not being a baker. And I ended up getting a post-grad degree after uni outside of the UK... and that step sort of changed my life forever and ended up putting me on the track I'm on now.

It's not been perfect and I do get very homesick at times, but for the most part life's been pretty good to me since then.

I think it depends how your life pans the years following university. Nudge benefitted in other ways as you have. It just never benefitted me in anyway and there are others in the same boat. It's life at the end of the day you just live with it.

Archived